GotWay 2016 new 16 inch model ACM Specifications

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

Also, many will ask this most popular question:

Will the ACM-16 provide a tilt-back safety feature once the unit exceeds the maximum speed in case the rider ignores all the warning beeps?

You may set the tilt back speed via the APP, or you may cancel the warning alarm via the APP.

APP.jpg

Just now, SlowMo said:

The tilt-back setting in the app is only up to 24km/h. So won't there be any tilt-back in case of over speeding above 24km/h?

This is the app of MCM4, and maybe in the near future, we will make a new app which is allowed to set the tilt-back speed above 24km/h. Thanks for your kind suggestion!

Just now, Linneaunicycles said:

This is the app of MCM4, and maybe in the near future, we will make a new app which is allowed to set the tilt-back speed above 24km/h. Thanks for your kind suggestion!

Please ask you engineers to provide more safety by not allowing the motor to cut-off when the speed exceeds the limit. This is why many forum members buy the Kingsong brand.

4 hours ago, SlowMo said:

Please ask you engineers to provide more safety by not allowing the motor to cut-off when the speed exceeds the limit. This is why many forum members buy the Kingsong brand.

Right, max speed in specification should be more accurately titled as Faceplant speed :) .

6 hours ago, Linneaunicycles said:

Making a new App will not change the firmware programming. For the ACM16 in production you should already know what are the settings the user / App can change and if is possible to modify the alarms / tilt settings. As you should already know when a firmware update is required.

The first results will soon be available on the forums, so you should think about it before making a 1000 wheels and be more precise if you want to sell them. Some people have already sold their MCM4 and bought KS14 or pre-order the KS16 because of the limited choice of speed available in the App for the warning bip and tiltback.

20 kg is really heavy, MAX means it is for the 820Wh ? or is it just that it have not been weighted yet ?

I for one, would like to understand the got way logic for making the tiltback adjustable to 24kph only and no tiltback if going faster.  As ridiculous as it seems there may be some thought process behind it. It is possible that gotway considers up to 24 kph something like a "novice" mode and faster than 24 the expert mode. Being a novice and going slow one would need a feature like a high speed tiltback. Me, for example, after riding 3000km, I've learned to gauge the speed I'm going at without the beeps or tiltback. Don't get me wrong , I still like the fact that the high speed tiltback is there, but for an expert rider this may not matter that much as he should take responsibility for the way he rides and doesn't need certain novice level safeties as by nature of what he might be, he may want to be able to push the wheel to the limit. I'd like Gotway to comment on this? Is this the logic behind the current setup? I'm not saying it's the best set up in terms of the marketing, but it's the only logic that makes some kind of sense to me.

10 hours ago, Linneaunicycles said:

That has to be a " WE will Do" ....Not a "maybe"!!!

what Do you want with a 45kmh Wheel that has a Tilt-back at Max 24 kmh????

its useless...

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

That has to be a " WE will Do" ....Not a "maybe"!!!

what Do you want with a 45kmh Wheel that has a Tilt-back at Max 24 kmh????

its useless...

Is 45 km/h the right way to go? Faceplanting at that speed is not what I want to do every day :(

Having a lot power is a safety feature but not high speed.

Max Load 100kgs

kgs???? kilogram per seconds :D;)...well, kg is enough to abbreviate kilogram

Motor Power 1500W (peak around 3000W)

We know about wheels 800W nominal/3000W peak (KS14C and GW MCM4HS), shouldn't we have 1500W nominal with more peak power?

@Linneaunicycles, another suggestion would be to correct the speed value reported by the wheel/app. as several users of this forum have accurately measured (not only GPS measurements, but also using bicycle computers or video analysis counting wheel turns) all Gotway wheels so far show the speed as 10-15% higher than the real speed.

Will there be different motor versions for this wheel ?like for the 18 msuper high torque type 3, Ms type 2, and HS type 1. 

How does the torque of the 16 ACM compare to the torque of the 18 type 3 high torque? Which is best for steep hill climbing for a heavy person?

On 2016/3/25 at 5:49 AM, Tomek said:

@Linneaunicycles, another suggestion would be to correct the speed value reported by the wheel/app. as several users of this forum have accurately measured (not only GPS measurements, but also using bicycle computers or video analysis counting wheel turns) all Gotway wheels so far show the speed as 10-15% higher than the real speed.

Yes, the real speed will be slower than our APP. Our APP has not the function of locating as other app which counted the speed according to the GPS location, the app calculate the speed from the cycling rolls of the wheels, the higher pressure of the wheel, the more accurate the speed shown on the app. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Linneaunicycles said:

Yes, the real speed will be slower than our APP. Our APP has not the function of locating as other app which counted the speed according to the GPS location, the app calculate the speed from the cycling rolls of the wheels, the higher pressure of the wheel, the more accurate the speed shown on the app. Thanks!

I know, but even with full tire pressure and a very light rider, the speed of your app is 10% higher than the actual riding speed (measured accurately by counting wheel rotations using a cycle computer).

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jed said:

If compared Gw ACM16 to Msuper which one better?the spec for the ACM16 is better than msuper!

ACM motor is more powerful than Msuper, more faster speed, but Msuper is bigger wheel, more fit to off-road. Choose different models depends on personal requirement. Thanks!

The safety of an EUC is strictly related to the rider type... and for this reason  a MCM4 (or a generic EUC) could be more safe of a KS14:D

Not all the EUC riders want every day more power to get more speed, I think that an EUC like the mcm4 264wh/340wh at 12/18km can be more safe of a ks at 35/40km.

Unicycle are illegal in my country .I use it to go in the center of the city or in my neighborhood (avoid parking problem),using walkside or bike lane and no needed to o over 12/18km.So the tilt back limit at 24km of a MCM4 is enought high, no matter if the measure is wrong of 2 -3 km/h ..the speed isn't my priority. If I need to go fast I use my car :D

For KS riders the speed is the most important thing ..and for this reason they must buy KS.

Archived