KS18 Seat Comfort Level for 5ft 8inch Person

OneWheel

I have a ninebot 16 inch already would gladly trade it in for ks16 inch, however ks18 inch with the seat is interesting. Anyone use the KS18 inch seat? What is your opinion on KS18 Seat for 5ft 8inch person? Is it comfortable for long ride?

Thanks,

Hi, I'm exactly 5'8", and I ride my KS – 18 exclusively in the sitting position.  For me, that was the "deal maker" when deciding to buy this euc.  I took the seat pad, and modified it to make it into more of a cushion. I love sitting, because it's easier on my legs and back, and, if in the event of a fall, which I have once, I think it's actually safer because you're much closer to the ground. I always ride sitting, and love my KS – 18!

image.jpeg

9 hours ago, OneWheel said:

I have a ninebot 16 inch already would gladly trade it in for ks16 inch, however ks18 inch with the seat is interesting. Anyone use the KS18 inch seat? What is your opinion on KS18 Seat for 5ft 8inch person? Is it comfortable for long ride?

Thanks,

I recently rode ks18 for a week. I am 5'-9" . For me tombe in the sitting position was very uncomfortable. When you sit on it your legs are so much forward that you are touching the pedals with your toes only - you cant really put your feet flat on the pedals. Balancing was much mire difficult because you cant really hold the plastic casing with your legs any more, so basically you have to balance your body on the seat above one point of contact of the tyre with the ground. You have a huge lever - it was tough. However i think one can get used to it, but for me standing on it was a 100 times easier.

I do agree that initially standing is easier.   I rode a unicycle in the classic way as a child, so I guess sitting comes natural to me.   But I do think it's easier on the back and legs, safer, and oh so fun .

H

• 1 year later...

Yes, I love sitting down when my legs feel numb or tired. It's something to get used to manipulating the wheel using the balls of your feet, buttock and body positioning. It would be hard to place your feet flat on the pedals unless the positioning between your sitting down and the pedal is like someone sitting on a chair.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived