Where is EUC market heading? End of spec wars

13 minutes ago, MacGyverCanada said:

It must be possible to hack a wheel... but that would most certainly void your warranty.

Yep. @MRN76 developed a tool for several Ninebots back in the day. At least one other forum member developed a similar tool independently.

Edited by litewave

They'll want to increase margins and cheap wheels won't help. I think they'll go high tech. Advanced designs. 

The negative side about that, except price, is that there'll be more failure modes.

Motors and controllers should have room for improvement. Titanium or Aviation alloys.

If eucs could fly, they'd fall out of the sky being so chunky. Make them more like airplanes. Hollow designs.

33 minutes ago, Censored Truth said:

Your comment is way off subject and so are the article/blog links you posted. Those 2 articles are talking about cars, not PEVs. 

No PEV has gears, they have riding modes, this includes EUC. And No PEV has Ring and Pinion

False on EUCs requires more power to stay balanced. An EUC do not burn any voltage by simply Self Balancing. The voltage is used by riding the EUC not simply Self Balancing. 

Also the MTen Mini and the Inmotion V5 is pretty much the same specs (speed and range), V5 is a little more spec...Yet the MTen Mini is 42 Volts and V5 is 84. By your logic of power to stay balanced they should be the same voltage and not have a 40 volt difference. 

This discussion is still on subject, it is still discussion specs and/or spec wars. However it is exposed the lie you need all these volts and watts to ride 60 -70 mph. So you think the subject took a turn.

Someone mentioned in this chat a 200Volt wheel and My response was, We don't need 200 Volt Wheels because we have not reached full potential of lower voltage wheels. The ET Max Spins at 111 mph and the GT Pro spins at 125 mph...the ONLY Reason these wheels can go Max 60 - 70 MPH is because the EUC Makers are limiting the speed and power of the wheel. Those wheel should be able to ride 90 - 100 mph WITH a Rider on them. The only reason someone would a 200 volt wheel is because they think they need those volts to go 90+ mph...but we already have wheels to do that, the EUC companies are simply limit the power, speed that they give us. Inmotion have it where you have to ride over 1200 miles on the V13Pro to unlock 62 MPH...that right there is proof they limit the capabilities that these EUCs can do. The power is already there, but they not giving it to us

It is clear these companies are holding back the full capabilities of the power of these wheels. They are clearly CHARGING US for Specifications they are NOT GIVING us. The fact these companies can CAP the MAX SPEED of these EUCs and UNLOCK HIGHER SPEEDs show we are not getting the full capability of the Voltage and Wattage they are selling us. 

Imagine a Pizza company advertise a Extra Large Pizza, You Buy a Extra Large Pizza in a Extra Large box, but when you get home and open the box it is only a 6 inch personal pan pizza inside...This is the same that EUC companies are doing. They get us excited over High Voltage, Wattage and High Free Spin Speed, and price the EUC on those specs, but give half of those specs to use and enjoy.

I actually wanted to write a longer explanation,  because I could see it would be necessary,    about speeds, consumption, voltage, how mosfets work, what is "volts", "amps" and "watts"... but when i read this in your text "An EUC do not burn any voltage by simply Self Balancing."  I had to admit that it would be too complicated. If you think that "volts" are not consumed when the wheel has to balance, then you are "right", but that is only because volts is not something that can be consumed, but simply describes a state. If you think, on the other hand, that no power is consumed, total power / watts - yes, then you are completely wrong about that... and a hole lot of the rest too.    One could perhaps say a lot of bad things about many manufacturers, but one thing is certain; Manufacturers want to make money.  And you can't make money off dead customers.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Censored Truth said:

Your comment is way off subject and so are the article/blog links you posted. Those 2 articles are talking about cars, not PEVs. 

No PEV has gears, they have riding modes, this includes EUC. And No PEV has Ring and Pinion

I sincerely apologise. I thought you were intelligent enough to be able to extrapolate the data. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Funky said:

Funeral homes would like to differ.. EUC companies just need to trow in a freebie. :D 

and if the successors are satisfied, they can become regular customers of the undertaker...