Electricunicyclereviews.com - reliable source?

I was under the impression that they were a solid source for US buyers and had seen @KaleOsaurusRex post here frequently which gave me assurance, so when I saw him put up preorders for the KS16a a few months ago, I decided to put one in myself in early March because I wanted the chance to get one as soon as possible. 

However, I've sent him a couple emails over the past 2 weeks asking about his expected delivery since the other distributors have been talking about units leaving the factory and taking preorders themselves. 

I haven't heard back from him and I noticed he has had no activity on the forums here since February, so now I can't help but be a tad concerned. Does anyone have any input or advice here? I just want one as soon as I can get one... Am I better off canceling my order with them and preordering through Jason Mcniel?

i dont think you are in danger of being conned or anything like that. Both Will and Jason seem to be great guys, but you should make your own decision as to what you want to do. 

Will had responded to a few emails i had sent him, he actually offered to help me at one time,  and he made a good impression on me overall.

However it just so happened that I ordered my wheel from Jason as he had them in stock and the service was faster than i could ever imagine. I got a response to my each and every email within 24 hours , many within 1 hour. The transaction was very smooth and it got delivered in 3 days. Jason went out of his way to provide an outstanding after sale customer service and warranty service.

Thank you, that's what I had thought! I know Jason from the facebook group along with other more recent business - the only reason I didn't order the KS16 from him is because Will had preorders available when I was ready to pull the trigger and figured the earlier I put my order in, the sooner I'd get one. Maybe I'm just being antsy with all the recent chatter.

I'm also concerned with Will's lack of communication. I have 2 pre-orders with him placed on January/February. I sent him email and messages on forum a few days ago - with no replies yet.

I will add my 2 cents . Will was not as responsive to my emails as he should have been with my KS 18 . However , it was delivered as promised despite ongoing issues with customs . I believe him to be honest and my experience was on the whole quite positive. I particularly sympathize because I am not a terribly prompt communicator myself . I did get the critical updates . My only issue was that direct questions often took 2 or 3 emails before I got a response . In the scheme of things , pretty forgivable I believe . I would not hesitate to order from him again .

Pilotguy, what wheel did you get? And in stock or 'preorder'?  I am also one that ordered in January, but for 18 - 880 wh yes I get response but only that he knows nothing. This after the futurewheel cancelled my order...

It was the 680 and it was not an in stock unit . I do have a vague recollection that if I wanted the biggest battery , it would take longer . I know for a fact as everyone here knows that customs in both countries is a nightmare. I also suspect that patent disputes which were just getting up steam right when I took delivery might have caused delayed shipments. 

I'm not worried about getting scammed - I am sure I will eventually receive my wheel. The real concern is that if he's not responding to emails and not posting here, does he have something else in life taking up his time, and has he actually put in the order to the factory as soon as they're available.. has he missed the boat? (literally) 

If I can order it from someone else that is going to get wheels from the factory sooner, I will. 

Maybe something happenned to him. :blink: We unicycle riders have accidents all the time.

Good luck with your orders...

Ain't no way this is his full time job I suspect . If orders have been placed and are in limbo , all one can do is monitor and report a change in condition . He has in the past included his business phone in all email exchanges . I suspect everyone in North America is in the same boat .  Keep trying  ! I'm very curious to hear what's up .

You're not being scammed. The reality as I have learned first hand is that its very hard to import electric unicycles in America right now unless you have very good connections that can get the wheels imported to America. It seems like Will does not have this, while Jason does.

Guys...

from what i have Read he is One of The "Motors" of announcing EUC's and a very reliable source ....

without him WE all Perhaps would Not have the Kingsongs or would be a few months before..

so he Deserves a real chance...imho...i Hope nothing happend to him.....

This whole thread is my attempt to give him a chance and let the community help influence my decision. I even tagged him so he is alerted to the discussion. Like several of you have said, I hope he's OK. 

However, it's a lot of money to spend on a product with such uncertainties that already exist, so it would be helpful to get some reassurance that he is on top of placing the orders and capable of getting them through customs. 

Hey guys,

I'm so sorry it's been tough for me to keep up with the emailing promptly like you deserve. The honest truth is, in trying to be competitively priced in the market, we make very little money importing these, and it's becoming more difficult to do. This is not an excuse for delays in responses to my customers, but it's the truth. This business has turned out to be harder than it seems, and trying to do it as a second job has made it so that I haven't been to provide the level of service and communication I intended to.

To be clear, right now we have 9 customers waiting for units that they paid for in advance. My shipping partner keeps pushing the arrival date back for our current shipment, but we are expecting that it is now moving! Of course, once it arrives in the USA we will find out what happens in customs this time. This shipping situation is always changing, and sometimes it's hard to give a really good answer when someone asks for an arrival estimate.

I have been trying to figure out the best solution for the future, so that I can continue with this business without making people experience these delays. I have decided that from this point forward, we will not offer new preorders or reservations. It just creates too much stress on both sides, because of the unpredictable shipping from China. We will only let people purchase on the site if it's a machine we have in stock, and this way I can always ship immediately.

Anyone who currently has an order, I'm so sorry that the delay has been longer than expected. To make sure that you are taken care of, I will be attempting to have a phone conversation or very through email interaction with each person, to find out what we can do to make sure that everyone is happy or as close to happy as possible. I am going through my emails today to find the ones that I missed. If I don't get back to you today, please follow up with me and we will figure out what the best way to move forward is on a case by case basis.

I will make sure that you are all taken care of, and I'm sorry that I haven't met the expectations that I set out to meet. If you're waiting for me, I will come through for you! It might take some time, but I will do it, because I am a man of my word.

@KaleOsaurusRex No need to call me! Thank you for the thoughtful response. I was prepared for a lengthy wait, as I am aware of the severe shipping difficulties. I also totally understand that most of the time you can't really give us much info until it is actually through customs. The problem was that I was hearing about other distributors having their units shipped and nothing from you. All I needed to hear was that our orders are placed and things and shipping is being attempted. :)

I'm sure this is all really stressful for you too, which is why you're now thinking of backing off of pre-orders altogether, and I'd agree that's a good strategy for regular orders placed through regular traffic coming from google and first time buyers who don't understand the realities of EUC distrubution.. they will have much different expectations because they are conditioned to the instant culture of amazon shopping. But perhaps you could consider still offering pre-orders for forum-goers and such? I definitely appreciate the ability to pre-order even with the uncertainties. 

Regardless, I'm now very excited to hear that the shipping process as, indeed, begun!

Archived