Do you also find yourself waiting to buy an EUC?

I'm just waiting for a (updated) RS19 HS - where Begode has fixed a few small bugs, fitted a bigger battery, made sure it's waterproof, and then I'd be riding for another few years. But that wheel never comes, time moves on.  And what to do?   Extreme, Lynx,  ET-Max, Commander Pro GT... blah blah. And all those wheels have something that I don't need but which is now obviously an unavoidable extra feature to add to the experience of what you have to service,  and can ruin such a simple pleasure as going for a ride on a wheel;   Suspension. ridiculous half-thought-out solutions. Something that will never work perfectly on a vehicle with only one wheel..   I do not know what to do.:mellow:

Edited by Robse
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Robse said:

I do not know what to do.:mellow:

You buy a second hand EX.N and you waterproof it yourself. It will take two weeks, but it's somewhat possible. That's what I've done to EX and so far (3000km) I'm happy.

Same with the trolley handle. I have my own design that I like way better than everything else on the market. It's in two parts - the "handle" travels in my backpack.

padless.thumb.jpeg.afbf9f1c5c6c2630fcb77cdf6345c33f.jpeg

Sometimes you just have to do things by yourself.

Edited by atdlzpae
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, xiiijojjo said:

I truly don't feel complete without an EUC, it's as if I'm crippled without one, I'm bugging out and itching to ride over here but even so I still find myself waiting to pull the trigger on a modern EUC.

I can't quite put my finger on exactly what is playing the biggest role into me not just going ahead and buying an EUC. If I had to guess I'd say it's mostly a question of quality vs price.

I didn't mind paying 1000€ for an Msuper V3 or 1300€ for a Tesla V1, even 2000€ for a Gotway RSHS seemed like an acceptable deal, but we were getting close to the reasonable price limit of an EUC (for me at least)

Now in order to get a modern Gotway/Leaperkim we're looking at 4000+€, sure they have more performance and batteries and so of course price will reflect that fact.

And sure the quality wasn't all that good back then, and you get what you pay for.. The issue about quality for me in the current day that is keeping me away from buying an EUC is the fact that quality/longevity of the product has not doubled as the price has. 

I'm willing to pay 4000+€ for an EUC but it's gonna have to last me more than a couple of years. I think 10km per dollar is fair. I want the EUC to last me at least 40000km when it's that expensive... I don't know guys maybe I just want to have my cake and eat it too... It's just getting too expensive for me to keep paying to be an alpha tester.

One thing I have learned the hard way is that even if I treat my EUC like my little baby, drive it carefully as to not damage it, eventually something will happen and I'll need spare parts, something that is impossible to get a few years after purchasing your EUC from the likes of Gotway with their ridiculously huge and growing line-up. 
So one tip I'll give you guys that I intend on following through with on whichever EUC I get next is to buy at least 1x of all available spare parts (Essentially you buy your EUC + an Identical model without batteries, that you can use for spare parts)
but make sure to get a few extra parts for things more prone to breaking like the trolley handle (at least that was the case on older models)

I'll most likely end up buying from Leaperkim as they seem to be the only company left who cares about what this forum thinks about them, they also still provide parts for all their models as far as I'm aware.

For now I'm just collecting data about the Lynx and waiting to see what kind of issues inevitably rear their ugly heads.. I don't think they can get away with making EUC much more expensive than they currently are, so in the meantime I'm just waiting for the different EUC companies to start offering more for that 4000€, in turn forcing Leaperkim to offer more for the same price, because I currently don't feel like the Linx, being as good as it is, is even worth 4000€ brand new, so I'll either wait till I can get it for 3000€ new or until they release better EUC at the same price. 

How about you, do you find yourself waiting too?

I never buy Rev1

• Thanks 1

I'm not interested in any wheel on the market right now, so yes I'm waiting too. For me to buy a new wheel it needs to have the following:

• 22"+ tire
• Large battery (3 kWh+)
• Fork suspension
• Full water resistance
• Safety features such as proper BMS etc.

