Where is EUC market heading? End of spec wars

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

But the V13 didn't sell as well as Inmotion had wanted. People who wanted speed mostly went for the Master at the time. And some went for the Master Pro when that came out.

Manufacturers go after markets that are most profitable.

Leaper Kim has been successful with big fast wheels. However, in terms of weight and maneuverability, they have red lines they try not to cross, after learning their lesson from the Abrams. Mind you, their reputation for well built wheels helped too.

It does appear the sweet spot for the most profitable hot seller for non-beginners is defined by the Lynx, because the US has the largest euc market, and the Lynx is popular among the riders there.

Basically, the Lynx ended up being the Master killer, and the ET Max, and the GT Pro haven't yet managed to successfully become the Lynx killer.

I suspect this is mostly all wrong, and the EUC dealers all have different data.

The number of people willing and able to actually splash out $4k on a Lynx, and who actually spent the money, is probably a fraction of what you might be thinking it is. Vast majority of would be Lynx customers probably didn't splash out on it, because they already had a Master or a Sherman S or a V13 or even just a V11 or T4 or something.

The way I heard Eevees talk about what a hot seller the V11 and V12 were, and how InMotion sells so many more wheels than any other brand, makes me think what we think we know about the EUC market is just flat out wrong.

It might even be some crazy thing like the KS S19 selling way more than the Lynx or something like that. Maybe even the V13 sold more than the Lynx, or something we wouldn't expect.

But most potential Lynx customers probably already had a perfectly good $3-4k performance suspension wheel already, and did not drop another 4k on the newest one.

Just my speculation, let me know if I'm way off base. Jason has probably shared some stats at some point that would give us a clue.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Esash said:

I suspect this is mostly all wrong, and the EUC dealers all have different data.

The number of people willing and able to actually splash out $4k on a Lynx, and who actually spent the money, is probably a fraction of what you might be thinking it is. Vast majority of would be Lynx customers probably didn't splash out on it, because they already had a Master or a Sherman S or a V13 or even just a V11 or T4 or something.

The way I heard Eevees talk about what a hot seller the V11 and V12 were, and how InMotion sells so many more wheels than any other brand, makes me think what we think we know about the EUC market is just flat out wrong.

It might even be some crazy thing like the KS S19 selling way more than the Lynx or something like that. Maybe even the V13 sold more than the Lynx, or something we wouldn't expect.

But most potential Lynx customers probably already had a perfectly good $3-4k performance suspension wheel already, and did not drop another 4k on the newest one.

Just my speculation, let me know if I'm way off base. Jason has probably shared some stats at some point that would give us a clue.

A significant amount of local rider in Toronto buy the newest wheel that comes out and sell their last newer upgrade. Many ex30’s, lynx’s and Sherman S’ going up for sale now or near future. A lot are going for Sherman L’s. 

• Like 3

I have been wondering for a long time how easy or difficult it is for our beloved EUC manufacturers to make large deals with various companies around the world on their own with their surplus wheels, if there even are any.

干一行,爱一行。(Gān yìhánɡ,ài yìhánɡ.)

Love whatever job one takes up (because if you love your work, you will not only do it well, you will enjoy it).

2 hours ago, Esash said:

You are entitled to your wild guesses.

I consider Jack ex-Kingsong (Electric Dreams) to be an insider, and who is working in China.

In Albert's (2cells1pack) China Trip video, Jack answered the question regarding sales volume and manufacturers. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Since my other post got moved here late (first post in this thread), what do you all think of the idea of 2p wheels?

The left/right side packs would be 1p each, resulting in roughly 300-600v with the same amount of cells as today’s wheels. 2-4x continuous power should be possible in theory.

The details are in my other post, but just curious what people think.

Edited by InfiniteWheelie

They can be 1p.. How much power wheels like V5/8/Teslas/KS14/16 need anyways?

Also Falcon can't really put in lightweight category. Otherwise what are wheels that are under 40lbs? Light-light weight?

This rule will never change:

1-20kg - lightweight

20-30kg - medium

30kg+ - heavy.

:) 

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i foresee it'll eventually evolve into something like this :lol:

• Top Speed of 300 km/h (186 mph)
  • 350 Volt 30kWH battery capacity
  • 400km mileage
  • Weight less than 400lbs
  • Type 2 charging (from 20% to 80% in 20 minutes)
  • DC (direct current) fast/ rapid chargers (400km in 15 minutes)
  • Fully self balancing
  • TFT dashboard with 6-channel surround sound & sub-woofer speaker system
  • Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
  • ABS and traction control system
  • Can carry one passenger
  • Option to add luggage box for touring
Edited by yuweng
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, yuweng said:

i foresee it'll eventually evolve into something like this :lol:

• Top Speed of 300 km/h (186 mph)
  • 400km mileage
  • Fully self balancing
  • TFT dashboard with 6-channel surround sound & sub-woofer speaker system
  • Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
  • ABS and traction control system
  • Can carry one passenger
  • Option to add luggage box for touring

That's EUC with steering wheel... We already got seats.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, yuweng said:

Top Speed of 300 km/h (186 mph)

OK who wants to test drive the batch 1 units?

