MCM4 or Gotway Msuper 18

Hi All,

Originally I was hoping to get the msuper 18 but I cannot justify the price for it.

What I wanted to know was is there any major difference between the two apart from speed? How good is the MCM4?

The cheapest I've seen the MCM4 on aliexpress is £627 for the 680wh. Is this a good price? I'm from the UK

Thanks

Hy,

the difference ist the wheel size (16 to 18) and the Motor( 800Watt to 1000Watt)....MCM4 only good for street...not in the "wild"

£627 is about 800 Euro...this is to good to be true!!! What with custom and freight?

And Attention...there is MCM4 Version1 and MCM Version 2 HS(Highspeed)....Version 1 is with paddle to near at the ground!

Version 2 is better.....

I would recommend to buy from a trustable european seller like www.eroue.fr or  www.electro-Sport.de

There you have the newest Modell, free sending to UK and garantie on the wheel and Batterie pack!

On 18. März 2016 at 3:55 PM, Beeny said:

appreciate the info. Why isn't is good for the wild? because of the size of the wheel?

Because The case is 

a very Near to The ground...so Could Touch the surface much easier than other wheel

b because The case is very Near to The Tyre/wheel, so that smale Stones or Little wood can Block The Tyre in worst case

• 1 month later...

I'm likely going to go with the MCM4, but my deciding which to get is certainly not easy.

MCM4

Very agile: This makes recovering from bumps and misdirection a breeze, but I would recommend adding skate tape to the pedals so that your feet stay on, as your feet might otherwise slip off. If the MCM4 is anything like the MCM3, and it is, then it's fully capable of handling off road terrain. As @KingSong69 pointed out, the shell is a bit low to the ground, but I don't see that being a big issue with it being near to the wheel itself. If you go with the newer HS model, the pedal height won't be an issue either. I have yet to see a report of debris jamming the wheel, but I suppose it could happen. Yet if debris does get in there, it will be more likely to stay stuck inside of the shell instead of just falling out. If your tires are not fully pressurized, this will be less of an issue

Very fast: The MCM4 HS model is just about as fast as the MSuper HS model at nearly 40km/h (app speed) with only an 800 watt motor. This compares to the MSuper's 1000 watt motor. The lower power motor will be better for the health of the batteries and the range. Both of the HS models respectively are low torque, and I'd feel safer on a smaller wheel with low torque than a larger wheel with comparable torque, simply because the smaller wheel can accelerate faster in a pinch. In addition to this, the MCM4 is less likely to have over heating issues under extreme conditions.

Light weight and convenient: It will be less of a chore to carry it around with you wherever you go, such as loading it up in a car or a bus.

Design: The design is very aesthetically pleasing (especially the black version imo) but it's more sensitive to getting scraped up and looking damaged. They're both just about as durable, though, I'd say. The LED lights are fun, too.

Lower cost: The Msuper will cost over a $100 more, with the price increasing with the larger battery packs. Regardless of whichever wheel you choose, I'd recommend going with the highest battery capacity that you can get with each. In the long run, you will be glad that you did.

MSuper

Great for comfort and smooth riding: Especially when riding over rough terrain. It won't take as much focus on riding as a result. It can just run right over most small obstacles without really jolting the rider. If you want to really admire the scenery, then that's a reason to go with the MSuper. Plus, it has larger pedals which are very nice, but your feet will still get sore from riding on them after some distance. By it having a larger wheel, the ride will be more stable, but again,you will have less agility. As a result, if you do somehow get knocked off course, it will be harder to recover. Plus, it will also be harder to stall or ride at a snail's pace on the MSuper.

A wheel of monstrous proportions: People will actually feel dread with your passing. And in my opinion, I think this is a bad thing, but it might just be the sort of attention that you want. In addition to it being large, it will also be louder. Some have complained about this particular high pitched noise when riding the MSuper.

The fastest: Enough said; actually the ACM is probably a little bit faster. Between the ACM and the MSuper, I'd go with the MSuper.

On a side note: There's a new MSuper model in the works, you might want to wait to go with that instead of the MSuper that is currently available.

I'm buying directly from @Linneaunicycles, a person at Gotway and a Gotway representative, who has been very helpful with answering all of my many questions, and as such I trust her more than many of the other sellers out there to uphold good business practices.

On 2016/4/30 at 2:12 AM, Vihtori said:

Hello, two versions of MCM4 are in the same case, just different in the motor and the max speed, so you'd better to check from seller which version do they sell.

On 2016/4/30 at 2:25 AM, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

I wish they had the MCM4 in a 16 inch tire option.

:) A 14 inch case can not hold a 16 inch tire.

22 hours ago, WakefulTraveller said:

I'm likely going to go with the MCM4, but my deciding which to get is certainly not easy.

