The Photo Thread

Stinkertjes

Fancy 'background changer' app with EUC pics

Photo-1601783319900-Processed-2.png

Photo-1601776879170-Processed-2.png

Photo-1601778672434-Processed.png

Photo-1601781370329-Processed.png

Posted (edited)

@Bob Eisenman   Bob, What did you put in your cup this morning? !!!!! :roflmao::cheers:

Edited by pico

5 minutes ago, pico said:

, What did you put in your cup this morning?

IMG-20201004-082051732.jpg

Posted (edited)

@pico

Pico Peak...,haven't skied there however, is a big Vermont ski area.

Photo-1601822072764-Processed-3.png

Edited by Bob Eisenman

Posted (edited)

Random guy on a wheel in an unrelated article in the SF Chronicle today.  The string of photos accompanying the article show shuttered businesses in SF.  The photographer happened to catch this image of a guy on a wheel riding down the 600 block of Market St.

random wheel in SF.PNG

Edited by rainystateguy
https://www.sfchronicle.com/business/article/S-F-is-facing-its-worst-fiscal-crisis-in-15632261.php#photo-20083021

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, rainystateguy said:

600 block of Market St.

It's right about here (near the McD's)

37°47'20"N 122°24'06"W 

if you need to refresh your memory (Google Street view) about pre CoVid times at the address.

Edited by Bob Eisenman

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

It's right about here (near the McD's)

37°47'20"N 122°24'06"W 

if you need to refresh your memory (Google Street view) about pre CoVid times at the address.

Great minds think alike.  As soon as I saw the photo I said to myself "looks like about the 600 block of Market".  I then went to Street View to check how close I was.  i had nailed it.  30 years of living and chasing down breaking news with my video camera  in SF pretty much imprinted most of the landscape into my brain.  The changes that have happened over the past 5 years since I moved away do  throw me off occasionally though.

Edited by rainystateguy

@Demargon   I expected an Angry Toro Decal with the Spanish red...;)

Oct 25 Salem, Massachusetts.

I was nearly run down by a car driven by a guy with his girlfriend entering a package store parking lot from the opposite side of the street. He never indicated with his turn signals that he was coming my way into the bike lane. If I was wearing the latest Marty helmet light it might not have happened.

He sounded like he'd been drinking and getting out of the car I said 'you nearly hit me' to which he said 'your wearing a dark jacket'....saw your headlight. The chick looked a little shaken up, sitting up in the passenger seat with eyes wide open.

No contact.

Ever since the SCOTUS hearing started I've had two car incidents at night and a guy walking directly into me while talking with friends on the Sakim bridge bike path. I came to a stop and held onto the guard rail.

Sometimes I wonder if Catholics (like Barrett) proceed forward based in how they feel rather than watching where they're going.

Elsewhere the Governor's house , which I pass on a ride to Boston, was the scene of a 'breaking and entering'. Some guy leaving a letter about what was bothering him on the kitchen table. The governor has a 24/7 State Trooper vehicle posted in front of the property. Lately the house has been the site of several protests.

20201015205841-IMG-3684-2.jpg

Ride safe...

The current owner of the apartment building announced two morning walk through tours to prospective new buyers for this morning.

I left early to take some fall pictures on a 26 mile ride. Nice foliage today.

20201015100007-IMG-3678.jpg

My diabetes diet has been working. This morning my blood sugar was 63....after eating only a meager Swanson baked chicken dinner last night.

6 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Oct 25 Salem, Massachusetts.

I was nearly run down by a car driven by a guy with his girlfriend entering a package store parking lot from the opposite side of the street. He never indicated with his turn signals that he was coming my way into the bike lane. If I was wearing the latest Marty helmet light it might not have happened.

He sounded like he'd been drinking and getting out of the car I said 'you nearly hit me' to which he said 'your wearing a dark jacket'....saw your headlight. The chick looked a little shaken up, sitting up in the passenger seat with eyes wide open.

No contact.

Ever since the SCOTUS hearing started I've had two car incidents at night and a guy walking directly into me while talking with friends on the Sakim bridge bike path. I came to a stop and held onto the guard rail.

Sometimes I wonder if Catholics (like Barrett) proceed forward based in how they feel rather than watching where they're going.