• 400km mileage

A Type 2 EV charger can only output ~8,000 Watts, so this is still a 4-hour charge time given the stated battery capacity.  Doesn't matter what type of battery is receiving the energy.  Now a Type 3 EV charger.... that would get you there real quick with between 50,000 Watts and 400,000 Watts of output, so ~35 minutes at the low end and ~5 minutes on the high end provided that the battery (and syn-metal heat sink) can handle those charge rates... but it's unlikely that you'll have Type 3 infrastructure at your house given the insane amount of electrical infrastructure required.

Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)

This is a great idea that likely could be implemented today!

ABS and traction control system

ABS is irrelevant, as the re-gen braking of EUCs can't lock the wheel like a traditional brake rotor/caliper. 

Not sure how exactly traction control would work... if you lose traction on one wheel there's not exactly a lot that can be done to correct it.

Edited by macgyvercanada

The thing in the video already exists.

You could also mod an EUC to be pretty much the same and it should work without any additional modifications. Just have to be mindful about where the weight is, cause if its too much in the front you are accelerating all the time.

19 minutes ago, macgyvercanada said:

Not sure how exactly traction control would work... if you lose traction on one wheel there's not exactly a lot that can be done to correct it.

The wheel will deploy two tiny wheels.

*this won’t work on Begode wheels because they can’t get the speed matching right.

Edited by noonewantstobepeterchris

Have you guys seen these yet? 320 bucks on ali express.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2251832760217933.html

I'm thinking you could even put just one on and push like a skateboard

You could also probably wear those while seated riding on an EUC, with the EUC pedals up. Could be fun as F for all I know.

In related news I just bought some sneakers with roller skates inside for 50 bucks

Edited by Esash

On 7/31/2024 at 7:23 PM, Hellkitten said:

A significant amount of local rider in Toronto buy the newest wheel that comes out and sell their last newer upgrade. Many ex30’s, lynx’s and Sherman S’ going up for sale now or near future. A lot are going for Sherman L’s. 

not here, and not for a long while... i just picked up my lynx end of june and im staying with it for easily a few years.  with all the nonsense about going faster and faster every new model release,  its turning into a circus of sorts with videos currently showing a big 70mph rider.  whats next, .... breaking the fucking sound barrier while riding an euc ?  the manufacturers should concentrate on adding design features that allow the rider to fit the euc more to the riders ergonomics rather than concentrating on which rider will get killed trying to go fast... ssssssssspppppppppllllllllAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTT......... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Esash said:

Have you guys seen these yet? 320 bucks on ali express.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2251832760217933.html

I'm thinking you could even put just one on and push like a skateboard

You could also probably wear those while seated riding on an EUC, with the EUC pedals up. Could be fun as F for all I know.

In related news I just bought some sneakers with roller skates inside for 50 bucks

I could see dual euc version of this one with the big wheels outside your legs. Imagine something like that IPS thin suitcase style EUC on the outside of each leg.

IPSi5 - Have A Go

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, on one said:

@dwagelaar @meepmeepmayer how do I look someone up based on their user name without using them in an actual public post. By the way I think those foot gliders are completely fabulous @Esash

Like 580 bucks for the ultras, I might get them some day not too far away

AIRTRICK and other products comparison motion picture

Edited by Esash
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, on one said:

? who's @yoos

580$ that's quite a lot, I wonder what the experience of those foot gliders is other than completely dominating metropolis?

I haven't done the math but they might be airplane-able

19 minutes ago, on one said:

? who's @yoos

580$ that's quite a lot, I wonder what the experience of those foot gliders is other than completely dominating metropolis?

This american company has something similar but much much worse for 1300 bucks.

these here below are the 580 dollar ones

image.thumb.png.f69aa465b710e6a23682176b248e73ff.png

Edited by Esash
  • Sad 1

On 7/31/2024 at 2:06 PM, on one said:

Why can't manufacturers just let the Lynx be the best in class, then move on to work on all the other features we want installed on our EUC's?

Simply, because people say they want this or that, and when the wheel actually come out, people don't buy them.

The tough nut to crack is being able to build wheels that people actually buy when they are out.

Spec's wise, the ET Max looks great. But when people ride them, they realize that there are other wheels that are nicer to ride for their use-cases.

• Like 1

A wheel with more than 200v will be released in 2025. Don't ask me how I know this. I won't give you details. "trust me bro"

I don't think it's unnecessary honestly to increase the volts that much without a commensurate increase in current output capability with more cells in series, but that's just my opinion. Since people essentially *can't* overpower the ET Max or GT Pro while on a full battery, is it really necessary in continue to increase the volts, seemingly for bragging rights? I don't know anyone (including racers) who has been able to go above 50% PWM on the ET Max on a full battery, so an increase in voltage seems to be not needed at this point.

Edited by WheelGoodTime