KingSong KS16 speaker volume

Henrik Olsen

Honestly I don't understand the usefulness of such a loud audio amplifier on EUC. I can figure  it could be used for P.A. announcements or out loud advertisings such as political or commercial spots or what else?  Can anybody explain it to me, please?

1 hour ago, Frankman said:

Honestly I don't understand the usefulness of such a loud audio amplifier on EUC. I can figure  it could be used for P.A. announcements or out loud advertisings such as political or commercial spots or what else?  Can anybody explain it to me, please?

It is hard to gauge the volume from a video. If the volume is the same as the 14" can provide then it is useful. Impossible to explain until you try it yourself. Basically with the music on loud riding through the beighborhood it turns you into a minor god or at least a major celebrity or at the very least the coolest guy in town in the eyes of the population from 4 to 55 years old. It can be a nice feeling to be that for a while.

@Cloud totally agree, sounds silly at first but everbody thinks it's so cool when arriving .. Volume is a tad higher than KS14

Put it in a different way, this could be the coolest bluetooth speaker with the longest playtime ;-) with 680wh it will play for a week ;-)

14 minutes ago, Henrik Olsen said:

@Cloud totally agree, sounds silly at first but everbody thinks it's so cool when arriving .. Volume is a tad higher than KS14

Put it in a different way, this could be the coolest bluetooth speaker with the longest playtime ;-) with 680wh it will play for a week ;-)

Cool. And its not like you cannot bring the volume down - its up to the rider to adjust the volume but its good to have that extra power packed in there. Yeah you can use it as a speaker playing for hours and hours, probably days :) not the highest quality speaker but good enough to have fun!

35 minutes ago, Frankman said:

So, could it be seen like a new sort of SELF BALANCING BOOMBOX ? :D:D:D

10478_10151875816815663_1836396978_n.jpeg

Mmmhhh ... However I think I can't ride around playing loud music without being considered like a boor.

Yes i think that actually best describes it . A self balancing boombox. What do you care what some people will consider you? Even if you just ride an euc, some will think poorly of you. Just enjoy the moment.

Where I grew up at, people blasting music extremely loud in public is a normal daily occurrence. I don't live there anymore, but I will no doubt represent my culture by blasting music in public on my KingSong16, once I have it. Fun!

51 minutes ago, Tilmann said:

Call me an old-fashioned mummy: to me, anything blubbering or blasting music up and down the neighborhood, is about as cool as a Ford Pinto. :huh:

Hmm.. But there keep the unanswered question of the ugliest car, the Ford Pinto or the AMC Gremlin..

1 hour ago, Henrik Olsen said:

As said by somebody it's difficult to judge how loud it is... It's not crazy loud, but it's ok and will serve the purpose of listening while ridin

Where is it allowed? The same question remains to the Christmas light on the side like on the 9b1

it all depends on how you do it. Blasting music for the purpose of making everyone listen to it is obnoxious.

However, riding and listening to it, just being in the groove and enjoying it can look pretty cool. I usually dance to the music while i ride the wheel. It can be something slow blueezy and doesnt have to be super loud. Moving on a wheel coordinated with the music can feel better than dancing and can be quite a spectacle.

These speakers are great for you to use in protest. Imagine a bunch of KS riders riding and shouting in unison through their speakers: " What do we want? Living wages. How much is it fair? 1 KS-16 per hour." We need an app for broadcasting to all these KS units.

32 minutes ago, ECUMania said:

These speakers are great for you to use in protest. Imagine a bunch of KS riders riding and shouting in unison through their speakers: " What do we want? Living wages. How much is it fair? 1 KS-16 per hour." We need an app for broadcasting to all these KS units.

