IPS121 forward inclination

fabio70mi

Hi,

I've bought a new IPS121 from Wheelgo and when it's switched on, the pedal is inclined (lower on straight direction) and not parallel to the floor.

I found this very unconfortable because I need to put my weight more forward and feet seems sliding forward.

Also, if I rotate it 180' (going forward) it's feeling worse.

I think it pedal should be parallel to the floor and not slight inclined in relax position.

I used a solowheel  and using it in both directions was exactly the same.

Sorry for bad english

Fabio

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like it just needs to be put through a calibration cycle.  Some wheels can do this through a phone app while others you have to access the motherboard to short two pins and while the case is levelled and the wheel free to spin the power is turned on.  Usually the wheel will spin in one direction then the other way a few tmes and then stop.  You can then power down and then disconnect the short between the two pins to resume normal function.

8 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Sounds like it just needs to be put through a calibration cycle.  Some wheels can do this through a phone app while others you have to access the motherboard to short two pins and while the case is levelled and the wheel free to spin the power is turned on.  Usually the wheel will spin in one direction then the other way a few tmes and then stop.  You can then power down and then disconnect the short between the two pins to resume normal function.

Thank you for reply.

Who sold me the whee, told me it's the model peculiarity. I think it' bad calibration. I don't want to ride with this setting.

The degree of incline that you sent in photo looks perfectly normal, as I wrote in the email: 

"There are a couple degrees of tilt back on the 121, that gets progressively higher the faster one goes, this is by design. Every Wheel has its own peculiarities that one learns to adapt to, I personally used the 121 for over six months."

Incline.jpg

Jason,

you posted my picture with level on the floor (so perfectly horizontal) that I posted as reference for other two pictures where pedal is inclined.

I think pedal should stay parallel to ground, and this model has incorrect calibration, that I cannot change at all.

What could I do now ? I don't like to ride in this way.

I hoped you replied to me also by email.

Fabio

20160425_092819-min.jpg

Jason,

I know you were right when I thought this model you sold me didn't have Bluetooth, because it was never written on Wheelgo site.

But I've not found on product description about this unconfortable "slight upward slopping angle" factory setting.

I spent a lot for this product (for my possibilities) and I'm not satisfied. What could I do ?

I sincerely hope for your help.

Fabio

On 2016. 04. 24. at 6:03 PM, fabio70mi said:

Hi,

I've bought a new IPS121 from Wheelgo and when it's switched on, the pedal is inclined (lower on straight direction) and not parallel to the floor.

I found this very unconfortable because I need to put my weight more forward and feet seems sliding forward.

Also, if I rotate it 180' (going forward) it's feeling worse.

I think it pedal should be parallel to the floor and not slight inclined in relax position.

I used a solowheel  and using it in both directions was exactly the same.

Sorry for bad english

Fabio

Use of IPS applications, and use  balance adjusment calibration

Just now, Karger said:

Use of IPS applications, and use  balance adjusment calibration

Karger,

IPS applications are for models with Bluetooth. This IPS121 does not have Bluetooth. I haven't read well specifications before buying. Stupid me.

11 minutes ago, fabio70mi said:

Karger,

IPS applications are for models with Bluetooth. This IPS121 does not have Bluetooth. I haven't read well specifications before buying. Stupid me.

Sorry.

My ips T121+ with bluetooth.

Use the higher pedal forward

Do you have an iPhone?  Download an app called iHandy level, calibrate it level by pressing the button in the app, place it on the pedal to take a measurement.  Take a clear photo to post up or maybe a video.  The second photo you posted is pretty blurry.  A couple degree tilt shouldn't be that noticeable, but I wonder if your tilt is greater.  If the factory can set this tilt there should be a calibration setting to adjust it I'm guessing?  My generic wheel reads at 0.2 degrees.  I checked what 2 degrees looks like, and if I'm interpreting from what your bubble level looks like it looks like 12 or more degrees which is quite extreme.    You can see a hint of a green glow from the power button so the unit is on.

Just now, Karger said:

Sorry.

My ips T121+ with bluetooth.

Use the higher pedal forward

I found this position worse than keeping lower pedal forward.

1 minute ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Do you have an iPhone?  Download an app called iHandy level, calibrate it level by pressing the button in the app, place it on the pedal to take a measurement.  Take a clear photo to post up.  The second photo you posted is pretty blurry.  A couple degree tilt shouldn't be that noticeable, but I wonder if your tilt is greater.

I can make better photo tomorrow, or find a similar app for Android. Can you advice an Android app ?

The Android app is oscillating between 2.5-3.0 degrees. I don't know how much is reliable.

I send a new picture of level. The other one was blurry because focus was on power switch to show it was powered on.

Fabio

20160425_220436.jpg

47 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Do you have an iPhone?  Download an app called iHandy level, calibrate it level by pressing the button in the app, place it on the pedal to take a measurement.  Take a clear photo to post up or maybe a video.  The second photo you posted is pretty blurry.  A couple degree tilt shouldn't be that noticeable, but I wonder if your tilt is greater.  If the factory can set this tilt there should be a calibration setting to adjust it I'm guessing?  My generic wheel reads at 0.2 degrees.  I checked what 2 degrees looks like, and if I'm interpreting from what your bubble level looks like it looks like 12 or more degrees which is quite extreme.    You can see a hint of a green glow from the power button so the unit is on.

If you are lucky that you can change your tilt via application, you could use for a day with 2.5-3 degrees, maybe trying both directions, and tell us what's your feeling, and if you willing to keep this setting.

3 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

I don't have bluetooth or an app for my generic wheel.  I would ride with the pedals tilting down in a forwards direction so as you speed up the tiltback levels things out.  When you are going at speed do you still notice the tilt?

"There are a couple degrees of tilt back on the 121, that gets progressively higher the faster one goes, this is by design."

I feel like sliding forward (with lower pedal front). I cannot even ride with higher pedal front.

With Solowheel and Ninebot it was so natural to ride.

That sounds like a greater than 2 degree tilt if you feel like sliding off.  Playing with the iHandy level if I tilt it 2 degrees you can barely see it so riding should still be possible.  Yours must be a lot greater.  It sounds like your unit needs to be put through a calibration cycle.  Can your seller provide you with instructions as there usually are two contacts or pins that need to be connected to enter calibration mode.  It shouldn't be difficult to do.

It's weird - they can make electronic gyros that sense all different axis, but they can't make a self-calibrating gyro or an automatic orientating gyro?  You would think they could invent a gyro that can sense what is level automagically?

3 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

That sounds like a greater than 2 degree tilt if you feel like sliding off.  Playing with the iHandy level if I tilt it 2 degrees you can barely see it so riding should still be possible.  Yours must be a lot greater.  It sounds like your unit needs to be put through a calibration cycle.  Can your seller provide you with instructions as there usually are two contacts or pins that need to be connected to enter calibration mode.  It shouldn't be difficult to do.

Ok, I don't know how to measure tilt when riding. I think it could be your riding inclination plus 2-3 degrees.

I can ride, but it's not a good feeling. I used solowheel for 1 hour and it was complete fun. And also using in both directions was the same.

Going to sleep. Feel exhausted from this situation of spending lot of money and not having what expected, and don't knowing what to do to solve.

Thank you for your interest.

Fabio.

Archived