EUC in airplane....without batteries

US69

Hy Folks,

has somebody of you carried a EUC from One Country to an other by plane WITHOUT Batterie?

is it allowed? Possible?

thank you for any experience!!!

I know of a couple case where people have done so, probably best to get a letter from the airline beforehand saying it's going to be ok. From what I understand, most airline policy today seems to be centered upon 1) UN 38.3 approved battery pack, 2) That the pack is removable, 3) that it can be safely stowed on carry-on, 4) must be below 160Wh. 

20 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

I know of a couple case where people have done so, probably best to get a letter from the airline beforehand saying it's going to be ok. From what I understand, most airline policy today seems to be centered upon 1) UN 38.3 approved battery pack, 2) That the pack is removable, 3) that it can be safely stowed on carry-on, 4) must be below 160Wh. 

Thats why is ask....

the Problem is coming from The Battery in General....i Hope!

without The Batterie it Are just some Electronics/emotor....but i don't want to throw it in a garbage can on Check in :-)

again: NO batterie i mean.....

any other ecperience, please???

Point is:

i am travelling to Asia in May....

price for EUC is ridiculous low ....Even if i throw The Batterie in a garbage can and get a new One here....

if i Even can get a "Price without Batterie"...a Little cheaper....than it would be stupid Not to bring One with me .....

Just an example:

Ks16 680 here: about 1500 Euro...

there: 750 euro

ks16 340 here; about 1200 Euro...

there: 650 Euro...

i have Seen an mcm2s 680 for 500 Euro also

anybody who would Not think about getting One ????

On 09.04.2016 at 10:57 PM, KingSong69 said:

Just an example:

Ks16 680 here: about 1500 Euro...

there: 750 euro

ks16 340 here; about 1200 Euro...

there: 650 Euro...

i have Seen an mcm2s 680 for 500 Euro also

anybody who would Not think about getting One ????

On 09.04.2016 at 10:57 PM, KingSong69 said:

Personally I think that the unicycle without the battery and flat tire is nothing special to declare, for the obvious reason, especially, if you put it in the big luggage securely packed. It shouldnt be more dangerous than a big modern musical amplifier without any power supply. I don't see any danger from such a gadgets - They wouldn't turn on, wouldn't catch the fire... Airport security wouldn't find batteries on the x ray, so no questions, I think. :)

Archived