Jump to content
SlowMo

The Photo Thread

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Rama Douglas said:

Loving the moment here on a break during my commute...💜

IMG_20190605_194720741.jpg

Those twilight hours are magic!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Michael Tucker said:

Those twilight hours are magic!

Indeed. Was a super fun, high speed ride up to there, where I paused and gave thanks, breathed and thought, I'm so blessed to be able to do this!!! Attitude of gratitude for sure~

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

11,000-feet with the Nikola

Ye olde 'NM-536' according to

https://www.dangerousroads.org/north-america/usa/4034-sandia-crest.html

Heck....I didn't see a speed bump in the Stop & Shop groceries parking lot today and faceplanted. Generous amounts of abdominal fat cushioned the impact.😂😋

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

~11,000-feet with the Nikola

:shock2:

:cry2:

I'm so upset right now! Albuquerque is basically my home town... as much as you can call a city that size a town, anyway...   :lol:

If I had known you would be there farther in advance I would have arranged to visit my family in the area and go riding up there with you!

Aww man, I hope you enjoyed it 'cuz I know I would have! The Sandias would be a fantastic ride now that I stop and think about it...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Ye olde 'NM-536' according to

https://www.dangerousroads.org/north-america/usa/4034-sandia-crest.html

Heck....I didn't see a speed bump in the Stop & Shop groceries parking lot today and faceplanted. Generous amounts of abdominal fat cushioned the impact.😂😋

Bob, how did you figure out where I rode? Impressed with your detective skills 👊

And very funny belly fat story. Hope you really are OK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Arbolest said:

:shock2:

:cry2:

I'm so upset right now! Albuquerque is basically my home town... as much as you can call a city that size a town, anyway...   :lol:

If I had known you would be there farther in advance I would have arranged to visit my family in the area and go riding up there with you!

Aww man, I hope you enjoyed it 'cuz I know I would have! The Sandias would be a fantastic ride now that I stop and think about it...

The 14-mile ride to the top was awesome. Very few cars and the road is in perfect condition. I enjoyed it so much, I rode it two days in a row. I have a lot favorites, but this may be my new favorite location.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

2019-06-07_10-52-38

~11,000-feet with the Nikola

Awesome photo.  Love the rock strata in the ridge behind you and the perilous looking lip 3 feet behind you, and the vista, and, and, and.  Fantastic.  I'm going to start calling you Ansel Adams.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Bob, how did you figure out where I rode

Google 'Sandia Peak'.....leads to 'Sandia Crest'....leads to travel guides by car at 'Sandia Crest'. Modus operandi is a roadway.

Actually I saw your post on Facebook

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157373312348293&id=711178292

The 5100 foot comment caught my attention. Length rather than height.

Sandia Ridge...almost 11,000 feet up....... acclimatization for climbing Mt Rainier (I did that  once in 1974) starts (started) with sleeping overnight at 10,000 feet at Camp Muir.

My FP seems to have scraped the right wrist guard a bit so wearing gloves plus wrist guards was a plus not to mention knee pads especially the left.

My recent visit to the optometrist reveals a freckle (melanocytes) on one eye. I doubt the freckle is a big health care issue for now but my FP encouraged me to pay off my credit card bill for the newly purchased eyewear which arrives in a few days.

FP was really low speed...Monster looks just fine.....my shirt lost a few buttons.

You must be enjoying the new Nikola. I watched your unboxing video with driveway at night while riding in circles stuff.🙂

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Marty BackeYou have established a unique worldwide identity as a leader in electric unicycle riding, repair and testing. 

Now that you have reached high points like Mr Wilson, Mt Baldy base Lodge and (outside of California) Sandia Peak (ridge) you are pioneering the techno equivalent of 'peak bagger'.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peak_bagging

Once (one or two summers) an Adirondacks climbing guide for the YMCA, I've known a few peak baggers for the High Peaks area. 

You fit the planning and behavior profile of a 'peak bagger' in terms of prep, planning and goal setting. I mean this in a positive way. Good luck.

While nature hikers dawdle on mountain summit trails soaking up the connection to nature along with the summit goal, the peak bagger' is more summit goal focused and often plans routes to 'bag' several peaks in one adventure.

Why?....

