Which Leaperkim wheels are due for 2025?

Posted (edited)

Anyone has a reasonable intel what LeaperKim is cooking for late 2024 and 2025? Any hints of what they plan to realease after the Lynx? Of course nothing solid is known but perhaps at least a type of wheel?

Edited by Magovec

• Magovec changed the title to Which Leaperkim wheels are due for 2025?
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2024 at 8:25 PM, Magovec said:

Anyone has a reasonable intel what LeaperKim is cooking for late 2024 and 2025? Any hints of what they plan to realease after the Lynx? Of course nothing solid is known but perhaps at least a type of wheel?

There is another post discussing new design of Sherman S with 151V system. Maybe this is the new wheel to be announced this year. What do you think? 

Yeah my guess is it will almost certainly be a Sherman S with higher voltage and likely more power and higher topspeed. The guys at Veteran clearly arent chasing records but they also cant afford to be seen as being so far behind technologically. 

19 hours ago, mhpr262 said:

Yeah my guess is it will almost certainly be a Sherman S with higher voltage and likely more power and higher topspeed. The guys at Veteran clearly arent chasing records but they also cant afford to be seen as being so far behind technologically. 

i'm up for a bigger more powerful wheel to replace my ShermanMax. i mostly ride the Patton because of the suspension, but I keep the speed mostly around 37mph. A bigger more powerful Sherman S is what I would be looking for as my go-to street wheel.

6 hours ago, Tan Ho said:

A bigger more powerful Sherman S

Bigger and more powerful always means heavier, too. I think 100lbs is pretty much the upper limit for most people when it comes to how much wheel they are willing to deal with on a daily basis. I know the 105lbs of my EX20HT are more than enough for me, and I am a long legged 6'3'', 265lbs guy. If I wasnt so much into long distance riding and if I didnt hate charging stops en route so much I would be riding something smaller for sure.

9 hours ago, mhpr262 said:

Bigger and more powerful always means heavier, too

Absolutely not. Patton is 16 inches, 40kg/88lbs, and has only a 2200Wh battery, while Lynx is 20 inches, with a 2700WH battery and the same 40kg/88lbs weight as Patton. Leaperkim is capable of producing big wheels with low weight. 

On 6/25/2024 at 7:23 PM, YCC said:

There is another post discussing new design of Sherman S with 151V system. Maybe this is the new wheel to be announced this year. What do you think? 

Hehe that's my post, I'm still waiting for their high voltage long range wheel while riding the piss out of my Patton. Nothing concrete from what I can see. But they are certainly cooking something with how much of a hit the Lynx has been.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/27/2024 at 11:45 PM, Merkyu Kyu Kyu said:

Absolutely not. Patton is 16 inches, 40kg/88lbs, and has only a 2200Wh battery, while Lynx is 20 inches, with a 2700WH battery and the same 40kg/88lbs weight as Patton. Leaperkim is capable of producing big wheels with low weight. 

That's what happens when the engineers care about the entire package rather than the biggest numbers.

• Like 3

On 6/27/2024 at 11:45 PM, Merkyu Kyu Kyu said:

Any chance of a lighter Patton using the same weight-saving construction techniques found on the Lynx? I don't know if this is realistic, but it would be amazing if they could produce a <80lbs 16lb wheel with power/speed comparable to a Patton. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

All eyes are on Leaperkim that much is sure, if they release something as popular or more popular than the Lynx next, the other companies are gonna have to really improve to not lose too much market share in the performance/racing/Msuper jack of all trades -bracket of EUC.

I personally don't think a 151V Sherman S move would be a good financial move in a market where 168V already exists. The Sherman platform has absolutely been their bread and butter, it's their Msuper platform essentially. I expect to see something from their Sherman platform but I don't think it'll be anything too similar to the Sherman S, and if it is it'll be in the same way the Lynx is similar to the Patton (same weight, but bigger and better and all other stats) 

I expect Gotway are already working on a wheel with a higher voltage than 168V, and considering in the past they did 16.8V increments (67.2V->84V->100.8V) and recently 33.6V increments (100.8V->134.4V->168V) logically we should get a 201.6V EUC from Gotway next but if they go back to 16.8V increments we're down to 184.8V

So I don't imagine Leaperkim's next Sherman will be under 168V, but it also may not be more than 168V.  Someone like Leaperkim would probably not jump from 151.2V -> 201.6V, considering they went for 151.2V rather than 168V, so I could imagine we'd gonna see 184.8V from Leaperkim, but 201.6V from Gotway, needing that voltage crown so their sense of ego doesn't completely dissolve.

I can glimpse an interesting chapter of EUC on the horizon.

• Either we'll see someone like Leaperkim stepping up and further optimizing weight/performance ratio
  • Or we'll see a new, much desired feature that completely changes what "EUC" means like how suspension recently became a standard, we may see something like smart BMS (or some other feature) becoming an industry standard further distancing EUC from the stereotype of being a cheaply made toy, prone to spontaneous fires. 
  • Personally I hope the focus of the next generation of EUC will be quality, and longevity of vehicle/parts lifespan, because currently one of the biggest issues with EUC is the price/quality ratio, and how you feel abandoned as a consumer trying to get spare parts for your expensive investment, years down the line (Leaperkim thankfully provide parts for all models, as of writing)
  • I already sense the speed race calming down, but we could see a race to break the 100 mph, just because... I doubt it though. If anyone, Gotway will probably go for it

Leaperkim is shaping up to be the only company with a flawless line-up... We can all agree the Abrams was just a product of the Mandela effect, it never really existed, we all just remembered it wrong. 

