TG T3 aka Muzeli Electric Unicycle - Side panel issue

So, I really should have taken pictures but I did a repair. I got a TG T3 aka Muzeli Electric Unicycle, which I know is an OEM model that many people end up with here. You know this one:

muzeli3.jpg

The rubber red side pad covers a white plastic panel, that is screwed into place with a bunch of tiny screws. Basically all the screw holes were worn huge on the used one I got, and the whole panel and cushion assembly was held together with caulk. I'm just learning, so when I dropped it the battery was dangling by the wire! This happened a few times.

So I knew I had to attach the panel better. I tried just glue, which lasted about a day, then the battery was swinging scary again.

So I took the panel off, cleaned all the glue off real good with my pocketknife, and cleaned the screw holes. Then I found some larger screws (too large) applied glue and then hand tightened the screws right into the plastic. Feels solid man.

microunicycle-repair1.jpg

I put a bunch of glue on the white panel and slapped the red cushion back on. Put some weight on there; let it cure 24 hours.

Too much glue. Talk about a sticky ankle...

So less glue and some more curing time now; my fingers are crossed. But I think this time around I'm getting out the tape too. Any suggestions on a better way to make the cushion stick?

The screw heads are out a little too far and they make the red rubber cushion a little lumpy. I'll need to change it, because this one is to give lessons on and people will bump their ankles too much. I'd dremel the screw heads down but I guess I should be able to open the thing later eh

Might just add extra cushion on top

I'd just remove the red silicone and directly double side tape some thin yoga mat type of material on the white plastic lid.  Put the double sided tape on the parts that are NOT where the screws are so that you can still access them by gently bending the "yoga mat" pads.  They feel more comfortable than the silicone.  Also, double sided tapes don't stick to the red silicone material.

Archived