4,000 footer club status in the Northeast

Adirondacks

https://m.facebook.com/groups/adk46ers/?ref=group_header&view=group

Appalachian mountain club (AMC) 

http://www.amc4000footer.org/

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Marty BackeI have a book called 'Ghosts on Everest' which documents the search for George Mallory's body atop Everest. His 1924 summit (attempt) is also the focus of the book.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Mallory

Could he have reached the summit in 1924 and fallen on the way down or did he fall attempting to reach the summit? These perspectives are discussed in the book.

In any event the book's authors found his body and identified it as Mallory from personal items found at the site and on the body. While he might not have been a peak bagger' he was surely driven to top Everest and his death, frozen in time is seen in a couple of pictures taken at the site.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAEvJoGnnK2SXG8MSF5s5YUUHHHECSEoCCADFNpkHnW2gra4DWgA

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1oeDLJ4meH92z2N2VkZp

 

It's kind of a grim reminder of when something pushed too hard goes wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bob Eisenman said:

@Marty BackeYou have established a unique worldwide identity as a leader in electric unicycle riding, repair and testing. 

Now that you have reached high points like Mr Wilson, Mt Baldy base Lodge and (outside of California) Sandia Peak (ridge) you are pioneering the techno equivalent of 'peak bagger'.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peak_bagging

Once (one or two summers) an Adirondacks climbing guide for the YMCA, I've known a few peak baggers for the High Peaks area. 

You fit the planning and behavior profile of a 'peak bagger' in terms of prep, planning and goal setting. I mean this in a positive way. Good luck.

While nature hikers dawdle on mountain summit trails soaking up the connection to nature along with the summit goal, the peak bagger' is more summit goal focused and often plans routes to 'bag' several peaks in one adventure.

Why?....

4,000 footer club status in the Northeast

Adirondacks

https://m.facebook.com/groups/adk46ers/?ref=group_header&view=group

Appalachian mountain club (AMC) 

http://www.amc4000footer.org/

 

Very funny Bob. This does make me think that I should ride up Pikes Peak when I get the opportunity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Smoother said:

Awesome photo.  Love the rock strata in the ridge behind you and the perilous looking lip 3 feet behind you, and the vista, and, and, and.  Fantastic.  I'm going to start calling you Ansel Adams.

Thanks 😊. That was a perilous cliff behind me - which is why I was 3-feet from it :-)

Thank the visiting German couple who took this particular photo for me 👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Very funny Bob. This does make me think that I should ride up Pikes Peak when I get the opportunity

I was thinking the same thing, having grown up in Colorado Springs.  I'm planning to visit old friends and get them hooked on the EUC then ride in the mountains.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

49 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Very funny Bob

Although ..... I've never seen a peak bagger' wearing a helmet, body armor and flowing cape.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Marty Backemy parents were wwii era racists, I have no black friends ...my neice, who worked in Africa for some time , is marrying a Jamaican man (in Jamaica) in the fall.....do you have any thoughts on interracial marriage? She's chosen this fellow:

https://www.facebook.com/greggr

Her Dad passed away from cancer after years ago.

Edited by Bob Eisenman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

@Marty Backemy parents were wwii era racists, I have no black friends ...my neice, who worked in Africa for some time , is marrying a Jamaican man (in Jamaica) in the fall.....do you have any thoughts on interracial marriage? She's choosen this fellow:

https://www.facebook.com/greggr

Her Dad passed away from cancer after years ago.

Not really. A bit outside my bailiwick :-)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, pico said:

Experimenting with V10F "Beaver Tail" slalom aerodynamics.

2101640184_V10Faero00.thumb.jpg.47b64319987b9c78c0824cb0b97da146.jpg

 

573743815_V10Faero0.thumb.jpg.dcb078b34c55d1a21aa243df02a7b153.jpg

 

33858670_V10Faero1.thumb.jpg.017f121cb4684a18c787c41417081229.jpg

 

733677231_V10Faero3.thumb.jpg.f1bb915556d92974bb119912543cf5b0.jpg

Strong stuff! :thumbup:  Soon you will be testing the limits. 

48039878787_537055db9e_b.jpg

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, RoadRunner said:

Had a nice ride with my sister today, she is getting better and better.

We found a little oasis in the middle of nowhere, only big villas with a sea and boats on it, couldn’t believe my eyes. It was like a different world.

 60DF0361-70D7-4518-A970-81214F65F03F.thumb.jpeg.c9f5407b935f9674753ef4be74da97fc.jpeg

Cool, must be great fun to teach and ride with your sister! 

BTW, if riding that near water, I'd definitely consider a tether/leash... Wouldn't want those gorgeous Kingsongs falling going for an unexpected dive! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...