King Song - k16 ( no information at the web site)

CSERNA

The www.fountainpennetwork.com forums. "Posting" in form of pictures of handwritten notes is common practice over there, for obvious reasons :-)

7 minutes ago, CSERNA said:

I just think handwritten notes aré more graphics and easy to read, an allow to enrich the content of the simple typed words.

Not that I'm totally against this, but there is one small problem: if someone was trying to find a post based on the forum search-functions, they cannot read the text from the image and won't find it.

1 hour ago, CSERNA said:

easy to read

Are you kidding? I managed 20% of your handwrite.

3 hours ago, mhpr262 said:

The www.fountainpennetwork.com forums. "Posting" in form of pictures of handwritten notes is common practice over there, for obvious reasons :-)

I have connected it more with prescribing medicine  http://www.fpn.org/

:D

7 minutes ago, DS said:

Are you kidding? I managed 20% of your handwrite.

20% you did well, I couldn't be arsed to try and read it at all, so I just ignored the post altogether, and missed out on a chance to enrich my life!

3 minutes ago, Keith said:

I couldn't be arsed to try and read it at all

:D I took it as an English language challenge but after 5-6 attempts somehow found something else to do

Nine replies and every single one of them off topic.

Score, normal text = 9 : handwriting = 0

I am not even sure which website is being referred to? .................. Damn, that was nearly on topic ;-)

29 minutes ago, Keith said:

Nine replies and every single one of them off topic.

Score, normal text = 9 : handwriting = 0

I am not even sure which website is being referred to? .................. Damn, that was nearly on topic ;-)

Well, I admit that this thread has gone off-topic straight from the start, but forum threads rarely stay on topic all the time anyway :P   For straight, always-on-topic questions & answers only, the best source would be the several Stack Exchange-sites (probably Stack Overflow being the most well known):  http://stackexchange.com/sites   Of course, I don't think anyone has made an EUC-related site there yet ;)

And this was totally off-topic too :D

Hello every body.

this is my first post at this forum.

impressive forum

Considering  the superavanced 

knowledge of many of the members. 

I ad this now: very ironic humor too. ?

I  congratulate    Myself   for having found these bank of knowledge .

My experience at this subject is null.

my age is 44 

I am not an adventurer

not an skater

not an intrepid person

my wife say: unicycles do not suit you .

Almost anybody where I live use this kind of devices  for anything at the moment . Except several teenagers who enjoy doing tricks . 

Despite all of these ,I think electric unicycle is a great thing.  So I've started my research on the subject  .

My choice is King song 16 '' 540 wh. My work is 10 km far from home.

But I've read  several times this is  more suitable  for advanced riders .

Is this a wrong choice?

finally: why there is no informational at the King Song web about the 16" model? 

------

lets see now.

KS 16-a seems to be a great wheel by all accounts so far, and it's certainly a high end wheel with lots of performance and features packed in. The main bullet points:

16" wheel

800w motor (3000w peak) for very good performance and speed. But you can tell your wife that there are options in the app to limit your speed to a safe level ;)

large battery options (enough for your commute)

extendable handle that allows you to roll it next to you instead of carrying it since it's so heavy. This is great for shopping inside stores!

safe operation with beeps and tilt back for warnings that youre traveling too fast or stressing the motor/battery too much. 

Bluetooth speakers

headlights, brake lights, side LED lights for visibility. 

8 minutes ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

KS 16-a seems to be a great wheel by all accounts so far, and it's certainly a high end wheel with lots of performance and features packed in. The main bullet points:

16" wheel

800w motor (3000w peak) for very good performance and speed. But you can tell your wife that there are options in the app to limit your speed to a safe level ;)

large battery options (enough for your commute)

extendable handle that allows you to roll it next to you instead of carrying it since it's so heavy. This is great for shopping inside stores!

safe operation with beeps and tilt back for warnings that youre traveling too fast or stressing the motor/battery too much. 

Bluetooth speakers

headlights, brake lights, side LED lights for visibility. 

Thank you Jeffrey .  

And what do you think about the no information at the site of King Song

Hi @CSERNA,

welcome to the circle of 'interested in EUC' people.

I gave you a 'plus' for your initial post - just for the, in my eyes, very 'inventive method' :) of opening a thread. - But I hope you will go on with 'normal writing'.

To come to the questions you have:

in my opinion (built from the info on the forum only) the KS16A is a good choice. With the 540 Wh Battery you'll have enough juice to manage your commute. For commuting I would indeed use at least a 16" sized wheel.

Think for a moment, if you are planing to go on (longer) trips with your wheel. - Then it might be worth to spend a few bucks more for even a bigger battery.

For the learning phase I suggest to protect your wheel. For example with a towel wrapped around.

Also don't forget to protect yourself. I suggest to always wear protection.

Have fun ...

