Child's EUC/Hoverboard

MonsieurBadgerCheese

I would really like (as would he) my son to have an EUC. Sadly, as he is 6 years old, they seem to be be all too heavy for him.

I've recently bought two hoverboards for him. Each one lasted around 4 hours before it packed-in.

Is there such a thing as a reliable/safe hoverboard?

Thanks for any advice.

MBC:)

Here's one that has an 8" wheel.  I don't know if it's a quality one, but I've seen others buy the EYU.CO brand.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Smallest-8-One-Wheel-Self-Balancing-Electric-Scooter-Max-Speed-12KM-H-Super-Gift-Smart-Mini/32584398374.html

The kid in their video doesn't look much older than 7 or 8?

I've bought generic hoverboards from AliExpress, and they are still working fine.  They've taken their share of tumbles as well.  I'm not sure why yours are breaking down so easily.  Perhaps it's a charger issue?  I've bought both the Phunkeeduck generic type as well as the large wheel "off-road" version.

19 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Here's one that has an 8" wheel.  I don't know if it's a quality one, but I've seen others buy the EYU.CO brand.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Smallest-8-One-Wheel-Self-Balancing-Electric-Scooter-Max-Speed-12KM-H-Super-Gift-Smart-Mini/32584398374.html

Wow nice find.  Since Gotway discontinued their 10 and 8 inch line I've been hoping there were other substitutes.  Wonder if this is any good?

1 hour ago, John Eucist said:

Wow nice find.  Since Gotway discontinued their 10 and 8 inch line I've been hoping there were other substitutes.  Wonder if this is any good?

Here is an actual usage video:

41 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Such a small tire and a solid one at that!  I'd like to see how it handles sidewalk cracks and bumps.  I still have some wipeouts over little bumps at low speed I wonder how this one handles bumps on the ground.  Let us know what you find out!

It's a solid tire?  How do you know?  Sigh I hate those.

Oh I might be wrong, but the title on this photo says "Solid Tyre" although that could be mean that it's a sturdy tire?  Dunno.  I'm not quite sure what they mean by the "Grasping And Draining" part.  :huh:  Sounds a bit like what you do in the washroom if you're a dude who has to go pee pee.  If that photo GIF is correct, there's not a lot of room for a spinning air valve in there with the metal frame the way it is.  You might want to contact the company to verify what the tire is like.

20151014093844_75225.gif

J is 10 so a bit bigger that ur son.

He has both an EUC and a 'hoverboard'

His EUC is an Airwheel and hoverboard is a 'smart balance wheel, he has had his Smart balance wheel for a year with no issues.  

that small one looks like good fun,  wish I had found this group before we started our euc  journey!   Though J seems happy enough with the Airwheel for now.  Look forward to reading your review on it!

yes I did buy him a helmet but i had to take it back to the shop because it was too big!  They had to give me my money back as they didn't have another that would fit him, so we are on the look out for a new one. 

23 hours ago, MonsieurBadgerCheese said:

I couldn't find out much, other than what is on their own website. Having said that, I've taken a gamble and ordered one anyway. €284 delivered to France. I'll report back when it arrives.

MBC:)

With the small wheel be cautious over bumps.  If you watch the actual use video at 1:40 you'll see someone going down a slope and where he rides over the drop he almost loses his balance.  

So I found a shop today in Shenzhen that sells the EYU V8S so I gave it a try.  The tires are indeed the solid type with no air pump valve.  As a person who have good experience riding the GW Mten1 and Mten2 (10 inch) and tried the GW8 (8 inch) a few times I found it this EYU V8S (8 inch) very difficult to control  for smooth turns.  As a result, I decided not to buy it.  Not sure how those Thailand guys in the video do it.  I guess they're just better.  :D

I bought an IPS A130 for my 9 year old and it's perfect for him. 12" wheel, 132wh battery so it's not too heavy.  Goes up to 12mph or so before beeping.  He is all over the place on that thing, I recommend it highly. 

Thanks for the follow-up.  Was it just too light or the wheel too small making it harder to balance on?  How long did you ride it for?  Sometimes it's easy to make a quick impression before getting a true feel for the wheel.  I remember I had a heck of a time learning how to ride my generic 14", and I thought I would never be able to ride it.  But now I'm actually cruising around places pretty well.  Maybe it just needed more padding?  I find that my wheel feels 50% different when my pads are off.

1 hour ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Thanks for the follow-up.  Was it just too light or the wheel too small making it harder to balance on?  How long did you ride it for?  Sometimes it's easy to make a quick impression before getting a true feel for the wheel.  I remember I had a heck of a time learning how to ride my generic 14", and I thought I would never be able to ride it.  But now I'm actually cruising around places pretty well.  Maybe it just needed more padding?  I find that my wheel feels 50% different when my pads are off.

Well I do have plenty of experience on a Gotway 10 inch and tried the Gotway 8 inch a few times as well so it's not like I can't ride a "small wheel".  I think it's the shape of the solid tire making it hard for me to make smooth gradual turns.  I think twist turning on it (instead of leaning turns) would be far easier.  Yeah I only tested for 5 minutes indoor.  I'm sure with more practice I could probably ride it more comfortably like the Thailand guys in that video.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived