KS16 vs KS14 800W comparison (question)

John Eucist

So how does it compare in terms of ride feel and performance?  I heard it's a "lot stiffer" but can the stiffness be adjusted by the app?  Has anyone taken it to at least 30 km/h safely?  Can the tilt-back be set around 30 km/h?  Also, how is the built in trolley?  Does it work well in the collapsed position for carrying it off the ground?  Are the bluetooth music speakers the same as the 14 or is it better?

I heard it's a "lot stiffer" but can the stiffness be adjusted by the app? 

Yes it can... I have only used the old KS app as their iOS version is not available yet..  you have the same options as with KS14c

Has anyone taken it to at least 30 km/h safely? 

Yes, I have... It's really stable and feels reliable...  

Can the tilt-back be set around 30 km/h? 

Yes, I use

Alarm 1: 25km/h
Alarm II: 28km/h

Alarm III: 30km/h
Rocker/tiltback: 30km/h

Also, how is the built in trolley? 

It's solid and has a good feel..

Does it work well in the collapsed position for carrying it off the ground? 

no issues lifting the wheel when it's locked in...(you can see on the video below 2:55)

Are the bluetooth music speakers the same as the 14 or is it better?

Bluetooth is excellent and a lot easier compared to KS14... Sound is nice.. I uploaded a video a fews days ago with the speakers enabled...

KS16 Speaker volumen video

The computer voice is a bit crazy and loud... I will be possible to disable with the new app, but not with the current one... 

To get to the fan, you need to take the wheel apart, as there are not outer screes... Haven't had the need for the yet, but would assume screws are available below the LED's

On 8 апреля 2016 г. at 3:56 PM, Henrik Olsen said:

@Blunzn sorry I did not see your post, yes it's 16x2.125

Speaker shootout KS14c vs KS16

Thanks for the video, not sure why you ran different music thru the 2 wheels . For comparison, would be great to hear the same recording at the same volume level.  Thanks!

46 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Thanks for the video, not sure why you ran different music thru the 2 wheels . For comparison, would be great to hear the same recording at the same volume level.  Thanks!

My thoughts exactly.  Also it's kind of hard to judge from a video as the mic may auto boost depending on level of sound from the environment.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived