My Falcon Trials, Tribulations, and Triumphs

This might be the first Begode/Gotway that I will own and first that really interests me. My Lynx is just too heavy for anything else than long rides. Previously my big wheel was also just small and light enough to pass as commuting or practical wheel. I really like this combination of (relatively) light weight and suspension. Looking forward to your next video on it!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, techyiam said:

How was your S22 in comparison? 

Heavy, but manageable. Without pads and with air shock it was less than 35 kg. Also smaller footprint. Lifting it into my trunk was much easier than Lynx. I also notice the weight increase when riding but that’s not a big issue. I regularly carried my S22 up ten steps to my porch but with Lynx I was motivated to build a ramp. 

• Thanks 1

I'm also thinking about getting it.. If it will be available worldwide.

Don't really like that handle and charge port/button placement, but other than that it's perfect. (Ideally charge port/buttons would be on top of a wheel, for easy/fast access.  But that removable cover would have dangling wires connected, so i see why they are at bottom..)

I do wonder how easy is to plug the charger in.. Especially not seeing the port, or where one is plugin it in.. Or are you gonna bend down under to see where you gonna plug it in? :D 

If i can't live with the button placement.. I'm thinking of making aftermarket handle with built in power/lift switch. All one need is 2 waterproof buttons with extended wires run to original buttons or to motherboard. Easy to install.

Or simply removing those two buttons from bellow and drilling and installing them at top cover. :D Silicone original holes shut.

17 minutes ago, Funky said:

I'm also thinking about getting it.. If it will be available worldwide.

Don't really like that handle and charge port/button placement, but other than that it's perfect. (Ideally charge port/buttons would be on top of a wheel, for easy/fast access.  But that removable cover would have dangling wires connected, so i see why they are at bottom..)

I do wonder how easy is to plug the charger in.. Especially not seeing the port, or where one is plugin it in.. Or are you gonna bend down under to see where you gonna plug it in? :D 

If i can't live with the button placement.. I'm thinking of making aftermarket handle with built in power/lift switch. All one need is 2 waterproof buttons with extended wires run to original buttons or to motherboard. Easy to install.

Or simply removing those two buttons from bellow and drilling and installing them at top cover. :D Silicone original holes shut.

Very easy to plug in the charger. And I actually like the trolley handle on this wheels. Just works and is comfortable (unless you are much taller than 6-ft / 183-cm)

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Very easy to plug in the charger. And I actually like the trolley handle on this wheels. Just works and is comfortable (unless you are much taller than 6-ft / 183-cm)

That's good to hear. :)

Carrying part is more important to me than trolley.. (I need to lift/put down the wheel many times over short distances.) Going in wheel well to double tap that button is meh.. Where having the button right next to handle would be much more preferred. Like A2 button. Same for centered handle, which is much better for those short distance lifts.

I do wonder how easy is to lift it by one hand at front bar and then place it down.. Compared to having a centered handle, where wheel is already in balanced position..

I have no experience with side mounted handle.. So i have no idea. :D I imagine that rebalancing takes more effort, than having centered handle?

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Funky said:

That's good to hear. :)

Carrying part is more important to me than trolley.. (I need to lift/put down the wheel many times over short distances.) Going in wheel well to double tap that button is meh.. Where having the button right next to handle would be much more preferred. Like A2 button. Same for centered handle, which is much better for those short distance lifts.

I do wonder how easy is to lift it by one hand at front bar and then place it down.. Compared to having a centered handle, where wheel is already in balanced position..

I have no experience with side mounted handle.. So i have no idea. :D I imagine that rebalancing takes more effort, than having centered handle?

The lift button location becomes second nature. Yeah, the loose of the center mounted carrying handles certainly makes it more difficult to carry with one hand. It's doable with the Falcon but not ergonomic in any way. But with two hands, lifting is very comfortable and the wheel feels LIGHT.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

The lift button location becomes second nature. Yeah, the loose of the center mounted carrying handles certainly makes it more difficult to carry with one hand. It's doable with the Falcon but not ergonomic in any way. But with two hands, lifting is very comfortable and the wheel feels LIGHT.