Elsewhere the Governor's house , which I pass on a ride to Boston, was the scene of a 'breaking and entering'. Some guy leaving a letter about what was bothering him on the kitchen table. The governor has a 24/7 State Trooper vehicle posted in front of the property. Lately the house has been the site of several protests.

20201015205841-IMG-3684-2.jpg

Ride safe...

The current owner of the apartment building announced two morning walk through tours to prospective new buyers for this morning.

I left early to take some fall pictures on a 26 mile ride. Nice foliage today.

20201015100007-IMG-3678.jpg

My diabetes diet has been working. This morning my blood sugar was 63....after eating only a meager Swanson baked chicken dinner last night.

Bob, what have religion comments to do with EUC? 

Moreover, the US Americans here tend to forget that the rest of the world is barely interested (and up to date) on things like SCOTUS, Mrs Barret and such...

Nice pictures though (the last one is making me envious), and happy to hear you survived several accident scares and that your health is fine...

Sorry for the rant :)

4 hours ago, Coco66 said:

what have religion comments to do with EUC? 

Conversations/reactions (about euc)with people and property owners in my frequently Catholic area lent the opportunity for the jab. I remember in 1977 working a job (in Boston) where I was more or less told I needed to go back to school to learn more. Following the directive I applied and was accepted. A strange conversation with someone from the office staff, who everyone found attractive, and who talked lovingly about a place in Maine where priests lived on a self sufficient commune, ended with the comment, about my leaving for school , "I'll pray for your soul". I never really understood what she meant.

In graduate school I met a divorced (annulled) mother of a 4 year old girl. We dated, enjoyed each other's company alot and went separate ways a year later after she graduated. The prayerful woman who went on to a clinic position spoke about being patted on the behind by doctors (the kid's father was a doctor) while working in the clinic lab. The kid is now a married mother of three children.

Another Catholic woman who I met in graduate school was a PhD track candidate. She was blond, attractive and studied continuously. We used to laugh at each other and talk about her caving experiences. She called me the 'no action tiger'. One day she told me a story that took me off guard. The medical student that she was falling to pieces over were riding together in the elevator a few feet from the room where we spoke. She told me they stopped the elevator between floors and had sex. I was kind of shocked to listen but had not much to say. Towards Christmas she would talk about the baby Jesus. She split from her medical student friend and found other friends in another school in town.

I college friend who I set her up with on a date is now a lawyer. He contacted me in Facebook where we all have profiles. She died a few years ago within seven days after starting a treatment for breast cancer. She'd been a professor for decades and had a daughter who also looked attractive. The college friend was displaced from his condo at the base of the aworld Trade center following the events of 9-11. He lives on Mass with his mother and still laments the loss of his wife due to a food choking incident a few years ago. He has a daughter. He's not Catholic and she was Jewish. I was at the wedding with my ex spouse (adopted part native Indian) who has worked in a Catholic school since 1989. She doesn't speak to me anymore.

I just think that people who are passionately Catholic are sometimes surprising in their actions.

I'm glad you enjoyed my photo. I can will/force/operate light and sensors and camera placement....but forcing people and or other objects (EUC) often leads me to trouble.

Edited by Bob Eisenman

@Bob Eisenman, I think you completely missed my point.

The kind of things you write have not only nothing to do with EUCs, let alone a Photo thread, but they are against the Forum rules:

Don’t use hate speech of any kind, including (but not limited to) hate speech related to ethnicity, race, sexuality, gender, religion, political inclination, or anything else deemed inappropriate by the moderation team.

Hate speech being "abusive or threatening speech or writing that expresses prejudice against a particular group, especially on the basis of race, religion, or sexual orientation." according to Oxford English Dictionary. 

I am surprised no moderators are picking up on this... 

@Coco66  Don't take Bob too seriously He is just being Bob.:roflmao:

This forum is therapeutic for him and us.

But only one Bob per Forum, right ? :D  Cheers! 

Although I'm out on a ride now I'm glad I stayed indoors yesterday considering what happened in the next town . Ride safe...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcboston.com/news/local/bicyclist-struck-by-car-in-marblehead/2213725/%3famp

"A bicyclist was seriously injured Saturday when they were struck by a vehicle in Marblehead, Massachusetts.

The victim, identified by the Marblehead Fire Department as a person in their 30s, was taken by medical helicopter to an area hospital "