New Ninebot one E

Rotator

Hello from Spain!!!

I'm new in this forum, but I spent several hours in the last week searching information here.

Two days ago I ordered a ninebot one E. This is my first unicicle in my life. I never have seen one in my city. I suspect that I could be the first one.

Anyway, I have received the wheel today. The package is closed yet. This night I will open it and charge.

I'm very excited so I need to talk to somebody (lol).

I will post my first impression tomorrow if I can.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You ordered your Ninebot two days ago? I ordered mine on 27.4.2015 (37 days ago) and am yet to have it!  ;)  Unless it's shipped to me tomorrow, it won't arrive this week either... :unsure: But any way, congrats on your first wheel! I suggest you wear at least some protection and put some padding on the wheel so it doesn't get scratched (trust me, even if you don't fall, the wheel is going to fall to its side many times)...  ;)  Also read up on the forums, there're lots of good tips and advice on getting started and riding in general. Have fun!

I bought it to a local store (mediamarkt). It was EUR. 698 and two days from its central store at Spain.

Yesterday at night I opened the box. It's very heavy. More than I expected.

I tried to ride at home, in the kitchen. I was rinding in circles around the central table using whatever was at range of my hands, to keep my balance. Near 1 Km. Yes, I spent a lot of time.

It is very dificult to keep the left/right balance, specially in a such small area at very low speeds.

Anyway, I know that it is not a good place to start, but I tried to test the device in a controlled space, before brake or mark the plastic shell in the street. So I could return it in a dislike case.

But not, this was not the case. I liked it very much. It is like to float over the ground. Fantastic!. And I believe that it will be better when I can keep the balance and go where I want.

So I will practice next days. Every day, at least twice a day, so I will train my brain to keep my body balanced for itself.

I will keep updating this post...

Good for you!  Practice is key.  I wish I had more time to ride.  Sounds like you'll be cruising out in public in no time.  Or at least in other rooms of the house!  :)

I have continued to practice at home with no progress at all.

This weekend I decided that this kind of training was not very good, so I went out to practice in a open space, with nothing to grab to keep the balance.

The first day was horrible. Only trying to get up into the wheel. The wheel fell over the ground every time. Fortunately, I had protected it with the adhesive foam.

I thought that to keep balance in this thing is near a nightmare, and I will spend a lot of days before to learn how to ride it.

But this was not the case. The next day I was able to ride it straight more or less without falling. Now I am learning how to brake it and stop very fast. Not very difficult.

I need a lot of more training, basically to learn how to ride it in the direction I want. At this time I can keep balance for about 50 meters or more, but I go where the wheel wants, not me.

Anyway, the conclusion is the fast in the balance learning. One day you can think that you will never be able to ride the wheel, and some hours later you are above the thing without falling. Awesome.

Now I can feel every muscle of my body, because the tension of the keeping balance. Even a lot of muscles I don't knew there were there...
And I have pain in the calfs, just like all people said while learning.

Fantastic!!! I need more. I will keep practicing every day.

I have continued to practice at home with no progress at all.

This weekend I decided that this kind of training was not very good, so I went out to practice in a open space, with nothing to grab to keep the balance.

The first day was horrible. Only trying to get up into the wheel. The wheel fell over the ground every time. Fortunately, I had protected it with the adhesive foam.

I thought that to keep balance in this thing is near a nightmare, and I will spend a lot of days before to learn how to ride it.

But this was not the case. The next day I was able to ride it straight more or less without falling. Now I am learning how to brake it and stop very fast. Not very difficult.

I need a lot of more training, basically to learn how to ride it in the direction I want. At this time I can keep balance for about 50 meters or more, but I go where the wheel wants, not me.

Anyway, the conclusion is the fast in the balance learning. One day you can think that you will never be able to ride the wheel, and some hours later you are above the thing without falling. Awesome.

Now I can feel every muscle of my body, because the tension of the keeping balance. Even a lot of muscles I don't knew there were there...
And I have pain in the calfs, just like all people said while learning.

Fantastic!!! I need more. I will keep practicing every day.

​--- Join our Google+ community: *http://bit.ly/1G48sEs*
* A lot of tips and inside news from Ninebot Inc.

Best advise I can give you at first is, never look down at your wheel, just keep looking where you want to go, and don't bend your back. 

​+1 

Keep your eyes where you want to go. I ran over a lot of dog turds before I realized that I should not stare at stuff that I don't want to hit...

Hi Rotator,

If you're having trouble getting up and running try adjusting your tire pressure. Some people like their tire rock solid while others like it a little softer. As you ride, more often, you'll find the sweet spot that fits you. I, personally, like to keep it at around 45psi for my daily commute. I do drop it to about 35-40psi depending on the situation for the day, usually when I know I'm going into a big crowd and need to go slow, very slow - car show, public events, etc. On the flip side, I also raise it to about 55psi when I know I'm going far and need to get the max mileage out of my battery. 

Do yourself a favor and pick up this Tire Valve Extension. It eliminates you having to take off the LED ring to get to the valve. I picked mine up on ebay for about $5-6 (USD) shipped. Money worth spent. Hope this helps you some.

