Bring EUC from China

EUCMania

I plan to travel to China. I wonder if it is possible to buy an EUC there and bring it with me to US. I know that airlines do not allow big batteries. Can I remove battery packs from the EUC and mail it to my US address separately, and bring the EUC with me for the flight? Has anyone tried this before?

Hi, It might work. but pls re-read UL2272 related standard about it.

Frankly, it can work as your required, but just the battery delivery charge plus your ticket, you can bought one within US..

Any queries, contact us.

Bush

It will be fine if you remove the batteries.I bought a Gotway M8 when I was in Shenzhen last October and Air China would not let me check it with the batteries installed.They told me I could take it if I removed the batteries but I did not have the tools or the time so I had to leave it at the security counter.That really sucked since they no longer make them.

Why not ship the whole thing? In that case you avoid any discussion at check in or security and spare yourself the hassle to carry the dunnage. I did it recently with an Mten. Shipped it with Speedpost from Singapore to Germany. It was an equivalent of about 90 USD and it was door to door delivery. My guess is that postal service from China should be even less expensive.

9 hours ago, Noam said:

My guess is that postal service from China should be even less expensive.

I think your guess may be spot on! I use a company in Australia who do really excellent PIC chip tutorials and development boards: http://www.gooligum.com.au their service and regular updates to their tutorials is excellent. 

They have started shipping from China, because they found it as little as 1/4 the cost of shipping from Australia, even to a customer in Australia! Read their views on it here: http://www.gooligum.com.au/blog-section/blogart21 

Archived