What should I upgrade to?

I have had an Airwheel for two years and love it.  I use it for the last 3 blocks of my commute, between parking garage and office.

I am a pretty good rider and I now want "the best/most powerful/fastest" EUC there is, and am willing to spend more money for it.  From what I have seen, its the Gotway MSuper.  Is that right?  Also, I can hop over curbs on the Airwheel because it is only 21 pounds.  Is this possible with the Gotway?

@I now HATE Walking!!, From what I've seen within this forum Gotway, KingSong and IPS Lhotz seem to be the most in favour.

Out and out top speed looks like the Gotways, KingSong and IPS both seem to be capable of 30kph, KingSong has the best reputation for safety with speed and all three come with large battery options which give greater levels of safety as well as range.

i guess first thing is to decide whether you are looking for a 14, 16 or 18 inch wheel? I'm afraid at 60 I'm finding trying to hop a tad difficult on a KS-14, but have no trouble with smaller kerbs and speed bumps by simply leaning back hard as I hit them. I do wonder if the side area in contact with the legs makes it easier to hop on a 16" wheel, even if heavier. Of course, it probably doesn't actually matter on an 18" wheel :-)

I think that all of the new GotWay wheels are excellent. I'd recommend the ACM 16 for the speed and stability and the newest technology. The ACM 16 can apparently go 45KM/H+. However the ACM 16 will cost you more than the rest.

The next option would be the MCM4. The MCM4 should be able to jump curbs if you have good leg strength and practice. The HS MCM4 can apparently go 35-40KM/H and it will be the least expensive of the three.

As for the new MSuper, I just don't know. The MSuper should be faster than the MCM4, but it's probably noticeably louder. It might just be able to ride over the curbs if you use your legs as suspension and absorb the impact.

17 hours ago, I now HATE Walking!! said:

I have had an Airwheel for two years and love it.  I use it for the last 3 blocks of my commute, between parking garage and office.

I am a pretty good rider and I now want "the best/most powerful/fastest" EUC there is, and am willing to spend more money for it.  From what I have seen, its the Gotway MSuper.  Is that right?  Also, I can hop over curbs on the Airwheel because it is only 21 pounds.  Is this possible with the Gotway?

I think it would be a mistake to buy a heavy 18inch wheel like an msuper without trying one first, as you may find it a 'culture shock' if you're used to and like the handling of the Airwheel.

if you're simply looking for a more powerful upgrade that handles similarly to what you're used to and what you like, a top 16inch wheel seems the obvious choice. (Ninebot e+, ips LHOTZ etc).

If you are eyeing up either the ACM16 or the MSuper you would notice a huge jump from your Airwheel in terms of performance but between the two there wouldn't really be that much of a difference.

I think the more important thing would be the comfort factor.  With this the Msuper wins hands down.  With larger wheel you can run past most bumps and holes without even knowing they where there.  As mentioned previously by someone else, with the larger wheel instead of jumping up curbs you could in-fact ride up them.  All depending how high the curbs are really but you get the idea.  Foot comfort is much better too, some owners of the ACM16 have said the pedals are rather petite and hurt their feet in more extended journeys.  MSuper has longer and wider pedals.

My 2 Cents:

I f you want to one of the fastest ways and the absolute safest: Take a KS14, 16 or 18....best Implementation of safe tiltback ever...

if you want to go absolute fastest: Take a Gotway MSuper HighSpeed...but be warned: The Beeps will nerve You!

Please WAIT until anybody knows what is meant with "45km/h" by the ACM 16...because nobody knows if they mean cutout-Speed or High-Speed.and nobody tested it real-life Performance beside a Little prototype test-ride...

As they have needed about a half year to bring the MCM4 to a -halfway- reliable wheel (VS1 has to low pedals, was to slow, cartridge was Scratching on a full pumped wheel...VS2 Highspeed is now a Little better)....it's a Kind of luck if the first throw of ACM is good or it's not....first prototype tester's say it's ok...but massproduction? i would wait a little

And for 18' wheel: Always test if you like it...it's a lot difference to a 14...

11 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

Wait for the MSuper 2. It might come around July this year.