I actually invented a whole new level of coolness, as if pushing music thourhg the speakers wasnt enough...i went to google maps on my phone and started directions to whatever destination i was going, then turned the music on...so once in a while the music would stop and the voice would say real loud...turn left in 300ft...you will reach your destination by 13-20... Go straight for a mile thene a left....the effect was phenomenal... To other people Not only was i riding a machine from the future...it also has navigation and would know where i was enough to tell me where to go....it was like a super space ship

17 minutes ago, Cloud said:

I actually invented a whole new level of coolness, as if pushing music thourhg the speakers wasnt enough...i went to google maps on my phone and started directions to whatever destination i was going, then turned the music on...so once in a while the music would stop and the voice would say real loud...turn left in 300ft...you will reach your destination by 13-20... Go straight for a mile thene a left....the effect was phenomenal... To other people Not only was i riding a machine from the future...it also has navigation and would know where i was enough to tell me where to go....it was like a super space ship

I never thought of doing that.. such a great idea!

Cloud's idea of using the speaker to announce GPS direction is a great idea.

One can decal the KS as a boombox or a sub-woofer,  ride it around with music on. It will be interesting to see how ppl reacts to that!

On 3.4.2016 at 9:55 AM, Cloud said:

it turns you into a minor god or at least a major celebrity or at the very least the coolest guy in town

Don't agree to this - like people in cars playing the music so loud anyone can/has to hear, I think it's a real stupid behaviour. When living in a big city there really is enough noise around everybody. So we can (should!) make a difference by our unicycles and show there's a better way to commute by wasting less energy then cars and not polluting others with noise.

2 hours ago, One said:

Don't agree to this - like people in cars playing the music so loud anyone can/has to hear, I think it's a real stupid behaviour. When living in a big city there really is enough noise around everybody. So we can (should!) make a difference by our unicycles and show there's a better way to commute by wasting less energy then cars and not polluting others with noise.

Refer to my earlier post ( quoted below). Playing music in cars with open windows is to purposely make others listen to what the driver thinks is cool music which is usually quite horrible. Riding the wheel and listening to music is in the first place for oneself to enjoy the experience. Most others react well to this - its just aadded bonus. Besides the music level should be regulated so as not to be a major disturbance. Music out of the wheel is quieter than the one you are referring to from the car's windows. I do agree it is controversial, i d say it can be bold. What i listen to is nothing like the car window music - normally soft, and melodic. Some will enjoy it and some will hate it - all together the world will stay in equilibrim:) 

Besides, riding woth music is much much safer as people see you coming in - this saved me many a time from collissions.

also, i for one, when ride with music and see a cop ahead, always turn the volume down so as to not attract attention to the euc, or if i see someone talking on the phone i reduce the volume so they can hear their conversation and try to go by them fast to minimize the noise they dont need. Or if i see an elderly person i do the same...if i see someone who might think it looks good then its another story...i agree we shouldnt inconvenience others or cause them frustration ( but on the other hand when we see someone who is just happy and enjoying the moment, we shouldnt get frustrated if we are normal:)

23 hours ago, Cloud said:

it all depends on how you do it. Blasting music for the purpose of making everyone listen to it is obnoxious.

However, riding and listening to it, just being in the groove and enjoying it can look pretty cool. I usually dance to the music while i ride the wheel. It can be something slow blueezy and doesnt have to be super loud. Moving on a wheel coordinated with the music can feel better than dancing and can be quite a spectacle.

Has anyone tried audio of Star Wars flying ships or any such similar sound effects? I'm thinking I'll do that. Blast audio extracted from a Star Wars Pod Racer clip or something, put in on loop, and make people believe the unicycle sounds like that.

3 hours ago, edwin_rm said:

Has anyone tried audio of Star Wars flying ships or any such similar sound effects? I'm thinking I'll do that. Blast audio extracted from a Star Wars Pod Racer clip or something, put in on loop, and make people believe the unicycle sounds like that.

I just did batman theme music when i dressed up like batman on heloween and rode the wheel. Also tried tron music

I play my music nice and loud not to annoy people, but to let people ahead of me know that I am coming up behind them. Because it gets tiring after a long while having to shout "On your left" especially when half of the people can't hear with earbuds in.

Archived