Other Things We Like to Do When We're not Crusin' the Streets on our Wheels

myfunwheel

Just wanted to learn a little bit more about our great little community.....:)  We all love wheelin' but do you guys and girls love other things?  I wanted to create a section where we could post about the other things we might love, ya know......... totally unrelated to EUC's.  I'll go first, I love to sing and write songs, music has been a huge part of my life and I wouldn't know what I would do with out it :)  I've been a dj for many, many years in the Bay Area and used to run with one of the nicest B-boy crews in the Bay, (Renegade Rockers) I've been blessed in this wonderful life and love the fact I was introduced to the Hip Hop Bay Area scene early in my life.  What other talents or hobbies do you guys enjoy?

Sorry, not trying to be secretive, but i value this forum for EUC info and EUC experience only.

I did answer to the age-of-EUCyclist question, but that is as far as my interest goes. So ... not interested in anyones hobbies, political inclination, profession, etc ...

I think such talk would cloud the purity of this forum, and lead to much of topic stuff.

1 hour ago, johrhoj said:

I think such talk would cloud the purity of this forum, and lead to much of topic stuff.

That's why we have this off-topic subforum (which you are reading right now).

Off Topic Discussion

Discussions unrelated to electric unicycles.  No ads allowed.

On 4/18/2016 at 7:04 PM, myfunwheel said:

Just wanted to learn a little bit more about our great little community.....:)  We all love wheelin' but do you guys and girls love other things?  I wanted to create a section where we could post about the other things we might love, ya know......... totally unrelated to EUC's.  I'll go first, I love to sing and write songs, music has been a huge part of my life and I wouldn't know what I would do with out it :)  I've been a dj for many, many years in the Bay Area and used to run with one of the nicest B-boy crews in the Bay, (Renegade Rockers) I've been blessed in this wonderful life and love the fact I was introduced to the Hip Hop Bay Area scene early in my life.  What other talents or hobbies do you guys enjoy?

Wow thanks for sharing.  Awesome songs (love titanium), awesome voice.  I used to mess with Reason and FL Studio a bit.  What software do you use?

@esaj @myfunwheel 

You are so right, this is the offtopic section. I am sorry.

I do not know how i wandered off to this section, but of course it is a cool topic to explore ... in this section. I hope you get a lot of response.

9 hours ago, Cloud said:

Ok.

I hunt dinosaurs

lol......I wanna see the video:)

21 hours ago, johrhoj said:

@esaj @myfunwheel 

You are so right, this is the offtopic section. I am sorry.

I do not know how i wandered off to this section, but of course it is a cool topic to explore ... in this section. I hope you get a lot of response.

Thanks, :) have a great day!

On 4/18/2016 at 2:25 PM, John Eucist said:

Wow thanks for sharing.  Awesome songs (love titanium), awesome voice.  I used to mess with Reason and FL Studio a bit.  What software do you use?

I've used both of those softwares and they're great, I've been in the industry for some time now and everyone talks about Pro Tools like it's the be-all end-all and I have to admit that it is what is used in 95% of studios for the last 10+ years, but technology is progressing so quickly there is a lot of alternatives that will give you just as good results.  My current weapon of choice is reason 8, it is extremely quick and helps to get your creativity out rather easily.

13 hours ago, Cloud said:

Ok.

I hunt dinosaurs

3 hours ago, myfunwheel said:

lol......I wanna see the video:)

Videos are classified, but here are some pictures of the finds - 200 million year old triassic dino tracks from NJ

2wpif85.jpg

2ezsbvk.jpg

Didn't watch the video until now, you sing really well :)   Not that I probably could tell even if you were off-pitch, but at least I didn't notice anything ;)

