Very unhappy with FIRSTWHEEL - Estonian unicycle vendor

Cloud

I happened to travel to Estonia a couple of weeks ago and found myself in Tallinn . Since i cant live without a wheel any more, first thing i did was search for a unicycle vendor who might be able to rent me a wheel for a few days. FIRSTWHEEL is just about the only euc seller in Tallinn, they also rent wheels out. I contacted them and they said they have a Solowheel Classic that i can rent for 60 euros for 3 days. 

Since i didnt remember the battery size in Solowheel classic i asked them. They said they didnt rememember but its good for 2 hrs of riding. I said, well, it doesnt work like that. Depends on the speed and rider's weight. I am 100kg. The guy on the phone said, i am a 100kg too, it doesnt matter, you can ride 20kph is the top speed and insisted i will be able to ride for 2 hrs. 

Ok fine, so we met , he was polite, we signed the agreement and he gave me an old beaten up Solowheel. Interesting that per the agreement if i broke the wheel to the point of no repair, id have to pay them $1500, or 1500 euros, i dont remember which. Anyway, small pedals, very soft wheel that felt like it would throw me off if i leaned a bit more, kinda slow, but anyway this is beside the point, 30 minutes and the battery ran out- i had to carry the wheel for half a mile or more. Recharged and tried again - same thing. Then i looked up the battery size online - it appears to be around 200wh. Indeed, how can it last for 2 hours carrying 100kg at 20kph ?

needless to say, it was impossible to use the wheel for tourist purposes - it was totally useless for me. I called the guy up , said i cant use it, and if he had told me the truth, id never have rented it - he didnt want to give me the money back. Then came over in 2 days, gave me back 10 euros ( so he basically charged me 50 euros ( their cost for 2 days)), said some kind of bs that its not his personal wheel and he doesnt have to know how long the battery lasts and he doesnt know how i used it, and it lasts a long time with others, or something like that, he basically just ranted and didnt really let me talk, said he is sorry that i am unhappy.

Well if someone is truly sorry, maybe they shouldnt take advantage of you. Obviously Firstwheel dont care much about their reputation,

so this is my story!

Hey @Cloud, I understand your frustration. I think your EUC passion have blinded your common sense of separating the honest one and not so dealer.

Going in east Europe country, you should be aware also that some dealers (but not less some clients also)  features as loyalty and integrity have different perspectives.

This particular dealer has seen you as a rich and dumb American and even the fact that you've demonstrated technical understandings...sorry to say but you acted as such and agreed to rent the wheel.

The good news is that the wheel didn't break while in your possession , 1500$ is an impudent price to ask for an old battery depleted Solowheel. The situation could have developed really nasty.

13 minutes ago, DS said:

Hey @Cloud, I understand your frustration. I think your EUC passion have blinded your common sense of separating the honest one and not so dealer.

Going in east Europe country, you should be aware also that some dealers (but not less some clients also)  features as loyalty and integrity have different perspectives.

This particular dealer has seen you as a rich and dumb American and even the fact that you've demonstrated technical understandings...sorry to say but you acted as such and agreed to rent the wheel.

The good news is that the wheel didn't break while in your possession , 1500$ is an impudent price to ask for an old battery depleted Solowheel. The situation could have developed really nasty.

Thanks DS, you are basically right. They didnt think i am a dumb american though, as i spoke russian to them when we first talked and since i entered Estonia from Russia, this is what they thought me to be. For that matter, they probably didnt care much since i wasn't local anyway and was just passing through. You are right, my common sense got totally blinded, and as i didnt know the battery size i thought that if they are saying 2 hours, i can squeeze at least an hour out of it.

totally agree, the good news the wheel didnt break - paying them $1500 woukd have been a terrible outcome - i wouldnt buy that wheel for as little as $100, in fact i wouldnt keep it for free.

8 minutes ago, Cloud said:

as i spoke russian to them

well, I didn't know that you are multilingual...you are exceptional...you know there is a joke about that :D

3 minutes ago, DS said:

well, I didn't know that you are multilingual...you are exceptional...you know there is a joke about that :D

Well, i lived in russia for 25 years, so yes i am .  What the joke? Something tells me i shouldnt have asked :)

Here is it:

"How do you call a person who speaks many languages - multilingual"

"How do you call a person who speaks only one language - an American"

"How do you call a person who speaks no language - a Marine (only Oorahh, Oorah)"

...and the funny part is that I was told that joke from a Marine during my training in US :D

2 minutes ago, DS said:

Here is it:

"How do you call a person who speaks many languages - multilingual"

"How do you call a person who speaks only one language - an American"

"How do you call a person who speaks no language - a Marine (only Oorahh, Oorah)"

...and the funny part is that I was told that joke from a Marine during my training in US :D

Well, i think that after my Estonian experience I can be considered a full fledged Marine.

2 minutes ago, Cloud said:

I can be considered a full fledged Marine.

noooooooo, no way :D

It's just that unexplainable EUC passion :)

2 hours ago, Cloud said:

I am 100kg.

?!?!...still :(

11 minutes ago, DS said:

noooooooo, no way :D

It's just that unexplainable EUC passion :)

?!?!...still :(

Well...i was wearing clothes in Estonia , it adds to the weigt.

also, i was on vacation. And when im on vacation all bets are off :) had to gain some of what i had lost :) so now starting to lose again:) this morning i was 97.5 :) 

Archived