New King Song App - FW update?

andress

So I have downloaded the new King Song app from here http://mediasvcqkmt1zv6sbs2r.blob.core.windows.net/service/MotouniCode/KS3.0.apk (link from Milbay) even though I have KS14C the firmware update seems to be available. The app lets me select my model and downloads the firmware. I have not updated yet as I am afraid of such things since the Ninebot scandal. Has anyone tried?

edit:

If anyone is interested here is the bin file of the firmware v1.15  https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2IHfDvXdGvHX2NLVDBBWmh3enM

The Version 3 app that is on the Milbay site is a Beta Version and is only supported by Milbay Australia for use with Milbay unicycles only, some V3 app features are only available for the latest control board family, currently GTS16. The app will work on later control board Milbay GTS14 and GTS18 with some reduced functionality. V3 fixes the screen issue on lower screen resolution android mobile devices where not all screen buttons were accessible.

Milbay does not recommend or support the KS V3 app for brands other than Milbay or KS. Please use the correct app supported by your devices manufacturer to avoid unexpected results.

International owners should consult their local KS reseller or distributor for more information.

DO NOT use this app to apply any firmware update to Milbay Motouni unless requested by a Milbay service technician. Unicycles that become unusable after an unofficial update will not be covered by warranty and a billable new control board may be required.

Neale Gray

Milbay Australia

Thanks for your statement Neale. I just have one question.

Apart from this being BETA why would you call firmware update done via official app ( once out of beta phase) unofficial?

Will this function be removed in the final version of the app?

On April 2, 2016 at 8:36 AM, andress said:

Thanks for your statement Neale. I just have one question.

Apart from this being BETA why would you call firmware update done via official app ( once out of beta phase) unofficial?

Will this function be removed in the final version of the app?

He probably just wants to make sure he has a chance to evaluate any new firmware releases before his customers install them. This is wise considering what happened with ninebot. A couple bad releases caused units to shut down unexpectedly and people got seriously hurt. 

Archived