San Diego, CA

Joe

Anyone want to ride this Monday? It's MLK day and the forecast is no rain. What say ye? A leisurely stroll along silver strand or offroading Peñasquitos Canyon?

P.s. anyone down for using a more effective way of communicating? Like Google Hangouts or Facebook messenger. It would just be nice to know if people have even seen these posts.

Edited by Flyboy10

57 minutes ago, Flyboy10 said:

Anyone want to ride this Monday? It's MLK day and the forecast is no rain. What say ye? A leisurely stroll along silver strand or offroading Peñasquitos Canyon?

P.s. anyone down for using a more effective way of communicating? Like Google Hangouts or Facebook messenger. It would just be nice to know if people have even seen these posts.

Offroading sounds like fun, I would be down to go. And yeah, it would be nice to have a group chat. Either of those is fine with me, what does everyone else think?

1 hour ago, Flyboy10 said:

Good idea. I vote we do it the old fashion way of creating a group text chat, that way we don't have to worry about whether or not everyone is on a certain platform or not. I nominate Flyboy10 to collect the numbers and establish the group chat. 

• Like 1

I like the idea of a group text. Everyone can private message me their numbers along with anyone else they know that is local. I need these numbers (if you wish to join the fun): @SanDiegoGuy @RayRay @Nick McCutcheon  @Rockhardo @Tha Jugg  

Edited by Flyboy10

1 hour ago, Flyboy10 said:

I like the idea of a group text. Everyone can private message me their numbers along with anyone else they know that is local. I need these numbers (if you wish to join the fun): @SanDiegoGuy @RayRay @Nick McCutcheon  @Rockhardo @Tha Jugg  

The message part of this forum says I’m aloud to send 0 Messages a day. But I’ll get my number to you all some how. I’m down to do any ride any day and anytime. 

I ride the P Canyon a lot it’s close to where I live. So many good trails and it’s pretty flat as far as trails go in San Diego. It also connects to a few different preserves that connect to other preserves. It runs from the 5-805 Fwy split to the 15 Fwy with trails that lead out through Poway. It also connects to other land preserves to the south and north of it. You can ride trails to Del Mar Beach, Fairbanks Ranch, Rancho Santa Fe, Carlsbad, Escondido and Poway. There are so many fun routes! It might be muddy or maybe even closed on Monday. They usually close most trails in SD for a couple days after the rain. We could always meet at the trail head n if it’s closed take a paved route somewhere else.

The 56 Hwy has a double lane bike path that runs the whole length of the Hwy from the 5 to the 15. I think there are only two road crossings the whole length. There is a main bus transit station at the east end just east of the 15. The reason I bring this route up is because at many points along this Bike Path there are so many other canyon trail paths. Black Mountain is not far from this too and if you continue east you can also do a run out Lake Poway. I spent a year exploring this area and there is still so much I haven’t seen  

I did the SD Bay route about a year ago. It’s  so beautiful! Did it with some other local EUC guys. We took boat across the bay from down town. We did a whole loop around the Bay. That ended up being  a 50 mile ride for me cause I left from UTC. The route you have marked is nice cause you double backs over the best part of the ride. You can always turn around if battery’s are getting low. It’s is also really safe cause the double lane bike lane is so far off the road. There are also some nice little dirt trail off shoots along the way. 

There are so many amazing routes all over San Diego! I’ve made a bunch of photo slide shows of a bunch of my routes with photos, maps and mileage. They were all posted on my FB. I have the original videos. They are 5,000 miles EUC rides from over the last year. I just hit my one year of riding EUC this month! I’m going to load them on to my YouTube Chanel as a kind of reference for people to use if there looking for a new route to take in SD County. We can also use them when discussing potential Group Rides.

I also recently got the new Insta 360 One X Camera. So excited to start making videos with it. I put all my videos in the cloud so maybe we can do   Collaboration videos of our group rides too. 

I’d really like to double my miles this year and do 10,000 miles.  Its going to be an amazing spring this year with all this rain we’ve been getting! If P-Canyon is open on Monday and rideable, the mini falls should be flowing pretty good. 

• Upvote 1

Too bad I could not join the ride tomorrow (Monday) because I have to go to work.  My kids will be off from school for MLK day but I still have to go to work.

I will join you guys in the next San Diego ride.  Have fun guys.

Edited by SanDiegoGuy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2019 at 4:32 PM, Steve Bags said:

I should be buying a v8 sometime this week. Then I think it'll take me about a week before I'm ready to take part in a group ride. So does anyone like the idea of a group ride on Saturday March 16th?

Awesome! I love that wheel! I'm in LA, so I'm out, but welcome to the "gang". Don't believe we've met, but I know your awesomely talented wife. Tell her Rama said hi. Hope she's recovering well. Maybe EUC will help her with restrengthening, once it's time...Cheers! 

• Like 1

Saturday March 16th group ride at 10am starting at northeast corner of San Diego Zoo parking lot. We'll be going to Sunset Cliffs, San Diego river, and back through Presidio Park and Hillcrest.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2019 at 12:40 PM, Rama Douglas said:

Awesome! I love that wheel! I'm in LA, so I'm out, but welcome to the "gang". Don't believe we've met, but I know your awesomely talented wife. Tell her Rama said hi. Hope she's recovering well. Maybe EUC will help her with restrengthening, once it's time...Cheers! 

We're in LA occasionally so maybe I'll get to join in with a group ride at some point. Not sure she's going to want to get on an electric unicycle any time soon but I'm hoping she'll be up for scootering while I euc. I'll tell her you say hi. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve Bags said:

We're in LA occasionally so maybe I'll get to join in with a group ride at some point. Not sure she's going to want to get on an electric unicycle any time soon but I'm hoping she'll be up for scootering while I euc. I'll tell her you say hi. :)

Yeah. My wife has been loving her scooter. Hopefully she'll learn EUC too. Cheers!

Good ride today guys. The longest one we've done without charging. We also had the biggest turnout of 9 riders. 2 monsters, Inmotion V8, Ninebot Z10, KingSong 14S, 16S, and 18L/XL

Edited by Flyboy10
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks very much Flyboy for organizing it. That was my first group ride and it was a lot of fun. I had a recharge stop afterwards and a cold brew, then rode back home. If I was to make a suggestion for the next one it would be to stop halfway somewhere nice for a coffee. Just checked my app and it says I've done 180 miles now in the ten days since getting my V8 which feels pretty good.
Big thanks to everyone on the ride!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...