New battery

Jimbo

Try opening up the side panel to take a look at the battery and measure the size and see how much room you have in the compartment.  Check the type of connectors it uses.  Most use the yellow and the red right angle T one that I've seen.  

I'm in the same boat, and I've seen some replacement packs on AliExpress for around $100 or just under with about 132 Wh 2200 maH for a 16s pack.  My plan is to make an easy to open door with hinge and latch to easily swap batteries out as I don't have room for a larger capacity cell or to parallel thing together easily.  I figure my legs are usually tired after a 5 km roll so a short battery swap break likely is good for the circulation.  If I carry a few extra packs in a backpack, I can extend that range as much as I like without needing to house the extra battery inside the case.  If you have some soldering skills you can move the connectors into the battey side for easy access.

For helping battery life, try not to drain the cell completely.  I give mine a rest before charging.  I know with LiPo batteries after a flight that it is best to let them cool down before charging back up.  I don't know if the same applies to lithium ion cells though.

If you are in Europe you can  use

Radwerkstatt, they  build batteries with LG 3500 mah cells.

I don't know of who doesn something similiar in the US, maybe there is someone who can offer this.

My ninebot hasn't conked out or misbehaved since getting one, but I don't know for sure if that is that the only reason

Obviously they will need to know dimensions  and space availibility...

As far as I am concerned they are on the money for service, quality etc

Jer

https://www.facebook.com/1radwerkstatt

1 hour ago, jer said:

If you are in Europe you can  use

Radwerkstatt, they  build batteries with LG 3500 mah cells.

I don't know of who doesn something similiar in the US, maybe there is someone who can offer this.

My ninebot hasn't conked out or misbehaved since getting one, but I don't know for sure if that is that the only reason

Obviously they will need to know dimensions  and space availibility...

As far as I am concerned they are on the money for service, quality etc

Jer

https://www.facebook.com/1radwerkstatt

Their Service is fantastic, they know what they are doing  and their Prices are fair!

If you Need a 16S2P pack you can choose between 340wh and 414wh...

16S Pack they do 207wh!

45 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Their Service is fantastic, they know what they are doing  and their Prices are fair!

If you Need a 16S2P pack you can choose between 340wh and 414wh...

16S Pack they do 207wh!

Agreed,  they are also making a serious contribution to the  safety of these devices.

Jer

Archived