San Diego, CA

Joe

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey,  I'm in San Diego for the week (conference).

I've walked more than 20 km in the city & marinas,  I've seen a few segways (rentals) but no wheel despite the large number of cycle tracks... This city must be fantastic to ride, where are you wheelers? ;)

maguzo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
7 hours ago, Flyboy10 said:

I've got a kingsong 14d and I ride daily to work. I live in Golden Hill. We should get together

I’ve also got a 14D (and ACM2) and I’ll be moving to SD in a month or so, though I’m currently only about an hour away. Hopefully I’ll be able to meet up with other riders when I get there! I’d go to rides in SD if any end up happening. 

• 5 weeks later...

@Nick McCutcheon and @SanDiegoGuy, we should get together on a Saturday and ride or just get together and share tips, tricks, etc. It would be nice to try different wheels also. I'm not sure of any good riding places though.

Hey San Diego folks. I am new to the forum but have been riding for a couple years. Started on an E+ and recently moved to an 18L. I would be interested in joining a group ride. I live in the north county and typically go for 20-25 mile rides on the weekends. Let me know if there is interest and we can get something set up.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I am in Scripps Ranch, San Diego.  I am still learning how to ride on the Inmotion Glide 3 but I am getting better at it.  Maybe one day I can join you guys on a fun group ride.  Right now I am still not confident enough to ride on the bike lane next to ongoing cars yet.

@Flyboy10 let’s plan on getting together. We certainly can do shorter distances. I will be out of town the next two weekends. Perhaps we can shoot for Oct 20 or 21. @SanDiegoGuy no worries about dealing with roadway bike trails. We can cruise Balboa Park or putt around Mission Bay. We can mostly avoid cars with a little planning.

Edited by SDmike
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, SDmike said:

@Flyboy10 let’s plan on getting together. We certainly can do shorter distances.  I will be out of town the next two weekends. Perhaps we can shoot for Oct 20 or 21. @SanDiegoGuy no worries about dealing with roadway bike trails. We can cruise Balboa Park or putt around Mission Bay. We can mostly avoid cars with a little planning.

Sounds like fun! I’d be interested in going, so let me know if plans end up being confirmed. The only thing that would keep me from attending would be surprise midterms.. 

Great. Lets shoot for Oct 20. Sounds like we might be a little range limited so I would like to propose an easy cruise along Mission Bay with a loop around Fiesta Island. Looks to be around 10 scenic miles. We can meet at De Anza Cove Park and leave from there. https://goo.gl/maps/aJk7V3jXsqC2 If you have any other suggestions/routes I am open for alternatives. Will confirm exact time once it gets closer and I am back in town. If anybody joining us wants to go on a longer rider afterwards I will still have 25 miles left in the tank so we could do an extended journey.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ok fellow San Diego one wheelers, lets meet Saturday 10/20 at De Anza Cove Park (https://goo.gl/maps/aJk7V3jXsqC2) and plan on leaving around 9:00. I will be arriving around 8:45. We have several options available and can decide when we meet. Looking forward to it! So it looks like @gr8ps, @Flyboy10, @Nick McCutcheon, @SanDiegoGuy might be interested.

Saturday the 20th in the morning is tough for me because I have to take my kids to sporting events and piano lessons.  I am more free on Sunday morning (October 21).  However, do not worry about me.  There are others in the group that will have the fun group ride.  I may join the next meeting instead.

From looking at the recent posts, I think it should be planned for Saturday the 20th because a lot of people can do either Saturday or Sunday and Flyboy10 prefers Saturday.  I am still a newbie and still learning to ride so I will sit out for this time.  I am getting much better but do not have experience with riding in the street with cars yet.

So hope you guys have fun this Saturday and take some nice videos for us to see :-)

Edited by SanDiegoGuy