Yeah, two hands.. I'm used to use one hand. Mostly because i need second hand free to open doors or what not while carrying. :D (And no.. I can't simply trolley the wheel.)

If one wants to use both hands = more lifting force = can get any of bigger euc's. In my mind smaller/lighter wheels should be operated by one hand, but that's me..

Hopefully Falcon will be sold worldwide, then i will see it in person at store, try carrying, etc.. Luckily Falcon has many screw holes, where one can easily add aftermarket handle.

Edited by Funky

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Funky said:

Yeah, two hands.. I'm used to use one hand. Mostly because i need second hand free to open doors or what not while carrying. :D (And no.. I can't simply trolley the wheel.)

If one wants to use both hands = more lifting force = can get any of bigger euc's. In my mind smaller/lighter wheels should be operated by one hand, but that's me..

Hopefully Falcon will be sold worldwide, then i will see it in person at store, try carrying, etc.. Luckily Falcon has many screw holes, where one can easily add aftermarket handle.

It's available worldwide

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1

@Marty Backe Thanks for the new first impression video. Looking forward to your riding vid. This is a great looking commuter wheel. Keep the content coming! ❤️

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Were you able to overcome the wobbles over 15mph?
I just preordered a Falcon for the wife, and it would be dreadful if there was a fundamental design flaw that would be the cause of the wobbles. 
Tell me it's not so @Marty Backe

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Jayzao said:

I just preordered a Falcon for the wife, and it would be dreadful if there was a fundamental design flaw that would be the cause of the wobbles. 

@Marty Backe what animal at 9:44 ?    (sorry wrong comment quote ;-) )

Edited by Robse

Does anyone know if the Falcon will come standard with a tubeless tire?
EUCs need to go tubeless. Tubes are no good.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Jayzao said:

Does anyone know if the Falcon will come standard with a tubeless tire?
EUCs need to go tubeless. Tubes are no good.

It already has tubeless tire/rim setup.. By look of the valve you can already tell. 

Doh tubeless don't leak air over time? Or have no danger of coming off rim at hard bump? (I never have had tubeless - so i'm kinda scared.. I even was ready to install tube, just in case.)

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Funky said:

It already has tubeless tire/rim setup.. By look of the valve you can already tell. 

Doh tubeless don't leak air over time? Or have no danger of coming off rim at hard bump? (I never have had tubeless - so i'm kinda scared.. I even was ready to install tube, just in case.)

They are easier to plug and reinflate on the fly, whereas tubes require unmounting the wheel.
Unless you smash something big enough to unseat the tire, which would mash your rim, you'll rarely be walking your EUC back home.
Car tires have used this approach for a couple of decades now.
I think it's the best option for all PEVs where the wheel is difficult to dismount.
image.png.e5177a66d27f94c53eabfb6a2836c9ad.png

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Jayzao said:

They are easier to plug and reinflate on the fly, whereas tubes require unmounting the wheel.
Unless you smash something big enough to unseat the tire, which would mash your rim, you'll rarely be walking your EUC back home.
Car tires have used this approach for a couple of decades now.
I think it's the best option for all PEVs where the wheel is difficult to dismount.
image.png.e5177a66d27f94c53eabfb6a2836c9ad.png

I imagine tire slime works also way better on tubeless tire vs on thin tube.. Doh winter/summer tire change will be messy ordeal. :D 

32 minutes ago, Funky said:

I imagine tire slime works also way better on tubeless tire vs on thin tube.. Doh winter/summer tire change will be messy ordeal. :D 

Exactly, or Stan's No Tubes, or Armor-Dilloz.
I am going to use Armor-Dilloz in my setup. I am just awaiting the shipment.

On 6/5/2024 at 1:15 PM, Jayzao said:

There's nothing intrinsically wrong with the wheel. I'm having wobble issues because of the crappy pads for MY body. I'm still making the new side fairings that will allow me to use my own pads. 

• Like 2