Voltage PowerSupply/ Charging connector MSuper V2

I'm having difficulties with my new MSuper. After the 5th charging it looks like I get voltage drops (LED indicator goes down to 1LED and beeps). This after 50 m with very moderate/ slow speed/ fully charged. Looks like less than one battery pack works. 

I had the feeling today that the battery gets better and better after riding and specially after downhill tracks (correct charging voltage). So I did sone measuring after 1h tour.

The MSuper comes with the fan less power supply. This is advertised with 67.2 V and I measure without load 104 V. On the charging connector of the Gotway I measure 86-104 V which looks to high. A reference measure at the IPS power supply shows 67.2 V so the multimeter should be fine.

Can someone give me a reference measure of his MSuper/ power supply.

I keep the MSuper untouched now.

On 25/03/2016 at 3:44 PM, OliverH said:

Can someone give me a reference measure of his MSuper/ power supply.

67,2 volts for my power supply.

And something between 66.8 volts and 52.8 volts for my MSuper2, depending on its charge.

Just now, sbouju said:

67,2 volts for my power supply.

And something between 66.8 volts and 52.8 volts for my MSuper2, depending on its charge.

Thanks. I get a replacement of battery and charger. Thanks to the brilliant service of 1RadWerkstatt. Your values are what I expected and what is advertised on the charger. As the value I measured would blow the mainboard there's something wrong with my multimeter but the problems of my battery exists, voltage drop in seconds.

• 4 weeks later...

I made a first ride with the replacement battery pack and the first charging today. The LEDs still come down fast on inclines but not to one LED immediately and no beeping. I was very cautios on riding as I was not sure how it reacts. It comes back to 4 LEDs immediately when load goes down. That wasn't so before.
As I replaced the batteries one of the charger ports on one battery fall apart as I removed the tape. It wasn't plugged correctly together. Maybe it never charged the batteries full as it only charged one pack and made a energy transfer to the second battery pack and stopped charging to early.

I ordered an additional battery to 880 Wh from 1RadWerkstatt to improve the behaviour that the MSuper can handle my weight better.

So looks good now. Have a look on the next real tour. Just started the planing for a nice trip in france.

Archived