Using Hobby Charge Doctor on my NINEBOT Xiaomi MINI

smallexis

I get use to control my 9B1 battery level with the famous "HOBBY CHARGE DOCTOR" (Many thanks to Hobby for this wonder :)) and I would like to do the same with my 9B mini (Xiaomi version). As 9B mini's load jack is different from 9B1's lemo jack :( (still 4 pins but not the same shape & system. I imagine the plug of mini pro version is the same as Xiaomi version), I have to add lemo jack on 9B mini charger.

jack 9b1 vs 9bmini.jpg

I choose to cut wire close to the charging plug in order to weld a LEMO female plug (picture 1). And on the wire I weld a LEMO male plug (picture 2). It's always the same polarity (as 9B1's one) with pin 1 for the + and pin 2 for the -. Finally, I have an adapter that can load directly my 9B mini (picture 3) or by inserting Charge Doctor (picture 4).

chargeur mini modif bis.jpg

Now I can check the battery status of my 9B mini (pictures 5 & 6) and I can also use my 9B1 charger to load (faster than 9B mini charger).

101_0302bis.jpg

9B mini charger is "only" a 70W that give 1,1A max. Compare to 9B1 charger that is a 120W that give 2 A, I can reduce loading time by half.

Thank you for information. As a soon-to-be owner of Mini Pro I was wondering if I could use same charger to both One and Mini. Already was eyeballing the lemo-plug.

But I am still not sure if Mini pro charger have the same amperage as ninebot one's... We'll see... Hope to get my mini pro soon. Mine is being delayed...

@Vik's

mini Pro Charge Adapter is The Same As Mini/Xiaomi...

i have a Mini pro...

where are you from? And where you get your Pro?

if in desperate Need of a Pro...i am thinking of Selling Mine...going only EUC in The Future! :-)

6 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

@Vik's

mini Pro Charge Adapter is The Same As Mini/Xiaomi...

i have a Mini pro...

where are you from? And where you get your Pro?

if in desperate Need of a Pro...i am thinking of Selling Mine...going only EUC in The Future! :-)

I paid for mini pro as a preorder from a seller here in Norway. But the whole batch is being delayed. Not desperate though... And my wife is getting better at riding the 9b1 in the meantime.

Yip!

i was in a very Lucky Situation to get it so early at begin of Februars...Here in Germany...

all other European distributor delayed it to end of March...and some Rise the Price ..because their seems to be a Lot of interest:-)

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

Yip!

i was in a very Lucky Situation to get it so early at begin of Februars...Here in Germany...

all other European distributor delayed it to end of March...and some Rise the Price ..because their seems to be a Lot of interest:-)

Seems like it... But I am a patient person.

Hmm... Speedy feet's review of mini pro showing a 120W adapter...

120w.JPG

Yes I have seen that mini Pro charger is a 120W and battery capacity is 310Wh. Xiaomi mini charger is a 70W and battery capacity is 236Wh.

10 hours ago, Vik's said:

Seems like it... But I am a patient person.

Hmm... Speedy feet's review of mini pro showing a 120W adapter...

120w.JPG

Yeah...it has more power...but it's The Same adapter As Xiaomi Mini.. 4-poles 

Archived