You know what will end up happening don't you...  July comes round and delayed for another 6 months.  Then when it does eventually gets released people will say wait 3 months for the ACM16 Gen2 will be release.  Then cut to 10 year later... wait another 3 months and you can buy the Msuper 14. :rolleyes:

50 minutes ago, Chuts said:

You know what will end up happening don't you...  July comes round and delayed for another 6 months.  Then when it does eventually gets released people will say wait 3 months for the ACM16 Gen2 will be release.  Then cut to 10 year later... wait another 3 months and you can buy the Msuper 14. :rolleyes:

He is a patient man. He held on with his X3 for 2 years and could wait for the best Msuper to arrive.:D

Thanks for everyone's input.  I have been researching wheels and this is what I have so far:

Gotway MCM2s - Wheel 14, Speed 28, Power  500, Battery 340, Price $ 837, DHGate
Gotway MCM4  - Wheel 14, Speed 35, Power  800, Battery 680, Price $ 999, EUShop
GotWay MSuper- Wheel 18, Speed 35, Power 1000, Battery 680, Price $1200, DHGate

IPS    IPS191- Wheel 16, Speed 30, Power 1000, Battery 340, Price $ 859, EUShop
IPS    IPS141- Wheel 14, Speed 30, Power 1000, Battery 340, Price $ 750, EUShop
IPS    IPS121- Wheel 16, Speed 30, Power 1000, Battery 340, Price $ 759, EUShop

KngSng KS14C - Wheel 14, Speed 35, Power  800, Battery 340, Price $1000, eWheels
KngSng KS14D - Wheel 14, Speed 35, Power  800, Battery 680, Price $1200, eWheels

Does that about cover it?  Are these prices reasonable?  Are there other good places to buy EUCs?   Right now, the IPS121 and the MSuper look most attractive.

A couple notes,

1. IPS power is not the sustained power (more like 500-600W)
  2. Gotway quote their max speeds as the cut-off (or user kill speed)
  3. EUShop is shipped from China, typically to avoid paying high shipping fees, they use 'incorrect' declaration product types. such as remote control cars. If the packaged is opened by Customs, there's a very good chance the product will be confiscated. 
  4. eWheels are receiving the KS 18s 840Wh/800W Wheels this week which will be priced at $1400 including the 5A fast-charger 

I guess I did not look at the Gotway ACM models.  Where can I buy them?  Also, to they offer tiltback at max speed.  I really like that feature of my airwheel.  It allowed me to shut off my beeper and just feel the limit in tiltback.   Now that I think about it, I hate beeps.  I NEED a EUC with tiltback, like Airwheel.  Which ones offer that and whick don't?

19 minutes ago, I now HATE Walking!! said:

I guess I did not look at the Gotway ACM models.  Where can I buy them?  Also, to they offer tiltback at max speed.  I really like that feature of my airwheel.  It allowed me to shut off my beeper and just feel the limit in tiltback.   Now that I think about it, I hate beeps.  I NEED a EUC with tiltback, like Airwheel.  Which ones offer that and whick don't?

Kingsong 14C, 16A and 18B are your safest bets. 

@I now HATE Walking!! You can buy GotWay wheels on AliExpress and maybe some other sites as well. You will end up getting a fairly good deal buying from them. The prices are close to the price that the manufacturer sells them at to customers (the sellers probably get a better deal from the manufacturer).

The new KingSong 16A is very nice from what I've seen. However it will cost about as much as the ACM 16 and won't be nearly as fast. From what I've read the torque on the ACM 16 is fairly high... meaning that if they wanted to, they could lower the torque to give it even more speed, which would be a little bit crazy. The upside to the high torque is that hills and bumps will be no problem for the rider.

As for whether to go with a 16" wheel or an 18" wheel.. I'm not really certain. Personally I think that 18" wheels are a tad excessive, but they do offer a smoother more comfortable ride. The large pedals on the MSuper are certainly nice for those with larger feet. Some people have complained about the MSuper V1 motor having a bothersome noise to it. This may no longer be an issue with the MSuper V2.

