Jump to content

Shopping for Motopogo


henban89
 Share

Recommended Posts

I am thinking about getting one of the Motopogo, but the lack of any reviews or any actual hand-on videos have make me very skeptical about the product. Anyone else have any hand on experience about the Motogogo. How much does it cost for get part replace or is there even repair shop that can service the unicycle if needed? Even the web site has bare minimum details about the Motogogo with no FAQ nor additional details.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From the specs I saw it has a tiny motor, which means no hills unless if you are very lightweight. The cheapest I saw it was about $800 or $900 on Amazon, from a link somewhere on this forum, I would not recommend it for risk of faceplant that such a motor can create, the risk always exist but it is best to minimize it. The days of 500w motors is history now that gotway and king song are releasing each time better unicycles, even an airwheel is more powerful than motopogo at 800w, ks has a 1100w, and gotway 1500w, I am personally waiting for a 2000w rated motor or better unicicle to use offroad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am more reluctant to get other unicycles like Gotway or King Song which I have to maintain my own balance to ride it. The reason I want Motopogo is because I can sit on it like a bike. My other option will be Ryno but from the price I heard it will set me back at least $5000 and its top speed only 10 mph, I can get Xiaomi mini self balancing electric scooter that has top speed at 10 mph for about $600 on eBay. I might settle for $600 Xiaomi mini electric scooter.

Edited by henban89
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks nice. But a 500W motor with 60V 10A battery going up to 25km/h is not going to work - especially with this large wheel diameter.

Imho - for me with this specs its way too dangerous!

Edited by Chriull
Not 100% sure anymore about the possible wheel size implications -> Strikethrough
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, henban89 said:

I am thinking about getting one of the Motopogo, but the lack of any reviews or any actual hand-on videos have make me very skeptical about the product. Anyone else have any hand on experience about the Motogogo. How much does it cost for get part replace or is there even repair shop that can service the unicycle if needed? Even the web site has bare minimum details about the Motogogo with no FAQ nor additional details.

These are discussed in some detail in the thread below:

General conclusion was that the specs (given in the below thread) were way too low to be ridden safely. Worst, should the wheel fail to maintain balance in any situation  (which is more than possible with every wheel and a damn sight more likely if motor and/or battery power is inadequate) then with that handlebar you would be very very likely to lose all of your fingers, unless wearing fully armoured motorcycling gear.

Bottom line is they have all the disadvantages of Unicycles and absolutely none of the advantages, portability, easy storage, etc.

BTW, wheels like the KingSong-18 have seats available, my understanding is riders find balancing whilst seated a lot harder then standing up.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Keith said:

These are discussed in some detail in the thread below:

General conclusion was that the specs (given in the below thread) were way too low to be ridden safely. Worst, should the wheel fail to maintain balance in any situation  (which is more than possible with every wheel and a damn sight more likely if motor and/or battery power is inadequate) then with that handlebar you would be very very likely to lose all of your fingers, unless wearing fully armoured motorcycling gear.

Bottom line is they have all the disadvantages of Unicycles and absolutely none of the advantages, portability, easy storage, etc.

BTW, wheels like the KingSong-18 have seats available, my understanding is riders find balancing whilst seated a lot harder then standing up.

Exactly, balancing sitting down is harder on the ks18 than standing , so motopogo may not be easier to balance, except there is a handlebar to hold which may make it easier.

the main reason its harder to balance on ks18 when sitting is the seat position in relation to where your center of mass needs to be. You are sitting too much firward on it and cannot put feet flat on the pedals. Also hard to grasp the sides with your inner thighs and ankles. As a resukt one is balancing at a high leverage point above one point of contact of the tire with the pavement. However with practice one can get used to it.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The specs for the toxozers 7.0 look too good to be true most likely the numbers are inflated like it is common on the electric unicycle world, if those specs were real the $1500 price would be a very good price. But the 2000w motor most likely it is not, and the 22ah battery pack is most like half that value.

We will only know when someone evalutes the unit and does testing using numbers for the test instead of descriptions.

On a review:

Bad; the hills was steep

Good: the hill was 10 degrees

Bad: the motor felt powerfull 

Good: the motor draws 100Amps at its peak.

You get the point using numbers it is a lot better than descriptions on a review.

