UNLOCK 30 KPH on IPS 350+

Kendall Lyons

Hey everyone, first post here and thanks for having me be a part of this community.

I searched for hours on this forum and online, and couldn't find anything so I figured I would make a post.

I just received my first IPS 350+, but it caps out at 20 kph. I heard you can unlock it to 30 kph with the XIMA app (doesn't currently work), but it doesn't connect. I can only use the IPS app.

I was just wondering if there's is ANY possible way I can still be able to ride this thing at 30 kph. I would be sooo happy if so.

Thanks everyone!

12 hours ago, Kendall Lyons said:

Hey everyone, first post here and thanks for having me be a part of this community.

I searched for hours on this forum and online, and couldn't find anything so I figured I would make a post.

I just received my first IPS 350+, but it caps out at 20 kph. I heard you can unlock it to 30 kph with the XIMA app (doesn't currently work), but it doesn't connect. I can only use the IPS app.

I was just wondering if there's is ANY possible way I can still be able to ride this thing at 30 kph. I would be sooo happy if so.

Thanks everyone!

Are you iOS? If so, try the app called 'Xima Lhotz' (not 'Xima')

Hello

Also new on this forum and received my t350+ just the other week. It unlocks after 50km, which took me 2 days to complete. Really not necessarily to use these hack-apps. 

Also just bought a IPS 151 (680+) from Tony and waiting for it to be delivered (my girl just snatched the t350+ from me when realizing what a fun way it is to move with these wheels :-)). 

I will write a comparison between the two later on. 

//Fredrik (Sweden)

On ‎2016‎-‎03‎-‎31 at 6:02 AM, Kendall Lyons said:

Yeah thank you. I just got the unlocked today, and I'm very happy about it!!!

How much was your 151 and how much is the 152?

That thing is going to be a freaking beast!

Yeah It's nice. Since I weigh 85kg I'm glad that it beeps pretty early (22km/h) since I don't want to risk the sudden cut outs which leaves you with a not so pleasant face plant.

I got the T350+ from the official Iamips store for 720$ including shipment to Sweden.
The T151, biggest battery, (also called T680+) was 1 000$ including shipping to Sweden from Tony at ipselectricunicycle. It’s pretty hard to come by retailers when living in Sweden so I didn’t really bother to do any excessive research between different resellers.
I’m going to recommend just like others do to get the biggest battery you can afford since it minimizes the risk of sudden cut outs which can really leave you scared. Just do the “Electric unicycle crash” search on Youtube and you will see why it could be worth a little extra cash to not get the too small battery problem. Also you travel really fast on these things and the real world range differs a lot from what you might read on the spec-sheets. My girl weighs in at ~60kg and she will probably have about the same reach on the T350+ as I will get on the T680+ even dough I will have double the battery. If you go for one of the smaller batteries you will most likely experience that the range just runs out faster than you want it to.

But like I wrote earlier, I will make a good comparison between the two later on (still waiting for delivery).

:)

• 3 weeks later...

It’s been a while since my last post. I'll try to find some time to give a decent review of the IPS T wheels later on.

Common seems a little farfetched, I haven’t had any incidents yet. But I always keep the battery pretty high, and the T151 goes a long way before I get to the lower part of the battery (I’ve ridden 30km on one charge and still have about ~50% battery (I’m 82kg). I’ve ridden over 300km with the wheels and haven’t had a single cut out or accident. Worst thing so far have been one flat tire… The wheel really isn’t that fun to carry around when your 4km from your home I can tell you.

Going fast is no problem, and to be honest it’s really kind of scary going around 30km/h, I find myself cruising along at 25-27km/h (this is where the T gives the quick beeps) and it really feels fast when standing 10cm above the ground. But this is of course up everyone to judge for themselves. Perfect pavement, sun in the face, and a little wind in the back and you could of course push it more and still feel perfectly comfortable. Just keep in mind what would happen if the wheel suddenly drops out on you and you fall forward and hit the pavement face first.

I’m one of those who ride without the safety prioritized, and I have no protective gear what so ever and therefor don’t really want to push beyond my own limits. But hey, what’s the big deal, no one survives life anyway! Enjoy it while you can. B)

Attaching a Picture of my pimped T151, all gagets from bangood.com, I'll plastidip the sidesteps during the weekend if I find the time ;-)

Ride safe :)
//F

EUC-forum.jpg

Archived