Any news about a coming GT16?

sbouju

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎29‎.‎11‎.‎2016 at 6:59 AM, swvision said:

Better go here:

High reputated seller, Price is including Transport AND all custom fees:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Rockwheel-GT16-powered-unicycle-global-booking-84-v-voltage-858-wh-speed-surprise-Electric-bicycle-mini/1748730_32772917120.html

• 1 month later...
On 09/08/2016 at 7:13 PM, OliverH said:

On a moderate speed my experience is: Advertised Wh * 0.8 (usable Wh) * 0.08 = distance in km

170 Wh * 0.8 * 0.08 = 10.88 km

130 Wh * 0.8 * 0.08 = 8.32 km

This is a best case value if you don't want to limit yourself to walking speed to archive more km. Speeds above 12 km/h will eat some more km distance. Tire pressure is the basics for good distances.

On 09/08/2016 at 8:11 PM, Johey said:

Many good tips here, thanks! It sounds like my X8 and the battery is just fine then. I will make whatever optimizations I can. Perhaps my best shot would be losing a few kilos, but that's easier said than done... Especially when taking the wheel instead of walking. :lol:

Given that the pre-scratched and fairly cheap X8 has been a great learning wheel (now severely scratched), what would you suggest for my next one? One with better capacity, obviously. Added bonus if I can buy it in a Swedish store. I'll ride my X8 yet another while, but I doubt it's my last wheel.

Keep your X8 is it among the best safest wheel out there. If you bend your need every now and then over bump and hump you will not overwork the gyro and save some watts here and speed will be more uniform..at about 14km/h

btw I am riding an X8 too after going a big round using more powerful and big battery..if your journey between points is under 15km..this is the best to ride.. beyond that go for coffee stop and charge the battery in 30minsbyiu can get 60% in?

2 sample of GT16 are now at urban360 shop for testing. There are some pictures at https://forum.urban360.com/index.php?/topic/1591-rockwheel-gt16-un-retour-en-force/&do=findComment&comment=31141

IMG_0039.JPG

Official delivery in France is forseen for the begining of March...

13 hours ago, swvision said:

It looks nice put the range is very bad. If rockwheel is going to compete with Gotway they will need at least 1000wh+ they could fit an extra battery pack where there is a hole for the handle.

But then there would be no handle..? And it would get much heavier too.. How heavy is the 1300/1600Wh ACM by the way?

Competition is great and this seems to target the higher performance market dominated by GW and KS. However I would take the power rating with a grain of salt as the standard peak is usually a 3x figure of the nominal. For example the KS16S has 1200W nominal but they have not given a peak rating, if that's a conservative and realistic rating it should handle peaks of 3600W. The 84V GWs have 1500W nominal and the new Msuper did go up to 4500W in that dynanometer test! The older ACM had a 1500W nominal but only 3000W peak, more like this GT16.. This ratio of 2000W nominal and only 3000W peak is even smaller, it could be 6000W peak but why is it not? Is it geared for super high torque over top speed or what's going on? Is the motor overpowered, or looking at it from the other way the control board or the batteries are underpowered? I don't know... Maybe those six parallell packs (1300/1600Wh) in the GWs are needed for more power than 3000W?

The retractable mudflap is pretty nice making it more compact than having a bigger shell! Is there any official trolley for this wheel?

16 hours ago, swvision said:

It looks nice put the range is very bad. If rockwheel is going to compete with Gotway they will need at least 1000wh+ they could fit an extra battery pack where there is a hole for the handle.

unfortunately they just used 2900mah cells....if they would have used the 3500mah cells the batterie would be about 1036Wh....

3 hours ago, nomad said:

The retractable mudflap is pretty nice making it more compact than having a bigger shell! Is there any official trolley for this wheel?

yes.....you can find fotos on aliexpress seller rockwheel store....

4 hours ago, nomad said:

Is there any official trolley for this wheel?

Seems to be add-on, ala ACM.

16113931_1847780648839033_8365708592206616142587_1847780628839035_3881544808720816142633_1847780618839036_56477512311948

Love the compactness of the GT16, relatively the same size as some 14" wheels!

I think they're aiming for that market, not the super long distance 1000wh+ class of EUC wheels. AliExpress prices hovering around $1K USD also reflect this.

