How do you stand your MCM4

I love the way my Ninebot can rest on the frame to self balance itself when you put it down, and the handle is easy to grab and lift when in that position....

It looks like the MCM4 either needs to lean on the wall or lay down on its side. Neither of which are acceptable for me.

1 minute ago, WakefulTraveller said:

I tightened up the pedals on my MCM3, and now they're on there just tight enough to hold the wheel up, almost like a kick stand. The same principle will probably apply to the MCM4.

Not really a space conscious solution, and no I'm not kidding, in NYC space is a commodity in all situations ;) but seriously, in a bodega line or something I put my nine bot down on the frame between my legs and it stands. Everytime I move forward I roll it forward and let go. I need the same type of solution.

A kickstand might be just what you're looking for, but have you considered just going with a retractable trolley like handle? There's one that I know of that's designed for the MCM4. You wouldn't need to bend over to move it and you could just lean the handle against an object or your side and not have to worry about it.

3 minutes ago, WakefulTraveller said:

A kickstand might be just what you're looking for, but have you considered just going with a retractable trolley like handle? There's one that I know of that's designed for the MCM4. You wouldn't need to bend over to move it and you could just lean the handle against an object or your side and not have to worry about it.

I was actually thinking something like fliping the trolley handle upside down and using a flat handle as a stand. Obviously just a rough thought right now. But I'm figuring I can deff use those bolts that screw the handle to the pedals to both make a stand and light mount....

• 2 months later...

Hi, I made very cheap stand for my MCM4, 0.99€. (actually 2 pieces). I had a IKEA trash can and I cut it in 2 pieces.

Bottom side seems to be better one and all dirt and water from the wheel stay in it.

And if you want to carry it with you, you can use it as a helmet ;)

20160706_154231[1].jpg

Screenshot_20160707-122205[1].png

19 minutes ago, Pasi said:

Hi, I made very cheap stand for my MCM4, 0.99€. (actually 2 pieces). I had a IKEA trash can and I cut it in 2 pieces.

Bottom side seems to be better one and all dirt and water from the wheel stay in it.

Sweet and ingenious! Guess my next wheel ride will be to IKEA :D

Archived