21 minutes ago, CSERNA said:

And what do you think about the no information at the site of King Song

Welcome to the forum

Of course there is info on ks16 on the website.   Kingsong.com

For your question why Kingsong has Not much Information....

they Are a Small Company and Not so fast in doing their website "Business"...

but thats all...

ks16 is a good Choice! I would recommend at least The 680wh Version...but your Choice!!!

i am 47 ....and "it suits me".  Now :-)  :-)

and i am no skater...no sportsman....

i have Need 4-5 Days of One Hour Learning per day!!!! Every body gets it....just don't give Up!!!

its like bicylcle learning...it Needs some Time...but once You get it...You have it!!!

and it's fantastic Fun....ridiculous Fun!!!

Almost none of the manufacturers have any decent marketing or web information, so don't let that worry you too much. King Song, while new, is now one of the most respected brands because they offer really good performance and battery options along with safety features I mentioned before. Not all brands have as good of a reputation for safety. No wheel is 100% immune to failure, but KS is a good option and is respected among the various riding communities. 

1 hour ago, viti said:
1 hour ago, viti said:

learning

I apreciate this recomendation.

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

Company

Some thing I always take under consideration when analysing any important buy is the reputation of the brand. In this case it really worries me the so so so deficient web site. I wonder if it reflect the general functioning of the company. 

But it true that many of you really give outstanding reports on the brand.

King Song , please invert  a little on your image. I don't think it is  something unaffordable.  

@CSERNA

Uhhh, another point that came just now into my mind:

There is a discussion if the KS16A is ok. with driven in (light) rain.

(I think I would try to avoid heavy rain with all wheels.)

The KS16A is the first wheel with an integrated fan. ... not a bad idea, but (as I have understood the discussion up to now) it is not clear If there is an opening in the case where water could get into the wheel.

This might be a big negative point when commuting is the main purpose of the wheel.

... Anybody knows more?

2 hours ago, CSERNA said:

My choice is King song 16 '' 540 wh. My work is 10 km far from home.

But I've read  several times this is  more suitable  for advanced riders .

Is this a wrong choice?

finally: why there is no informational at the King Song web about the 16" model?

@CSERNA, I guess I owe you a serious reply now;-).

High performance EUC's are not like (say) high performance cars. It will not feel too powerful like maybe a Ferrari might. The only downside to buying a high performance EUC is cost if you do not get on with it (very unlikely!) Other than that a good quality wheel is easier to ride I.e. If it has more power and torque you are less likely to be able to over lean or get thrown off by a bump. You could possibly go too fast for your ability, however wheels like the KS-16 can be programmed (and indeed default) to a slower speed. Do not be tempted to turn on the higher speeds until you are fully confident - it is easy to know when that is - it will be when you get fed up with it beeping at you all the time :-) 

As others have said KingSong are a lot better at making  EUC's than producing websites! However, we have a lots of very good retailers on this site with their own websites and information and loads of user information and feedback. The KS-16 is very new so information is still building up but the KS-14 has been around for a while and is very well reviewed here.

When you do get your wheel, do not be in too much of a hurry to use it to commute as, at first, your concentration will sort of give you tunnel vision, making it harder to watch for cars, pedestrians, etc. You are ready for public roads, etc when you can comfortably look around you whilst riding at cruising speed and can make an emergency stop.

My first, and so far only, wheel is a KS-14C which I have had since last November. I was just over 60 years old when I bought it and spent about a week at home and in the local park before I was confident enough to use it to get from A to B. It is used almost daily now. 

My wife thinks I am suffering a mid-life crisis!

Thank you Keith for the serious reply;)

I will follow you advice respect the timing ... What to accomplish before conmutting .

I have located a public park to start the learning process. Large areas of grass, I don't want to destroy the EUC the first day of use.

http://www.street-view.net/streetview/@37.418763,-5.995196,z17,h91,p15,z1,es

Now I'm going to look for instructional videos .

My conmute cute from home to work.Captura de pantalla 2016-04-18 a las 21.47.24.png

I'm not sure if I should  chose de 520 Wh battery or the 680.

My experience with electric golf trolleys is that soon the capacity of the battery start to get lower and then is better to choose a bigger option.

I don't know how it evolute in EUC .

Any Advice? By the way I've seen a a video where a golfer uses a Ninebot to move across the golf course!!!!         One more reason to think EUC is a good thing for me. This could add 10 km more the days I want to play a quick golf round after work.

1 hour ago, CSERNA said:

I'm not sure if I should  chose de 520 Wh battery or the 680.

My experience with electric golf trolleys is that soon the capacity of the battery start to get lower and then is better to choose a bigger option.

Really the only downside to buying the bigger battery is cost, there will be very little increase in weight (which would be the only other downside.) The more you flatten a battery the more it ages it, so a larger battery gets flattened less, draws less current for its size or conversely, under high current (going up hill for example) the voltage will stay higher giving more power. The faster you go the more Wh you will consume per Km so if you get faster the range will drop somewhat. Another issue is as a battery discharges, its voltage and therefore maximum power available also drops, so below 50% capacity power can be noticeably reduced. Also, as you say, the older the battery gets the lower its capacity. However if you are not discharging it as much as a smaller battery then it will age less and last longer.

So the above is a long winded way of saying: it is always best to buy the biggest battery you can afford.

By the way, the park you linked to above looks brilliant for training in, those winding pathways through it look perfect for practicing turns, etc once you can go in a straight line OK.

Archived