16178702_1793606590904505_33606318551940

Here's a picture of the "rod" (trolley) retracted it looks much better than the ACM trolley, not sticking out so much! But it looks like the handle is blocking the tail light. Nice pictures with it extended, so it's a 3 level telescopic handle, looks plenty long enough to be used comfortably for western riders, good stuff.

Rockwheel-GT16-rod.jpg_640x640.jpg

The claimed 2000W nominal spec is a little hard to believe because it's a Rockwheel and where were they lately? But, this GT16 seems to have been in the works for a pretty long time, so maybe it really delivers after all! If so we might have the most powerful wheel on the market here I think. Because if the top speed is lower than the next KS18 (also with 2000W) then it might use a motor winded for more torque. Lower top speed makes sense on a smaller wheel diameter. Just going from 18" to 16" gives 13% extra torque due to physics and then add a higher torque motor too! I'm just curious if their batteries and control board can handle it..

These open wheel designs are very compact but can be too dirty for bringing onto crowded public transport, or placed standing under the legs in front of the seat on the train, bus etc... That's where the covered shells are better (if they're not too big/tall like the V8). It would be great to see another successful high performance 16" option not only KS16S or ACM.

Hey all. I found the cheapest price to pre-order here: http//monocycle-electrique.com/shop/rockwheel-gt16/59-rockwheel-gt16-pre-commande-.html

I've been planning to upgrade my power and performance from my Inmotion SCV3s, and after comparing with the ACM16, (it even costs less than their 820wh version), it seems that I'd get more bang for the buck. Just sayin.

14 minutes ago, Coffee guy said:

Hey all. I found the cheapest price to pre-order here: http//monocycle-electrique.com/shop/rockwheel-gt16/59-rockwheel-gt16-pre-commande-.html

I've been planning to upgrade my power and performance from my Inmotion SCV3s, and after comparing with the ACM16, (it even costs less than their 820wh version), it seems that I'd get more bang for the buck. Just sayin.

ATTENTION!

This is only the 67/60 volt 680wh version! Not the really highspeed 84 Volt version....which has 858wh or so....

67 Volt version is said to be 10-15kmh slower and all videos seen until now are about 84 volt version...

this add even says the 84 volt version is 1490 euro in the very last sentence.....

On 1/21/2017 at 4:27 AM, nomad said:

But then there would be no handle..? And it would get much heavier too.. How heavy is the 1300/1600Wh ACM by the way?

My GW is 1600Wh and 84v and it is heavy even if you have muscles like me. you rarely need to lift it though. I think all manufacturers should increase battery capacity for safety from unexpected cut-offs. The primary reason I bought an 84v and high battery capacity was for it's safety.

Also, the heavier the wheel is the harder it is to steal. think about it...Have you seen anymore carry a car by hand or ever motorcycle while it was parked at the store?

16 hours ago, swvision said:

My GW is 1600Wh and 84v and it is heavy even if you have muscles like me. you rarely need to lift it though. I think all manufacturers should increase battery capacity for safety from unexpected cut-offs. The primary reason I bought an 84v and high battery capacity was for it's safety.

Also, the heavier the wheel is the harder it is to steal. think about it...Have you seen anymore carry a car by hand or ever motorcycle while it was parked at the store?

That's a valid point but EUCs are not only for cruising, they're also for portability and tricks like jumping up curbs! It looks they're really going for a compact 16" here. Fitting extra battery packs, and perhaps a beefier control board to go with it, makes it bigger and heavier. For safety a larger wheel diameter is better too.. If it's not the batteries, then it's the control board or the motor, one of these three parts will be a bottleneck. You have to draw a line somewhere or you end up with only GW Monster sized wheels... For me things like portability and versatality make different EUCs shine! Also if portability is lost then there are other vehicles that can be safer, faster and more comfortable. I had both the Msuper v3 (20kg) and the V5F+ (12kg) and I really prefered the lighter more compact and agile wheel, so I sold the Msuper.

Maybe someone can tell how much power in watts can realistically be drawn from 4 parallell 84V packs?

10 minutes ago, nomad said:

Maybe someone can tell how much power in watts can realistically be drawn from 4 parallell 84V packs?

In some Sheets Rockwheel announced the 84Volt Version with 2000Watt nominal and max 3500Watt (3000 for the 67Volt Version)...

