Ninebot One E+, Customer service not bad, just sent my friend new battery and motherboard

mengke

Has this happened to anyone?

Right after fully charge, start the machine and ride for 5-10m then the power cut off by itself. After 2-3 times like that(randomly), then it is all good again. But next time fully charged again, same issue. Let me know if that happens.

PS:   Customer service is very good from Ninebot, just sent my friend new battery and motherboard to replace to clear the power cutting issue.

Regards,

Mengke

Any idea on what causes this? Software glitch, BMS..? I recall reading somewhere that atleast the Ninebot BMS should not have the BMS cutout problem (overdischarge protection)?

Are you actually riding it when it cuts out. Only reason I ask is that my E version switches off after 5/10 minute of not being used, like if it's just leaning up against a park bench etc. ?   It's has done this many times. 

​No. My was in the middle of riding.

It's always worrying to hear of these types of problems (sudden cut outs with no apparent reason)... especially with Ninebot, which apparently has been a fairly reliable brand. Luckily it happened soon after start and in low speed(?). One can expect at least some wheels to shutdown if pushed over top speed, but sudden, totally unexpected cut out in high speeds can lead to some serious injuries. Have you contacted Ninebot, if they know anything about the issue? Hope they figure it out and stay safe!

Sorry to hear about your wheel cutting out on you. That blows big time! Mine might have cut out on me once, towards the begging of my riding journey. The more I think about the more I think it was my fault. I out leaned my wheel, or so I think? Nothing ever since. I now have 737 miles on my wheel.

Are you leaning forward when it cuts out? Hope you get this resolved. 

Not yet. This happened twice so far. And didn't trigger when I tried again today.

Hope you're right and no injuries. The cutoff problem can be very very dangerous and should never have existed.

If it's cold, it's probable the cutoff comes from the BMS. If after the cut off, you can't restart, until you plug in the charger, it's 100% sure the cutoff comes from the BMS.

I haven't seen the Ninebot battery yet, so I'm not sure if their BMS is safe.

If you feel with your finger the bulge of some big mosfets under the battery' blue shrink wrap, it means that their battery has this stupid f#&@~ing cut-off function and it's NOT safe.

It cut off when I was riding right after fully charging the unicycle. I can restart the power straight away without connect it with power source. I tried again, then another cut off. After that I can ride without problem until next full charge. Reported back to NInebot, they have sent out a new battery and motherboard for me. Happy about that. Since it was start not high speed running, I was injured badly just minor scratch. They are investing and told me they will give me a good explanation about what could be the reason. My E+ was a very early release so maybe something only with the old E+ units.

Mengke,

--- Join our Google+ community: *http://bit.ly/1G48sEs*
* A lot of tips and inside news from Ninebot Inc.
---Find out who is riding unicycle in your city:
    http://www.urban360.com/

• 2 months later...

This happens if you start riding downhill, the Ninebot charges while running downhill and therefore if you start right after having fully charged the Ninebot with a downhill ride you will be force-charging an already fully charged battery. If you start off riding uphill or on flat ground it should not happen.

• 4 months later...

Hello. I just had this same exact issue happen to me. It only happens when I first start riding with a full charge. Unfortunately I was going at a decent speed when I fell so wasn't able to plant one of my feet fast enough and landed on my knees and hands. I'm okay but it was really scary because I suddenly heard a click and next thing I know I was on the pavement. Thank God I was only in an alley and not a major street. I'm trying to get some answers from my ninebot distributor but has anyone gotten to the bottom of this issue? Is it due to overcharge?

5 hours ago, EUCrider said:

Hello. I just had this same exact issue happen to me. It only happens when I first start riding with a full charge. Unfortunately I was going at a decent speed when I fell so wasn't able to plant one of my feet fast enough and landed on my knees and hands. I'm okay but it was really scary because I suddenly heard a click and next thing I know I was on the pavement. Thank God I was only in an alley and not a major street. I'm trying to get some answers from my ninebot distributor but has anyone gotten to the bottom of this issue? Is it due to overcharge?

Most likely. If you usually start your trip from a place where you will be going downhill for a while, it is better to start with a battery that isn't fully charged. The problem is common to all EUCs but the way it's handled can be different. On the original Solowheel it starts to shake as a warning the battery is being overcharged. Others seem to just cut out!

Archived