I used to play guitar a lot around the turn of the century (something like speed/thrash metal & hard rock), but for the last 10+ years, it's been more like picking it up for 20-30 minutes at a time for maybe few times a YEAR or so :D  After I (more or less) stopped playing guitar, I got back into a longer-term hobby I've had since I was maybe 8 or 9: programming. I started with a beat-up Commodore 64 & its BASIC back in the early 90's, then progressed into PC's, Quickbasic & bunch of other basics, Turbo Pascal, C, C++ and such. Mostly I programmed some games for fun, one "pinnacle" being a 3d-multiplayer (up to 255 simultaneous players) hack'n'slash-RPG I made sometime around 2004 (I don't know where the source codes even are these days, not that many people played it in the end :D). "Unfortunately", later on I turned programming from a hobby into a serious profession, and don't code that much in my free time anymore ;) Way to ruin a good hobby, turn it into work... :P  But I do work in the game industry, mostly building the real-time multiplayer server-stuff (not web) with Java.

As you've probably noticed from my posts here, lately (well, within the past 6 months or so), I've gotten into electronics, can't say I'm really good with them, but at least I feel I'm making progress all the time (albeit slow).

You don't work for Supercell do you?  I love Hay Day!  Supercell makes like a gazillion dollars.  I wish I had some stock in the company.  I used to do some Basic programming, machine language, Pascal, C++, and Fortran.  Not no more!

Myfunwheel - excellent musical skills dude.  I like the whole vibe you give off.  LOL you're holding a soft drink still after tumbling off your wheel in one video.  I do fear for your safety though as you go zipping insanely fast around all different terrain.

I used to be super into remote helicopters, but I never really mastered the quadcopter flying on my Hubsan X4.  I wish I could do the tricks that Alan Szabo Jr does. I have a WLToys V977 that is collecting dust as I haven't flown it for ages.

18 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

You don't work for Supercell do you?  I love Hay Day!  Supercell makes like a gazillion dollars.  I wish I had some stock in the company. 

Nah, much smaller time company than Supercell.. they do make ridiculous amounts of money with their games, though :P  I could post links to our games, but there are no ads allowed here, and if a mod starts doing that, everyone else will follow ;)

18 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

I used to do some Basic programming, machine language, Pascal, C++, and Fortran.  Not no more!

Never delved deep into asm (machine language) myself and Fortran was a bit "before my time" ;)  Although apparently they still release new language specs for it.

21 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

I used to be super into remote helicopters, but I never really mastered the quadcopter flying on my Hubsan X4.  I wish I could do the tricks that Alan Szabo Jr does. I have a WLToys V977 that is collecting dust as I haven't flown it for ages.

Haven't been bitten by the RC-bug at least yet myself, but technology and electronics-wise, quadrocopters could be interesting. Although I'd probably be more into tweaking and testing them, than actually flying them :D 

2 hours ago, esaj said:

I started with a beat-up Commodore 64 & its BASIC back in the early 90's, then progressed into PC's, Quickbasic & bunch of other basics, Turbo Pascal, C, C++ and such.

I started with an Atari 800 back in early 80's.  Wish I kept up with the programming like you did.  As for hobbies I play Starcraft 2 and CS:GO.

6 hours ago, myfunwheel said:

My current weapon of choice is reason 8, it is extremely quick and helps to get your creativity out rather easily.

I thought the display of the old school physical hardware with patch cables that you can route yourself (visually) was way cool. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 21 April 2016 at 5:22 AM, EUC Extreme said:

Aircraft I also have. But I do not like them :)

What a shame, I'm so set up for Finland!

Fortunately I found skis work well on mud as well and stop it getting chucked all over the plane:

image.jpeg

Great stuff, guys....soooo cool to see everyone having fun and being creative.  I remember programming in BASIC many years ago in 5th grade....hahaha, I loved writing games back then.  We used to have these books called Choose Your Own Adventure that would have multiple scenarios. For example he would come to a point where you could make a left at the fork in the road or a right turn and based on your selection you would have to turn to a specific page and continue reading your story.  I remember building my games around this particular structure.  It  helped me understand the 'IF' 'THEN' relationship when creating logic circuits, such a valuable lesson as a kid growing up.

• 1 month later...

These videos are awesome! I believe the off topic discussion has a positive impact on the forum and brings in more members. Thanks! 

@Cloud Per our previous discussion, thanks for sharing the Dino tracks!

Archived