I'd advise against going with the Gotway MCM2s. Saving up for a better wheel is way more worth it. I actually got my MCM3 for just around $500 with a 260 WH battery. However if I knew that the new MCM4 V2 would have had a faster HS model... I would have saved up an have gone with that along with the 680WH battery. The MCM4 is certainly a good buy for the money... but if you don't mind spending a bit more, then go with either the MSuper or the ACM16. When it comes to these wheels, you're primarily paying for the battery packs and the shipping... so you might as well get the best EUC you can get to make the other expenses seem less material.

@WakefulTraveller

please can You Tell me where You have your experiences with The ACM from?

there Are about 4-5 Prototypes floating Around...Nobody Ever Reported The "real" high Speed...The Prototypes in France got Little Problems with their Motors which "Are promised to be fixed"...One Rider Even falled backwards while Braking :-(

the tiltback Speed from ACM -in The Moment- Is 24kmh...or None tiltback cause The App don't Go higher....

and for the last point: in your Mcm3 IS the mcm4 HS motor....so MCM4 Hs Is Not faster...MCM4 Version 1 was Same Speed As Ninebot e-plus..Slow......and for The tiltback goes The Same.....Same As ACM....24...or None...

so so now to The Thread Op:

The User: great850 on youtube Is Doing Great  "real" reviews of wheels....they Are in German but have Untertitels also...

mcm4 v2 HS Is The First and only Wheel he Is Not showing real Speed with Radar canone.....he only just showed Cut out by Lifting Up....when i would guess why....i Know :-)

and no: i am i no way connected to KingSong

its just The Name of my First wheel i choose!

Kingsongs Are Not Perfect, also!

i just can dont like to Read Things from fifth Hand....

for the shops:

eushop china: You find here another Thread of someone WHO Is adviced to repair The mosfets of his Broken ips Zero himself...good Shop so...

if you are from The States:

whatever You Do:

go with a Us Shop:

ewheels.com who has fantastic Reputation here

or

myfunwheel.com.  New but Rider himself....

ordering in China? Good luck with delivering and customs ;-)

@KingSong69 I've just read some anecdotes here on the forums. I do not know with any certainty whether the torque is any higher than say the MCM4 or not but it does have a much stronger motor.

I was under the impression that the MCM4 V2 had an even faster configuration, but again, I do not know that with certainty. 

This is my first time hearing about these issues with the ACM. I will be careful if I choose to order this wheel. It might be best to wait for fixes or just go with the MCM4 or maybe the MSuper. I would definitely like to see their motherboard OS redone with more configuration options and to have the beeping volume turned down a bit. It's already very audible on a windy / noisy day.

@Shoe73 It might very well be, but I do not know for certain. Even if is, I'd still suggest saving up for the MCM4 as it has comfy pedals, a cooler design, and perhaps a higher top speed.

12 hours ago, Shoe73 said:

Isn't MCM3 just another name for the MCM2S?

No!

the mcm3 Is with The Same Motor As mcm4 HS....800watt...

in One Country The mcm3 Is Even Sold as

mcm4 "urban"

9 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

No!

the mcm3 Is with The Same Motor As mcm4 HS....800watt...

in One Country The mcm3 Is Even Sold as

mcm4 "urban"

@KingSong69 How can I tell which one I have? The Gotway website doesn't mention an MCM3. 

6 hours ago, Shoe73 said:

@KingSong69 How can I tell which one I have? The Gotway website doesn't mention an MCM3. 

If it can go around 30 km/h in real speed (not the app speed) before it starts beeping (with the first two speed alarms disabled) then it's an MCM3 or an MCM4 (without high speed). It might have been possible to get the MCM3 with the HS configuration.

Again:

the mcm4 VS 1 .....The Not high Speed One so....was a real Slow and Bad Competitor....it has a Speed Around Max 24-25....The Pedals where to low....The Tyre scraped Inside if You put to mich air in it....

so: The mcm3 Is The Same As mcm4 vs2 aka HS!

its a mcm2s case with a 800watt Motor!

AND: in The Moment only possible to get with 260wh!!! Because it has a Vertical Board on The left or right!

@Shoe73 what have You bought...which Time...and from which selller?

Archived