Gotway MCM4 Android app improved

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/31/2016 at 5:45 PM, LEE4ER said:

The application crashes with an error.
Once installed, everything is up and working (all functions not tested). During the next turn on wheel and run the application is crashes. Reloaded smartphone and app normal started and worked.
When in later again turned on the wheel, the app exited with an error even after restarting the phone
If I run the application without BT module in phone and turn on his later, app starts but pairing the phone with the wheel is not happening

The crash on 1.0.2-beta can be solved the same way it is solved for the original app from gotway (happens on that one too). In other words, closing the app and reopening it is not enough.

You have to completely exit the app by pressing the bottom left android phone/table button next to the home button (rather than the back button and definitely not the home button either), and sideswipe the app window to kill the process. Make sure the wheel is off as well. Then, open the app and then turn on the wheel again.

This whole process takes like 10 seconds and works for me.

Original app crashed on my phone only if localization is different from Chinese and English...But not the essence)

The app crash can be solved, if first run the app, and then poweron the wheel. Sometimes it helps off bluetooth ,before running app, but often after that the wheel cannot connect.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the app @mich ! Very Good work :)

She works well on my mcm3 (urban mcm4 in France)  but the app must be start before the weel.

I now can ride without bip to 28 km/h gps with the alarm at 32 km/h on the app (cf vidéo). So my speed diviser is 1, 14.

Is there anyone now the right value for current diviser ?

The vidéo :

I can't seem to get it installed. The install button doesn't do anything. Either version. Is there something I need to do with the source code before I can install the apk?

Screenshot_2016-05-08-08-14-34.png

11 minutes ago, Matrod said:

I can't seem to get it installed. The install button doesn't do anything. Either version. Is there something I need to do with the source code before I can install the apk?

Maybe you need to enable it in your settings if it is android phone, go to settings then security and find Unknown sources and enable that, "Allow installations of apps from unknown sources" maybe that is the problem! 

24 minutes ago, Jug said:
40 minutes ago, Matrod said:

Maybe you need to enable it in your settings if it is android phone, go to settings then security and find Unknown sources and enable that, "Allow installations of apps from unknown sources" maybe that is the problem! 

I wish it were that easy. Unfortunately I already checked that.

• 3 months later...

Hi Guys,

First of all, i would like to thank you for the great job you've done on the app.

I'm just wondering if is it possible to issue a new version of the app that allows you to set the tilt back at higher speed like around 28km/h for exemple??

That will be great unless you think it is too risky to have the tilt back too close the wheel's limit...

Cheers,

Didier

Archived