Unexpected shut down

Trant

I just want to put it out there that my Airwheel X3 has shut down unexpectedly four times now.  I have been badly hurt.  You are merrily going down the street and then fall flat on your face.  Absolutely nothing you can do about it.  I don't trust the unit anymore and want a full refund (the unit was only 4 weeks old when I first experienced this).  The company I bought the unit from Airwheel.com are being unhelpful.  They didn't respond to my emails for some time and now the burden is on me to get the unit up there for them to have a look.

Would be interested to hear other peoples experiences of this.

Since they are praising the safety and the great technology of their products here, they can maybe show also how great the support of airwheel is!

in this forum we have already seen many very supportive dealers fron other brands !

Does it happen when the battery starts to run down ?

It may be you are expecting too much from the battery for the conditions you are using it.

If it is cold and you are heavy this will also work against the machine.

Maybe the motor on this machine is a bit on the small side?

It happened to me, I assumed I could run the battery to a low level without issue and   had wipe outs.

Since I have been more careful with state of the battery.

I also got  a better quality battery.

Fingers crossed and double crossed , I go a bit  faster and haven't had issues since.

These things are not quite so straight forward, but here is the best place to learn about the finer details, well this is where I have learnt the most, and been well advised come to think of it.

Jer

Jer

Thanks for this guys.  I had only had the Airwheel a month when I first dived to the pavement.  The company that sold it to me are being very unhelpful and now want to charge me for new switchgear.  I want to take issue with this and would be grateful for any experiences you have had that I could show them.  I don't think that it is right that they are saying I am responsible for a fault in their machine.  

I have seen that quite a few of you have had this problem and they need to fix it.

Sorry no - i never drove an airwheel, and i never experienced a shutdown *knockingonwood*. It's all from the reports about shutdowns in combination with the discussions with the other members from here.

Imho you should PM (or write in their reports) the airwheel drivers who reported problems/shutdown here and talk with them directly.

A friend of @adhermes had a shutdown once with a ninebot and imho ?trying to sue/sues? ninebot - maybe he can share some points with you (whats maybe complicated in an ongoing case...)

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Felipe Rabshara said:

A question, when you have a shutdown, the unit suddenly stops (gets stucked)? Or you are left free wheel with the speed you ended up before shutdown?

If the second case is the one, then how is it dangerous?

Thanks

because there is no other wheel to balance you.

2 hours ago, Felipe Rabshara said:

A question, when you have a shutdown, the unit suddenly stops (gets stucked)? Or you are left free wheel with the speed you ended up before shutdown?

If the second case is the one, then how is it dangerous?

Thanks

Felipe you are kind off thinking bicycle here, I.e. No power so it just coasts along. Oh no, no such luck! As @SlowMorather succinctly put it, you don't have another wheel. 

It is the torque from the motor that makes the peddles feel rigid, the instant the power goes, the peddles become floppy in a forwards/backwards direction and you get tipped off every bit as effectively as if you were standing on a trap door when it is released; or more accurately like standing on a trap door at the back of a bus moving at 25kph when it is released :-(

This is probably pretty close to what it's like when the power goes... except you're already standing on top, probably leaning one way or another, trusting the wheel to balance you, and suddenly it works like that "impossible wheel" :P  Edit: and that thing probably weighs like a kilo, vs. 10-18kg for an EUC. It's a "bit" harder to control that much mass without power ;)

There was a guy that made a 'beanpole' to use with longboard, might be crazy enough to use with impossible wheel, not...

I have q3 and did a couple of fp's, but pretty sure all because of over lean, wheel never 'turned off', then again because of the slow speed they are, I am always riding it in tilt mode, top most speed, reason I need a faster wheel....

Archived