Edited by xiiijojjo
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, xiiijojjo said:

I can glimpse an interesting chapter of EUC on the horizon.

• Either we'll see someone like Leaperkim stepping up and further optimizing weight/performance ratio
  • Or we'll see a new, much desired feature that completely changes what "EUC" means like how suspension recently became a standard, we may see something like smart BMS (or some other feature) becoming an industry standard further distancing EUC from the stereotype of being a cheaply made toy, prone to spontaneous fires. 
  • Personally I hope the focus of the next generation of EUC will be quality, and longevity of vehicle/parts lifespan, because currently one of the biggest issues with EUC is the price/quality ratio, and how you feel abandoned as a consumer trying to get spare parts for your expensive investment, years down the line (Leaperkim thankfully provide parts for all models, as of writing)
  • I already sense the speed race calming down, but we could see a race to break the 100 mph, just because... I doubt it though. If anyone, Gotway will probably go for it

Leaperkim is shaping up to be the only company with a flawless line-up... We can all agree the Abrams was just a product of the Mandela effect, it never really existed, we all just remembered it wrong. 

Smart BMS is likely here to stay on LK wheels. It's not a huge thing compared to suspension, but more safety is always good.

Not sure what they are cooking but I hope its a long range one for a change. They do have their own issues though, the Lynx wasn't a perfect launch either. Issues with strange cut offs (probably cause of the button being stuck) and the issues with the front light. I guess there were some issues with the motors as well at launch. Some of these are worked out, but I still hear people complaining about the headlight and calibration.

And it's not really fun when there is a decent chance that your wheel just stops balancing out of nowhere. I guess the Lynx is fine right now and has no big issues, but it definitely wasn't a perfect launch. But I guess they never are, which is why people are advised to wait for later batches where the issues are most likely fixed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Anthraksi said:

Smart BMS is likely here to stay on LK wheels. It's not a huge thing compared to suspension, but more safety is always good.

Not sure what they are cooking but I hope its a long range one for a change. They do have their own issues though, the Lynx wasn't a perfect launch either. Issues with strange cut offs (probably cause of the button being stuck) and the issues with the front light. I guess there were some issues with the motors as well at launch. Some of these are worked out, but I still hear people complaining about the headlight and calibration.

And it's not really fun when there is a decent chance that your wheel just stops balancing out of nowhere. I guess the Lynx is fine right now and has no big issues, but it definitely wasn't a perfect launch. But I guess they never are, which is why people are advised to wait for later batches where the issues are most likely fixed.

i'm waiting for a long distance LK wheel too. if it's similar to when the Patton and Lynx were announced, I expect we won't get an announcement until around Oct/Nov timeframe.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Patience, it's really close, promise :D

woohoo!! when i bought the Patton last year from eWheels, the Lynx was announced like 2wks later!  :lol:  i figured i'll be patient now for the next LK wheel!  :D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Patience, it's really close, promise :D

I literally just put the ET max in my cart...for the 3rd time. Back out it goes lol waiting for my Pattons big brother 

1 hour ago, Merkyu Kyu Kyu said:

According to the telegram groups, the next Leaperkim wheel will be called Veteran Sherman L

I wonder What the L abbreviation means. 

Hard to say. Large? Lightweight? Levitating?

Either way, can't wait to see what it's all about. Hopefully it offers 134v+ and over 3600wh, but weight is a concern obviously. If they stay at 151v, it's most likely 6p which would come out as 3888wh. Or if they choose to bump it up to 168v and go with 6p, its 4320wh. But I doubt the 168v is really a realistic expectation, it would end up being 240 cells. 151v one would be 216 cells which would be more reasonable.

But should they manage to hit +134v and +3600wh and keep it around the same weight as the Sherman S, I'm gonna have a hard time not convincing myself to buy one.

Posted (edited)

I wonder if it will be a Sherman-S with 151V and 3330Wh or 4000Wh. 168V?

I don't think they'd release a wheel without suspension, and if it's called Sherman, what else might it be? Maybe L stands for "large" and it will have a bigger tire, so Abrams-S but they don't want to use the Abrams name?

Edited by meepmeepmayer

8 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I wonder if it will be a Sherman-S with 151V and 3330Wh or 4000Wh. 168V?

I don't think they'd release a wheel without suspension, and if it's called Sherman, what else might it be? Maybe L stands for "large" and it will have a bigger tire, so Abrams-S but they don't want to use the Abrams name?

If it's 3330Wh it's gonna be a slight disappointment for me at least. Sure it would probably be lighter than the S and end up with similar range if ridden conservatively (especially since the S is not 3600wh, it's 3456wh to be accurate)

4000wh (3888wh to be accurate but they will 100% round it up if it ends up being that) imo seems doable. It would be 151v and 6p (216 cells) so not a lot more than the Sherman S currently is. They managed to make the Lynx the same weight as the Patton with more cells and more everything, so I have no doubts they would be able to squeeze that setup into the Sherman S weight range or even below if needed.

But then there is the price. I think that would be pushing or even breaking the 5k$ mark and that point I would really be asking myself if it's reasonable any more. With that price point the wheel should have to be absolutely flawless and last for +5 years without any major maintenance.

It is possible that "L" stands for "Long Range" (3600+), considering that Sherman wheels are renowned for their substantial battery capacity and impressive range. It is unlikely that they would introduce a model with a battery capacity of less than 3600Wh.