But Realistic? Would be the rated 10 Amps of that Batterie cell at 84V = 840Watt, that multipied with 4 is 3360 Watt.

The 6 parallel packs of the 84Volt V3s+ did on the russian Dynamo test belt a 4700 Watt, what goes near to the theoretic value of: 10*84*6= 5040Watt

5 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

In some Sheets Rockwheel announced the 84Volt Version with 2000Watt nominal and max 3500Watt (3000 for the 67Volt Version)...

But Realistic? Would be the rated 10 Amps of that Batterie cell at 84V = 840Watt, that multipied with 4 is 3360 Watt.

The 6 parallel packs of the 84Volt V3s+ did on the russian Dynamo test belt a 4700 Watt, what goes near to the theoretic value of: 10*84*6= 5040Watt

Good explanation, it seems we have a battery bottleneck here.. So this is why wheels with 4 packs won't do more than 3000-3500W peak. Probably the GT16 has a 2000W rated motor (maybe even the same one as the upcoming KS18?) and that's where the nominal spec comes from. I hope the control board has good cooling on this wheel!

16 minutes ago, nomad said:

Good explanation, it seems we have a battery bottleneck here.. So this is why wheels with 4 packs won't do more than 3000-3500W peak

Thanx! For example KS 16 i always argue it can bring more than 10Amp * 67 Volt * 4 = 2680 Watt.....

10 Amp is the rated continuos max Amp draw.....some People argue for "short time" this batteries are able to bring more amps...up to 20, that would Change the math totally!

But i personaly think the batterie-type used are not even very good for a 10Amp draw and the Praxistest of the russians proved that also....No 67 Volt 4 series packs wheel was able to deliver 3000Watt in the Dynamo test

On 03/21/2016 at 0:27 PM, esaj said:

For specs little information except that the batteries spend in 100v instead of the usual 60V with 96 18650 cells. this would 3.7vx x 96 = 2900mA 1030wh.

That sounds interesting... wonder if it's faster then?

This is pretty interesting as four 100V packs would be up to ~1250Wh capacity and ~4000W peak power (24s4p). Maybe in a future version! I guess too expensive and risky for now, plus offering too many versions can get confusing for customers. Found a video showing how to remove the battery packs.. Kind of looks like 24-cell packs might have been the original plan?

I will relay information from the french forum for the benefit of all. Original thread here

The wheel is under demo and test @ 3 paris shop and feedback from wheelers are very positive when it comes to the use and sensations while riding. Powerful, compact, surprisingly "small" (despite it is a 16", it looks like a 14"), nevertheless a store dismantled the wheel and here is their feedback :

- Very difficult to open the wheel (a disadvantage in case of necessary maintenance)

IMG_0091.JPG

IMG_0092.JPG

IMG_0093.JPG

IMG_0094.JPG

IMG_0095.JPG

IMG_0096.JPG

IMG_0097.JPG

IMG_0098.JPG

IMG_0099.JPG

IMG_0100.JPG

IMG_0101.JPG

IMG_0102.JPG

IMG_0103.JPG

IMG_0104.JPG

IMG_0105.JPG

IMG_0106.JPG

Most important defects noticed (see original thread for more info) :

- Pads needs to be removed to open. pads are bonded with glue. need to use a cutter to remove them....

- To access mother board and disconnect the connectors, small plexiglass part needs to be broken

- Opening on the side are probably a dust trap and some isolated cables are visible

- Some part are bonded with silicon

- The mud protector is not easy to open/retract and scrubs against the tire

- pedals extremely slippery - to modify - a must

On the electronic part of the wheel, further analysis are necessary, but quality seems to be there. 

Double charge port is awsome

Power of the wheel is incredible, algorythm excellent, but a wheel is not only that but also reliability, safeties and a minimum of clever design for the maintenance.

They conclude that as such they will not commercialize the wheel because some parts needs to be compulsory changed and some redesigned to ease the potential repairs and maintenance wich is today so complex that they do not want to take the risk to sell it.

Again, original thread (in french) here

Modifié vendredi à 21:32 par Urban360

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, swvision said:

I have to say I really like the sound of this wheel. I wonder when it's going to be sold. MUST. NOT. BUY. ANOTHER. WHEEL  :shock2:

Archived