UK, Petition to allow electric self balancing boards & Unicycles

Keith

I can't see that anybody has flagged this here before but I found a petition on Project 42's blog page to legalise EUC's etc in the UK.

https://www.change.org/p/george-eustice-mp-david-cameron-mp-rt-hon-patrick-mcloughlin-to-review-the-laws-of-using-electric-self-balancing-boards-and-unicycles-in-public-places?recruiter=512490860&utm_campaign=signature_receipt&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition

i hope all the UK members will sign this.

• 7 months later...

I tried to sign it but it's closed now. What happened to it? Did anything change regarding legality.

We barely have any cops on the streets these days, the streets of England are almost lawless. I live on a busy road.  It seems that one in 20 cars and one in three motorcycles/ scooters have illegal and very loud exhausts. And one out of  40 is belching smoke from its poorly maintained Diesel engine. It makes people angry, disturbs the peace and generally erodes the fabric of society when selfish thoughtless people are allowed to tear around, breaking  the "sound and smoke barrier " and no one is there to give them a ticket or better yet, confiscate their machines. But have someone glide by on an EUC, and OH MY GOD !!! What criminals. 6 points, confiscate that infernal machine. It's moves by magic, they must be witches, burn them at the stake.  

Archived