Airwheel X3, help Please.

Felipe Rabshara

Hi everyone,

I'm new in the forum and don't really know that much about electric unicycles, except what I have been investigating for more less a week because I want to get one.

I am not a hard rider, I don't intend to take this device through extreme ground, just take me to work and to close places, and of course just kid around. Also, I don't intend to spend a lot of money on one of this, so of course I eventually came to the possibility of the airwheel X3 and have read a lot of ambigual opinions from different riders giving a lot of confusion, in the end my question is very simple:

I know its weight limit is 120kg, however I don't know if this is the maximum weight were the device starts presenting problems or the weight where the device just won't run. I am asking because I weight 92 kg and I don't want to buy and realize that I am to heavy for it. Again I am not looking for anything extreme, but at least to reach the basic specs from the device description.

You think it will be worthy to buy it? 

If not, can you recommend another model? And with that also an internet page to buy it, because I am from Chile and most of the other brands don't get here so I'll have to order it oversees probably.

Thanks everyone, glad to join the community.

As you are a similar weight to me you will find the ability of any wheel will depend on the terrain. If you have many hills in your area a lower powered wheel will have problems coping with your weight. If you only intend to use it on the flat you will manage ok with lower power as long as you don't try to accelerate or stop too quickly.

Small inclines or a short distance will be OK if taken with care. Just remember your power is very limited so you will get very little warning before the wheel's power is exceeded and it just goes into freewheel. This is more likely to happen if you brake hard going down hill.

It's actually quite surprising how steep a hill a low powered wheel can cope with once you've learnt to ride very slowly, and zig zag a little.

I am 95kg and rode a generic 350w engined model for an evening. It worked OK, could climb some hills, reach topspeed etc. but I figure the strain on the machine is higher so there will be less reserves and the device might get hotter than normal when you ride it. So goofing around on a hot sunny afternoon might bring it to overheat.

I dont know how easy it is for you to get goods from overseas (other south american countries have harsh import taxes) but if you are OK not having a local dealer to fix things or do service on the device, there are a lot of options, cheaper and more powerful than a Airwheel.

Thanks everyone. It is so complicated bringing thing to my country, in the end it gets extremelly expensive.

And here all we have, besides airwheel, air some brands that i've never heard before.

Has anyone ever heard waky wheel? or ewheel? Or On Wheel m2? Or Tomoloo?

Even though they may be good, it is hard to trust this brands.

Thanks again.

Archived