It would be great to have a set of benchmarks to test actual battery pack capacity, actual motor power, temperature motor and control board reaches under heavy loads.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/9/2016 at 8:41 AM, Keith said:

These are discussed in some detail in the thread below:

General conclusion was that the specs (given in the below thread) were way too low to be ridden safely. Worst, should the wheel fail to maintain balance in any situation  (which is more than possible with every wheel and a damn sight more likely if motor and/or battery power is inadequate) then with that handlebar you would be very very likely to lose all of your fingers, unless wearing fully armoured motorcycling gear.

Bottom line is they have all the disadvantages of Unicycles and absolutely none of the advantages, portability, easy storage, etc.

BTW, wheels like the KingSong-18 have seats available, my understanding is riders find balancing whilst seated a lot harder then standing up.

Its not too hard....like everything else just takes practice.  The Toxozers 7 looks interesting, but all that power/battery and only 25 km/hr top speed?

H

 

 

Edited by HJ
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 16/04/2016 at 2:13 AM, checho said:

The specs for the toxozers 7.0 look too good to be true most likely the numbers are inflated like it is common on the electric unicycle world, if those specs were real the $1500 price would be a very good price. But the 2000w motor most likely it is not, and the 22ah battery pack is most like half that value.

We will only know when someone evalutes the unit and does testing using numbers for the test instead of descriptions.

On a review:

Bad; the hills was steep

Good: the hill was 10 degrees

Bad: the motor felt powerfull 

Good: the motor draws 100Amps at its peak.

You get the point using numbers it is a lot better than descriptions on a review.

It would be great to have a set of benchmarks to test actual battery pack capacity, actual motor power, temperature motor and control board reaches under heavy loads.

Hi Checho, I agree that a benchmark would be good.

Please note that the 1500usd price is in China, a normal generic EUC costs 100usd in China. The motopogo costs 620usd, same as an IPS Xima Lhotz 340wh. So the price is high enough the have much better specs than normal EUCs.

Best Regards, Jean.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@henban89 I don't think that devices like Motopogo have a future. They are heavy, bulky and more difficult to drive compared to a EUC, furthermore you cannot take it with you anywhere (restaurant, supermarket, elevators, car, bus, metro and so on).  The only advantage is that you seat on it while riding.

Time ago I made a removable seat for my EUC. Yes, at first it was funny to ride when seated, but after some kilometers I preferred to go back to the original EUC riding way: much more pratical and easy to ride and carry. This afternoon I'll take some pics of my seat mod. and upload it. 

If you are in doubt, you could go for a classic EUC and after get a removable seat for it, you can do it yourself or find for sale.

Edited by Frankman
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree. It's not practical for anything other than for pure recreation. Got Way can make it, with real gusto if they want to,  but I guess the market would be limited as you all expressed. Assuming Got Way makes it real good with top notch specs, what would happen to already struggling Ryno? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Actually I think King Song 18 is properly the best I found what for I am looking for, while it is electric unicycle I have the option to ride either sitting down or standing up. Just side note, I emailed Motopogo about purchasing one, actually they are not allow to ship to the US most likely due to some regulation issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/20/2016 at 9:49 AM, Planetpapi said:

I agree. It's not practical for anything other than for pure recreation. Got Way can make it, with real gusto if they want to,  but I guess the market would be limited as you all expressed. Assuming Got Way makes it real good with top notch specs, what would happen to already struggling Ryno? 

The biggest reason Ryno is struggling is because of its ridiculously high price tag and the max. top speed at 10 mph is disappointing while a lot unicycle can go faster than Ryno and it only costs around $1000 vs. $5300. That assuming Got Way keep it at more reasonable price tag otherwise it will end up very much like Ryno.

Edited by henban89
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...

Hello

I have onde Motopogo. I like it very much. Its easy to ride, and very smooth... 

 

I put it music with portable sound columns and drive ate night.... its wonderfull

 

Carlos Bambino from Portugal.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have an Airwheel A3 I use for shopping etc, as I am partially disabled and can't walk for long. It's a life changer for people like me, but the 17kph max speed and lack of suspension for the wheels make it less suitable for travel/recreation. Price is currently lowest at 1700€.IMG_1541.thumb.JPG.a3131b81e58b534a4776962ebe6ab0c0.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...