Motor noise and lack of torque when trying to increase speed

My good cheap generic EUC that I use for the firmware development, sometimes when I take it for a ride, the motor makes noise as if the power is being cut when I try to accelerate... I can balance on it but can't accelerate as the motor don't and starts making the noise... and if I try run over a small dump, I will fall.

I tried the connect well the motor phases and hall sensors... as I am always unconnecting them for the firmware development.

This happens the battery is fully charged or with middle charge.

I just can think on a bad circuit, for the current and/or over current but would be strange because the problem happens just sometimes, not always. The problem may disappear some hours or day later, without doing nothing.

Pretty sure the rotor is going out of sync with the rotating magnetic field. Because it lacks torque the rotor falls behind where the MCU assumes it will be. Usually electric motors are geared down to the point it's nearly impossible to stall and desync the motor in normal use.

On 4/13/2016 at 1:22 PM, lizardmech said:

Pretty sure the rotor is going out of sync with the rotating magnetic field. Because it lacks torque the rotor falls behind where the MCU assumes it will be. Usually electric motors are geared down to the point it's nearly impossible to stall and desync the motor in normal use.

Sorry but I didn't understand. Do you think is there anything I can do?

6 hours ago, electric_vehicle_lover said:

Sorry but I didn't understand. Do you think is there anything I can do?

All you can do is increase the strength of the magnetic field by increasing current, or reduce the needed torque by using reduction gearing. Direct drive EUCs are basically too close to the torque limit of their motors in many cases.

Archived