generic EUC vibrating back and forth

Jakke

Hello everyone. Recently i bought a generic style EUC. At first it behaved smoothly, until all of a sudden there seems to be some sort of play when i move it back and forward. If you push it a little harder it starts vibrating back and forth.  At first i thought the bolts of the wheel were loose but i checked it and that's not the case. I think it must be a problem with the control board/sensors. Has anyone experienced something like this before?

VID_20160402_162113.3gp

IMG_20160402_163605.jpg

@Jakke, I can't view the video you seem to have attached on an iPad, however, a common problem is the clamping of the footplates coming loose rather than the wheel itself. Another possibility would be if the main circuit board has come loose as that has the gyro sensors on it usually.

Someone else on this forum did have a similar problem around 2 months ago (I think) so you might try searching for that thread, I can't now remember where it is.

I would say also the board can be loose on the bolts.

Funny because I am developing firmware from scratch and I have that kind of problems when try to balance the wheel - but is wrong algorithm for now.

The main component for the balancing is the IMU, the hall sensors and the motor connections - I really can't figure out what can be hapen.

Everything is bolted firmly in place, the control board, wheel and pedals.

The control board looks like the Pinwheel T1 board in this topic.

Maybe someone knows where i can find a spare part?

hi !

I had the same problem (watch the fideo in first post)

were the bolts of motor shaft....are you sure they are fixed very well ?

The first time I fixed them with only my hands and tools ..and after 10 km  ...again same problem.

The second time I used a vise and fixed them very hard .. now after at least 50km ..jump, holes and offroad stil work well.

Wheel from major brand have a little piee of metall to lock this bolt I can add something to fix it more well .

Makes sense to be the motor/hall sensors or the board/IMU gyro.

If the board is well fixed but the motor loose, then the motor position relative to the board will change and that may make the lack balance. The variables to keep the balance are motor position relative to electronic board position.

I took the unicycle apart today and it turned out that it actually were the motor bolts. I only inspected one side last time and i didn't check it properly. Problem solved, thanks guys. ;)

Archived