i cant activate my ninebot mini pro

Hello 

I buy a new ninebot mini pro frome china 

I try to active my ninebot its made a beep anf in the app its right that the ninebot is lock

When i try to activate the app write tha i can activate just from a chines mobile phone

What i need to do?

Screenshot_2016-03-24-02-32-04.png

Edited by Sagie Naaman

since March 20 all Ninebot Mini bought for the Chinese market can be activated only from telephone numbers of China, it is trouble. They want that all bought only PRO

but another problems is that Xiaomi Mini should be activated only by Chinese phone No.
 And each Chinese phone No. only can activate three pcs vehicle

Edited by Дмитрий Дмитрий

@??????

(sorry...can Not Quote your russian Alphabet)

But didn't The Thread Opener Talk about Ninebot Mini PRO ???

and for The xiaomi Mini: i now some Guys here in germany operating a xiaomi...

is this also just for minis bought After 20. March?

and:

do you Know this restriction is 100percent true?

i would then give a Warning to German Ninebot Mini Forum...

So odd, ninebot is claiming the pro is for overseas/Europe only, not for Chinese market, but anyone can contest the Asian version are all over the world... Perhaps you downloaded the wrong app? I don't have ninebot mini pro but want one, most likely get Asian version as pro over priced as compared to Asian version...

• 3 weeks later...

Do you have access to a VPN like Private Internet Access?  Maybe turn off your cell service and just connect using WiFi, log into PIA from your phone, select Hong Kong and then run the APP to activate?  Or does it have to have an area code that belongs to one of those areas?  I wonder if something like Vovox or Bluff my call might work.

Edited by HunkaHunkaBurningLove

6 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Do you have access to a VPN like Private Internet Access?  Maybe turn off your cell service and just connect using WiFi, log into PIA from your phone, select Hong Kong and then run the APP to activate?  Or does it have to have an area code that belongs to one of those areas?  I wonder if something like Vovox or Bluff my call might work.

I think latest release of ninebot app mentioned something about activation by SMS in description... Could be that earlier versions can still activate the mini without network. And I am not really sure if the OP not meaning Xiaomi Mini....

• 1 month later...

hello

I got a ninebot mini pro and it was really a pain to activate it.

the first iphone 4 I user does not allowed me to type in the BT code,

then I used a Samsung S3, and this time I was able to connect with the BT pin code, but I was unable to connect to the device.

all info were empty (no battery info, no firmware version etc...), and it constantly asked me to complete training. I was stuck on the first screen, when it ask to jump on the ninebot.

So I tried an ipad mini (wifi only) and all was ok, I was able to complete the training and change the name of the ninebot

Edited by nosys70

This doesn't make sense, quite frankly everyone no matter where should be able to 'unlock' a Pro. It is the Asian mini that the (selfish) Chinese don't want Americans and Europeans to be able to unlock. Your seller should be able to help you 100%... Tablets should not be able to work at all only phones, I don't have iphone so can not help with that... That said, I had the same thing happen in app when I started it and just filled in the required information I have Android phone and live in America, bought the mini, but mostly the 'first' production  vs. thier latest product batch.

Edited by MetricUSA

We were told by Segway that Mini Pro's that were not manufactured for the US market would have problems with the activation.  It is a new policy recently implemented by Ninebot to combat grey import.  

2 minutes ago, Alexey said:

We were told by Segway that Mini Pro's that were not manufactured for the US market would have problems with the activation.  It is a new policy recently implemented by Ninebot to combat grey import.  

A grey import Mini Pro?  :huh:

it will apply not only to Xiaomi Mini from China but also to Mini Pro from China.  Customers also may have problems with they purchase Mini Pro from Europe and bring it to the US (not sure it is would make sense from the price point of view).

Talk about evil, seriously if they don't want people selling them why the hell did THEY sell to every scum on earth under the rock?  Who they hell cares? It is their fault why why market is what it is now, get it on the street so what! And who the hell claimed it will sell for $315? Ninebot! I'm just saying marketing wise, Ninebot just pisses me off... No matter how good the product is...

Edited by MetricUSA
  • Upvote 1

It is difficult to argue with you since you have a point. I am not trying to analyze what happened and why.  The point of this message to say that currently people that bring Xiaomi Mini from China or Mini Pro from Europe may not be able to register it them via app in the United States.  The same is if someone bring US Mini Pro to Europe. 

I got a new mini pro fro UK (don't know where it comes from really).

I activate it with an wifi ipad that has no SIM card.

I got a lot of problem to go through the training, because my first iphone 4 does not display keyboard

when connecting with Bluetooth. (it was because it use iOs 7, I upgraded to iOs 9 and now it is ok).

so I switched to my Samsung S3, but I also got problems, the datas were not displayed (no speed, no firmware version, no remote control).

So I go to my ipad and was able to go through the full activation/training to remove the speed limitation.

I am living in Switzerland and obviously this country is not on the country list for that model.

So,  you do not need a phone number (probably it use location service from your phone/tablet even from wifi)

Now I am contemplating the possibility of firmware upgrade (the phone already asked twice for it) but I read so many horror stories about firmware

upgrade that I think I will stick to the good old "don't try to fix something that is not broken"

Edited by nosys70

S3 in old, don't know of the problems with the upgrading, but I would, you will still be a os or two behind, even my S4 in old but I was able to use only wifi/Bluetooth connections, don't have cellar plan...yes ether p# &\or email will active it, I used just email, though I thought I put in p# but it is not in profile...

Edited by MetricUSA

• 3 months later...

I have activated Ninebot (xiaomi) Mini with 1.2.8 firmware. Planning to update to 1.3.1, but I'm afraid to loose my activation..

Do you know if I need to reactivate it after firmware upgrade? I don't  have a chinese phone number so new activation would be a big problem for me.

17 minutes ago, ALN said:

I have activated Ninebot (xiaomi) Mini with 1.2.8 firmware. Planning to update to 1.3.1, but I'm afraid to loose my activation..

Do you know if I need to reactivate it after firmware upgrade? I don't  have a chinese phone number so new activation would be a big problem for me.

No need to activate again. It's a first time activation.

Fw 1.2.8 not safe to ride on. I would update asap.

• 7 months later...

I'm having the same problem. Have a xaiomi ninebot mini. Can't activate it without o Asia phone number seller is shipping out a sim card. I highly doubtful that was phone will be compatible. She said she wasn't sure. But that is what the Xaiomi engineer's told her to do.

Screenshot_20170420-015530.png

On 4/25/2017 at 7:24 AM, Bill13204 said:

I'm having the same problem. Have a xaiomi ninebot mini. Can't activate it without o Asia phone number seller is shipping out a sim card. I highly doubtful that was phone will be compatible. She said she wasn't sure. But that is what the Xaiomi engineer's told her to do.

Screenshot_20170420-015530.png

is it really cheaper than buying it from Amazon? miniPRO costs USD599 now and you can have the proper local service and warranty.