MCM4

Very agile: This makes recovering from bumps and misdirection a breeze, but I would recommend adding skate tape to the pedals so that your feet stay on, as your feet might otherwise slip off. If the MCM4 is anything like the MCM3, and it is, then it's fully capable of handling off road terrain. As @KingSong69 pointed out, the shell is a bit low to the ground, but I don't see that being a big issue with it being near to the wheel itself. If you go with the newer HS model, the pedal height won't be an issue either. I have yet to see a report of debris jamming the wheel, but I suppose it could happen. Yet if debris does get in there, it will be more likely to stay stuck inside of the shell instead of just falling out. If your tires are not fully pressurized, this will be less of an issue

Very fast: The MCM4 HS model is just about as fast as the MSuper HS model at nearly 40km/h (app speed) with only an 800 watt motor. This compares to the MSuper's 1000 watt motor. The lower power motor will be better for the health of the batteries and the range. Both of the HS models respectively are low torque, and I'd feel safer on a smaller wheel with low torque than a larger wheel with comparable torque, simply because the smaller wheel can accelerate faster in a pinch. In addition to this, the MCM4 is less likely to have over heating issues under extreme conditions.

Light weight and convenient: It will be less of a chore to carry it around with you wherever you go, such as loading it up in a car or a bus.

Design: The design is very aesthetically pleasing (especially the black version imo) but it's more sensitive to getting scraped up and looking damaged. They're both just about as durable, though, I'd say. The LED lights are fun, too.

Lower cost: The Msuper will cost over a $100 more, with the price increasing with the larger battery packs. Regardless of whichever wheel you choose, I'd recommend going with the highest battery capacity that you can get with each. In the long run, you will be glad that you did.

MSuper

Great for comfort and smooth riding: Especially when riding over rough terrain. It won't take as much focus on riding as a result. It can just run right over most small obstacles without really jolting the rider. If you want to really admire the scenery, then that's a reason to go with the MSuper. Plus, it has larger pedals which are very nice, but your feet will still get sore from riding on them after some distance. By it having a larger wheel, the ride will be more stable, but again,you will have less agility. As a result, if you do somehow get knocked off course, it will be harder to recover. Plus, it will also be harder to stall or ride at a snail's pace on the MSuper.

A wheel of monstrous proportions: People will actually feel dread with your passing. And in my opinion, I think this is a bad thing, but it might just be the sort of attention that you want. In addition to it being large, it will also be louder. Some have complained about this particular high pitched noise when riding the MSuper.

The fastest: Enough said; actually the ACM is probably a little bit faster. Between the ACM and the MSuper, I'd go with the MSuper.

On a side note: There's a new MSuper model in the works, you might want to wait to go with that instead of the MSuper that is currently available.

I'm buying directly from @Linneaunicycles, a person at Gotway and a Gotway representative, who has been very helpful with answering all of my many questions, and as such I trust her more than many of the other sellers out there to uphold good business practices.

Thanks for supporting!

Then make a new MCM4 case to fit a 16 inch tire?  :D  You guys have a winning, good looking case design with the MCM4.  Why not alter the shell design slightly for two different wheels and put out 14" and 16" MCM4 products at the same time?  Or do you find that 14" are most popular, and you have an ACM 16" coming out anyways so no need?

5 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Then make a new MCM4 case to fit a 16 inch tire?  :D  You guys have a winning, good looking case design with the MCM4.  Why not alter the shell design slightly for two different wheels and put out 14" and 16" MCM4 products at the same time?  Or do you find that 14" are most popular, and you have an ACM 16" coming out anyways so no need?

I like the look of mcm4 also, but i dont think gotway will make any changes to the shell of the acm any time soon. It has just come out, and it takes time to make changes. Perhaps gotway wanted to emphasize that acm is a model different in many ways which set it apart, and make it more recognizable - not just a more piwerful motor, bigger wheel size but also a different exterior. This approach makes sense and is at the very least very understandable.

5 hours ago, Linneaunicycles said:

Hello, two versions of MCM4 are in the same case,

This is not true ! The MCM4 HS form factor is different at least on four things:

- Pedals are a bit higher (ok you can argue it's not part of the case)
- Pads for the legs are much longer on the HS
- There is more space between the tyre and the case at front and back
- leds have an extra layer of plastic (not totally sure about that but they appear to be deeper)

I know, I have had both.

On 17. März 2016 at 1:19 PM, Beeny said:

Hi All,

Originally I was hoping to get the msuper 18 but I cannot justify the price for it.

What I wanted to know was is there any major difference between the two apart from speed? How good is the MCM4?

The cheapest I've seen the MCM4 on aliexpress is £627 for the 680wh. Is this a good price? I'm from the UK

Thanks

Go with the ACM, best of all.

9 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

ACM is good looking too, but not every one think it is good to look, just like somebody dont like the ninebot one.

Archived