What should I upgrade to?

37 minutes ago, WakefulTraveller said:

@KingSong69 I'm fairly certain that the MCM4 V2 HS is faster than the MCM3 by at least 5km/h. THe MCM3 is simply more torque centered and more comparable to a regular speed MCM4, and even there, I think the MCM4 (V2 at least) is a little bit faster.

Puuuh....

i really stop discussing with You from now on....its useless...sorry! Protections only from 40kmh on/You "Roll Off" on HS Shutdowns/ Boards You can magically recalibrate/Real MCM knowledge....you always Know/Do/guess better....

Are You capable of a Little france or using Google Translator? It Is Even mentioned on The Second Link under The photos....otherwise I also have this from Diskussions with two other Sellers/repairers....and your thoughts on The "regular" mcm4 Are best at all: this MCM4 vs1 was a Desaster for gotway!

but OK...You Are "fairly certain"....

ich habe fertig :-)

@Shoe73 PM me please if You have some more questions.....

9 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

@Shoe73 what have You bought...which Time...and from which selller?

@KingSong69I bought 2 Gotways brand new off eBay. The seller didn't know anything about them but they were relatively cheap. Turned out to have 340wh batteries. They have the carbon fiber pattern. I haven't pushed the speed past about 15mph so I'm not sure when it beeps. I cant connect to the Bluetooth with my iPhone, I'm gonna find an Android phone to check out the configuration. 

22 minutes ago, Shoe73 said:

@KingSong69I bought 2 Gotways brand new off eBay. The seller didn't know anything about them but they were relatively cheap. Turned out to have 340wh batteries. They have the carbon fiber pattern. I haven't pushed the speed past about 15mph so I'm not sure when it beeps. I cant connect to the Bluetooth with my iPhone, I'm gonna find an Android phone to check out the configuration. 

The seller didn't know anything? Haha...nice...carbon fiber says nothing :-(

Look at the steel wheel rim ....there are often some graved in numbers or a metal sticker ....what are they/this numbers? When did you bought this wheels?

in the beginning the MCM3 was only sold with 260wh....and it is relativly "new"... i think only possible to get since 2-3 months...all before MCM2s

On 4/27/2016 at 7:44 AM, KingSong69 said:

The seller didn't know anything? Haha...nice...carbon fiber says nothing :-(

Look at the steel wheel rim ....there are often some graved in numbers or a metal sticker ....what are they/this numbers? When did you bought this wheels?

in the beginning the MCM3 was only sold with 260wh....and it is relativly "new"... i think only possible to get since 2-3 months...all before MCM2s

@KingSong69 Hi bought in February, the number on the rim starts with 14AMK15. I have been totally happy so far with them (prefer over Ninebot Eplus) and they were only $350 US so I'm not complaining no matter what, but I am curious what I have. The batteries are NCR18650PF. 

Ok....You Know The Electric unicycle Facebook Group?

if You really like to Know...ask there...or at

espritroue.fr

a french Forum....

or Perhaps @Linneaunicycles or @Jane Mo

can tell if this Is mcm2s or mcm3....

sorry....i can Not help with this :-)

i would "guess" it Is Mcm2s....because of AMK....but that i don't really Know exactly....

2 hours ago, Shoe73 said:

@KingSong69 Hi bought in February, the number on the rim starts with 14AMK15. I have been totally happy so far with them (prefer over Ninebot Eplus) and they were only $350 US so I'm not complaining no matter what, but I am curious what I have. The batteries are NCR18650PF. 

Look here at my previous post. The motor is totally different than that of the MCM4-HS. Ok, I checked my MCM2S serial number and it looks the same as yours that start with 14AMK....

10 hours ago, Shoe73 said:

image.jpeg

This is the MCM2s

Hi, OP here.  I know this thread has kinda gone off the rails, but I wanted to report back on my decision.

I am moving from the city to the country in a year or two. When I get there, I will get the most powerful wheel I can get. I am thinking MSuper.   I tried taking my Airwheel over rocks and through the woods, and it failed miserably.  It just does not have enough power to climb out of trouble, and tossed me forward, at every impediment. 

For now, however, I am staying with my Airwheel.  It really is the perfect vehicle for my current situation.  I use it mainly for the last 3 blocks of my commute.  I am a total daredevil and I don't think it would be smart/safe to go any faster on downtown sidewalks, than I do now.  It is light, so I can carry it into my office.  It has enough power to zoom up the parking garage ramps and anything else the city has thrown at it.  I know it is considered low end, but I have found it to be a perfect fit for city sidewalks. 

It also allows me to work on tricks. I can hop curbs and do 180s, but I need to work on higher jumps, backwards riding, and 180s while moving at near full speed.  I would like to be able to hop up on a concrete bench and ride back and forth on it without falling off.

I will definitely throw money at a more powerful wheel, soon, but right now, I am going to throw effort at being a better rider.  My Airwheel fully supports that plan.  My birthday money is going into a new smart phone, this year.  Thanks for everyone's input. I will use it soon!

Archived