How much money have you sunk into this crazy EUC hobby?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$450 generic + $950  NB One + $100 trolley handle and stand + $80 safety gear

Total: $1580.

On the other hand I use my car half as much, which saves me $60-70 a month in gas and parking.

So over 11 months I've saved around $700 which brings my net cost to $880 (and getting lower every month) :-D

I have spend 1240e on Gotway MCM4 680Wh including postage and on safety gear something like 80e. So total is 1320€.

The best part is that I haven't even received anything yet. :D

$520 Gotway MCM3

$1,000 Gotway MCM4 HS 680wh + extras (not yet shipped)

$300 replacement battery (360wh) for MCM3 (could have gotten this cheaper)

~$50 EUC related accessories. (padding, fingerless gloves with wrist support, LED lights, grip tape, pump, multimeter, etc.)

$32 Charge Doctor v2

Total: ~$1,902

Wow.

Now just wait until I get an MSuper! The expenses will be through the roof, I'm certain.

On Friday, April 22, 2016 at 9:58 PM, esaj said:

Probably should add that EUCs "lured" me into learning electronics, that's another grand or so there with all the components & tools I've gotten. I don't even want to count how much all those "small" Aliexpress orders add up to, 10€ here, 20€ there, 30€ to something... 400€ for oscilloscope. I'm scared to just look at the number of orders anymore ;)

All orders: 310
Total reward points: 1382
A3 level member
Your level is higher than 98% of other users.

310 orders? How the **** did that happen? :D

310 orders??? must be the wife that has access to you desktop :D

2K€, IPS Lhotz and T680+

No medical expenses sofar:wacko:

9 minutes ago, Jurgen said:

310 orders??? must be the wife that has access to you desktop :D

Unfortunately, no, just me... And it's 324 total now, 32 en-route :D  Plus I have stuff in the cart that I haven't ordered yet...

7 hours ago, esaj said:

Unfortunately, no, just me... And it's 324 total now, 32 en-route :D  Plus I have stuff in the cart that I haven't ordered yet...

Yeah they say I'm an "A3" level customer which as far as I can tell means that if I ever come to China they will throw a party in my honor. Anything that looks interesting I keep in my cart, every once in a while they tell me it got cheaper and I buy it. 

• 2 weeks later...

In about 2 years time frame:

AnShang hoverboard                       RMB 1450
Robowheel 16" unicycle                   RMB 1892
Speedway II e-scooter                      RMB 4119
Airwheel S6 e-chair                          RMB 2688
Windart double-wheel unicycle         RMB 1098
Ninebot A1 310Wh unicycle             RMB 2749
---------------------------------------------------------------
Total x 0.1538                                   USD 2150

Compare craziness, this is no where near the dot-com time 10-15 years ago where we buy new mobile phone and notebook computer almost evey year.  I remember I bought this for about USD 2500 10 years ago.  This is the OQO Model 01.  This was the smallest Windows XP computer in the world with 512MB RAM, 30G HDD, and a Wacom pen.:D  Now I have not bought new mobile phone for 3 years and no new PC for 5 years.  I wonder what will I feel about electric vehicle toy 10 years from now.  The price of battery, which is the most expensive part, should drop further with more and more electric vehicle in the market.  Maybe everyone will be riding on flying hovercraft by then.  :P

OQO_Model_01.jpg

On 23/04/2016 at 6:21 AM, EUC Extreme said:

More than 20 000 €

But then, making AWESOME movies is never cheap! 

BTW - Thanks, they really are fantastic. Now I'm thinking I need to take my wheel over to the local BMX track. 

1 hour ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

But then, making AWESOME movies is never cheap! 

BTW - Thanks, they really are fantastic. Now I'm thinking I need to take my wheel over to the local BMX track. 

Thanks a lot.

You will have fun on the track.

2 hours ago, SlowMo said:

Wow this is a very good deal!

Thats The price in Bangkok-Thailand....and they Are still making Money on it!!!!

(until now....because i am still here and have to figure out how to come back with it)

3 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Thats The price in Bangkok-Thailand....and they Are still making Money on it!!!!

(until now....because i am still here and have to figure out how to come back with it)

Why didn't you get some rental service? It would be very costly to ship form Thailand and then comes the import customs duty .

4 hours ago, SlowMo said:

Why didn't you get some rental service? It would be very costly to ship form Thailand and then comes the import customs duty .

will Not be shipped ....in One piece.....

we will See how this will work....will Report than!

I have probably spent the least on this forum. LOL (being in China helps!)

IPS ZERO (Chinese version 240wh) - US$305

Hoverboard (for wife) - US$260

Some safety gear - $US30-40

Total approx. $600 (for 2 riders)

3 hours ago, DrSoong said:

@KingSong69 Im in Thailand too until Thursday and also thought about getting a KS16 because the price is too good. But I refused because of warranty and shipping :(

Lack of warranty would actually seem like a big booboo with EUCs.  I mean let's be realistic... These new "gadgets" are Made in China without the QC of major brands you could trust (like LG, Samsung, Sony etc) QC is flaky with Chinese production lines. How nice if those established brands sold EUCS eh?? Claims would then then be a breeze mitigating any QC concerns.

With most electronics, you can probably go without warranty. I mean how many of us actually use those with our phones and computers etc? But EUCs are relatively new and QC isn't consistent so it's probably not too wise to go without warranty unless the cost savings is like 50%. But then you'd probably have to be sure that it's not a new model and been used and reviewed by many on this forum.

Archived