Lynx - Balance/Calibration issue

I've got this new Lynx 66lbs 50s, probably one of the latest batches. I've clocked 300+ kms on it and I detect some internal issue with the overall calibration of the wheel.

I always felt something odd about it, it felt like the pedals were moving a bit @100% pedal hardness and it felt like the horizontal angle was slowly changing mid-ride. This has been happening a lot and I it forces me to stop from time to time to adjust the horizontal angle cuz it always seems off and not flat like I had previously set it. It got to the point where I would start my rides at 0º and 1 hour after (after many stops and re-adjustments) I would end up at like +2.4º.

There was this one time, where I took the wheel for a quick run to the pharmacy at night and the pedals started to max tilt foward. I had to stop and turn the wheel on and off (it leveled correctly) but when I started to ride it the same happened again. I had to go to the calibration menu and reset it in order to fix it at the time.

I already contacted the seller informing of the issue but they want video-proof. I don't know exactly how I can show this behaviour because like I said before the balance/calibration keeps changing slowly.

Is there any test/method  I can do or maybe some metric I can find on darknessbot or eucworld that helps me showcasing the issue to them?

Thanks guys!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Essen_PT said:

I don't know exactly how I can show this behaviour because like I said before the balance/calibration keeps changing slowly.

Maybe you can carry a small level with you. It’s a good tool for calibration also. Lynx has a flat top so it’s easy to show. Caravan shops sell a small two-way levels. Something like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Solutions-Caravan-Trailer-Spirit-Black/dp/B0BDVXS2QW/

• 2 weeks later...

When the wheel loses horizontal calibration it would be e.g. +2 when it’s faced north but -2 when it’s faced south. You can check how it looks like by calibrating the wheel incorrectly (instead of keeping 0 level during calibration please tilt the wheel by few degrees).

So, if your wheel decalibrates when you ride just wait till it happens, jump off the wheel and turn it around and see how it dips forward and backward.

I hope it’ll be sorted out as I have flashbacks from my old KS18L and I hope I won’t have the same issue when my Lynx arrives 🤞

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sounds like possibly headlight causing EMI, known problem if such and covered by warranty (new lamp).

To test simply observe if it only happens with light turned on.

• Thanks 1