Begode 3A 100.8V Charger strange behavior

Hi guys, long story short.
I recently bought a Shelly Plug to monitor the charge of my EUC (Begode EXN).
I noticed the CV phase is coming very late, I reach almost 100.8 v before it starts (until then the charger is pulling 320 W).

Then the power is decreasing very quickly to something close to a few Watts and the voltage end of charge seats at about 101v. The duration of the CV charge is very short, less than 15 minutes. I would say it's uncommon regarding what I read about charging procedure and especially when I monitor the charge of my Kinsong S18, the CV phase duration is at least 40 mn and it starts at an earlier voltage (83,5 Volts to finally seats 84 Volts).
First, if I understand well, it's the charger who decides when and how it starts the CV charge. With such a short absorption phase, I believe my battery is not fully charged unless it reaches its final voltage of 100.8 Volts.
Maybe I'm overthinking, but do you have the behavior on your Begode charger ?.
Thanks 

When you charge with low current the real pack voltage is closer to the charger voltage than when you charge with high current. 

That means that when the charger voltage tops out (CV) then the pack is very close to that and so that phase is very short.

When you charge with lots of amps you have a massive gap between real and charger voltage and so the CV phase can be most of the charge duration.

That's why charging past 80% is inefficient because you can't fast charge past 80%. But if you need max range (and in eucs enable balancing) you need to wait it out.

If you're a pro hardcore rider you'd swap out the bms for something more intelligent. Charge with 20 or insane amps, end and set balancing to initiate at 80%. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

The op's EXN is more like the older wheels. It doesn't have a power distribution board.

Marty has mentioned Begode wheels unable to charge fully and he had to modify that power dis board to do it.

It continues to be infuriating that neither Begode or EB are willing to address, explain, or even discuss the issue...

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Cam said:

Still, I've never seen a 15 minutes CV phase on any other PEVs, with any combination of battery and charger.. Old style Begode was normal with a long CV phase. The current suddenly dropping to close to nothing is also not normal behavior.

Maybe its done on purpose as we see the same behavior on more recent EUCs, but I'll keep finding it abnormal and suspect until proven otherwise..

I'm curious about your graph. Why is it "boxy"? Charging voltage shouldn't increase like that, should it?

Have you considered trying the Marty mod?

You know that technically you can charge the cells to 4.25v =  136.0v without voiding warranty/spec.

It doesn't mean that everybody that gets 134.4v is losing out on significant mileage and should be annoyed.

Maybe measuring voltage in protection circuits isn't that exact and they're trying to error on the side of safety and longevity.