The V13 comes the closest but it uses a subpar type of suspension. The Lynx also comes close but the tire is too small. If InMotion releases an updated V13 with fork suspension, or LeaperKim releases a 22"+ version, I'd buy either one.

Begode is a garbage company as far as I'm concerned, who is just interested in churning out endless low quality junk as fast as possible, so I have no interest in their wheels. Of course Kingsong doesn't even participate in this category so they aren't an option.

Edited by InfiniteWheelie
  • Like 1

Curious that there are still categories of wheels not covered. One is what you are looking for and I am also waiting for one:

• good suspension
  • maximum 28 kg weight
  • minimum 60km range
  • minimum 45kph

all other aspects are free but even it seems to be fair with low requirements there is non a wheel such like it currently. S16 comes near but it is not there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Magovec said:

Curious that there are still categories of wheels not covered. One is what you are looking for and I am also waiting for one:

• good suspension
  • maximum 28 kg weight
  • minimum 60km range
  • minimum 45kph

all other aspects are free but even it seems to be fair with low requirements there is non a wheel such like it currently. S16 comes near but it is not there.

Magovec, I've got a very similar wishlist:

• 14- or 16-inch rim
  • 2.5" to 3.5" knobby
  • Progressive suspension
  • Waterproof (IPX-rated)
  • +/- 2000 Wh battery
  • < 70 lbs. (< 32 kg)
  • 70 km/h top speed (45 km/h cruising)
  • Smart BMS 

A mid-weight cruiser.  No high-speed racing (but plenty of headroom) and no big jumps (but maybe small ones).  An easy going, go-anywhere wheel that I can still carry up the stairs every day.  Safety and durability are the main factors for me.  Help me replace my V11 with something modern and one big notch up in performance; willing to pay top dollar when the right wheel comes along. 

On 6/15/2024 at 3:08 AM, Robse said:

I'm just waiting for a (updated) RS19 HS - where Begode has fixed a few small bugs, fitted a bigger battery, made sure it's waterproof, and then I'd be riding for another few years. But that wheel never comes, time moves on.

image.thumb.jpeg.dba7cd690767ac135b27595ab6ba6d2f.jpeg

• Like 1

Before euc's, I used to ride car replacement miles on a motorcycle. And so it is natural that I would like to continue this trend on an euc.

Unfortunately, I was finding deficiencies with the wheels that I own, compared to a motorcycle for my use-case. Aside from continually honing my skillset further, I would always be on the look out for new models that would hopefully be the wheel that would checked off more of the boxes. Of course, pricing is an important factor also. So I also wait for deals since new wheels can get drastically better, and become cheaper over time.

I have a V12, an Abrams, and an S22. Riding these three wheels for my use-case, really allow me to figure out what I like and not like about each wheel type. And I kept making improvements on each wheel to get it closer to how I would like each wheel to ride.

After some iterations of fine-tuning, and minor mods, by a surprising stroke of luck, my S22 is now a wheel that check all the boxes for my use-case. I have finally figured out how I like an euc to ride for my use-case.

All of a sudden, I am no longer feeling the strong necessity to buy a new wheel.

I am still interested in a new wheel, but it is no longer like before. My S22 fulfills what I need from an euc. So in order for a new wheel to interest me, it has to be at least as good as my S22 in almost all of the areas, and excel in a couple of important ones. And/or it has some striking features that is compelling to have.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/22/2024 at 7:56 AM, techyiam said:

I am still interested in a new wheel, but it is no longer like before. My S22 fulfills what I need from an euc. So in order for a new wheel to interest me, it has to be at least as good as my S22 in almost all of the areas, and excel in a couple of important ones. And/or it has some striking features that is compelling to have.

very well put techyiam;

retailers and videographers dont like hearing this, and its about time euc owners who are satisfied with their wheel(s) say so.  sure, it took some work to get your S22 to your liking but now it is.

ideally, for the euc consumer market,  i hope that euc manufacturers steer away from how fast their eucs can be ridden (oh yes, it makes for GREAT VIDEO  VIEWING,...yawn), and concentrate on quality build and design along with options that are available at any retailer;  not just from a select few.

kudos to you techyiam !!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1