Cheers

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201163665705?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

9B1-ValveExtender-serpentinegx.jpg

Thank you everybody for your advises. I will buy the valve extension.

Yesterday I practiced a lot. Now I can go wherever I want (more or less). It's amazing the evolution. Every day you learn some new.

Now I can turn slighty in any direction, and I can do closed turns to the right (not to the left yet).

Today I will practice again because I am wanting to get this wheel under control as soon as possible. But first of all, because it's so funny to ride it!!!

Yesterday I learned another new thing: If you are tired, is not a good idea to practice with your wheel. And yesterday I was!

I don't know what will happen in the future, but by now, while learning, I need all my muscles at 100%.

I have practiced only 3km, at least to do not forget all the things I had learned the day before.

I was keeping practicing every day. In twelve days I have 32Km. Most of them achieved in the last week, because the first week I only was getting up over the wheel and falling.

Now I have confidence with the EUC. I can turn and brake, so this past weekend I was able to ride into the city, on sidewalks.

This could be the only EUC in the city, so everybody turns their head to see the miracle of a man hovering over the sidewalk. Even the car drivers look away the road (can you believe it? It's crazy). I don't like this too much, since the cars go where their driver looks, like the EUCs.

The challenge of going up and down in the slopes is a new thing to practice (not very difficult although). The problem arises with the ramps of the sidewalks at the walk across, because they are very short and very sloped. I am afraid of up the ramp very fast, and when I try to go up at low speed, sometimes I can't get it.

Any advise on this?

By the way, I began to ache the inside part of the knees, but they don't make contact with the EUC. It could be due the body twists in order to turn the wheel.

Anyway, this is extremely fun !!!

Counting the time until the next ride...

The challenge of going up and down in the slopes is a new thing to practice (not very difficult although). The problem arises with the ramps of the sidewalks at the walk across, because they are very short and very sloped. I am afraid of up the ramp very fast, and when I try to go up at low speed, sometimes I can't get it.

Any advise on this?

I've been practicing going up and down higher curbstones with the 14" wheel (haven't tried that much with the Firewheel yet), and found out that with too low speed, you usually fail (the wheel cannot climb the stone in very slow speed). Just takes practice to get the speed right (not too high, so in case you fail, you don't end up flying, and not too low, so the wheel still climbs the stone). "Lighten" the wheel a bit by jumping up slightly (while clenching the wheel between your legs) just as you pass the stone, so it can climb it easier.

By the way, I began to ache the inside part of the knees, but they don't make contact with the EUC. It could be due the body twists in order to turn the wheel.

I had aches in my knees when I first started using lock pedals (with bicycle) on longer trips, turned out that the locks were a bit too tight, and forced my feet to be parallel/toes pointing a little bit to the bike frame (like A and B in below picture), after loosening the locks just a little bit, my toes could point a little bit more outwards (like C in the picture below, but not that much), and it stopped aching. So it could be your feet direction, I have my toes pointing outwards just a bit when standing on the pedals.

foot-position-hamstrings.png

Other than that, it could be just that you're using muscles that you don't usually use, and it takes some time for them to strengthen.

Thanks for your advises. 

I will try different speeds over the curbs and I will let you know my conclussions.

About knees pain, I think that you are right about foot positions. Position c is best for me, and yesterday in the evening I felt this position more natural while riding.

I believe that I would be more confortable if I could open more (90º may be), but stability of the feet are not less important, so...   

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Greetings from Spain as well!

I bought last weekend my Ninebot E

I've practiced with it just two days, I'm very clumsy, I haven't seen any progress for now, I have to keep on practicing.

My knees hurt after practice

I think my main problem is that I'm practicing with the help of a fence I now I'm too scare to try it whitout getting it close for grab it

I want to use the rub that comes for protecting it, but I don't know where to stick it, all around? on pedals? 

Thanks

Hi,

Greetings from Spain as well!

I bought last weekend my Ninebot E

I've practiced with it just two days, I'm very clumsy, I haven't seen any progress for now, I have to keep on practicing.

My knees hurt after practice

I used to get sore knees when riding my bike with locking pedals, it turned out that the locks were set to too tight, and the shoes turned my toes pointing more straight or a little bit inwards in comparison to the bike frame. Don't know if it's the case here, but check how your feet are positioned in comparison to this:

A is toes pointed straight, B is toes pointing inwards and C is toes pointing outwards. At least for me, the C position seems best so my legs feel relaxed and my knees don't get sore (maybe my toes aren't pointing as much as in the picture, but they aren't pointing completely straight either).

I want to use the rub that comes for protecting it, but I don't know where to stick it, all around? on pedals? 

Thanks

You can try putting the wheel on the ground in different positions to see which points are most likely to impact the ground and then pad there. This is how I did the padding with the Firewheel:

padd3.jpg

padd4.jpg

Let me help you.

I am the creator of this thread so you can read my progress in the begin posts.

Anyway, in my experience, to learn you must try to mount moving forward, without any help and fall (not falling actually, only dismount the feet to ground).  And leave the ninebot fall as well if you can not grab it with your hands.

First time you can ride only one meter. Second time may be two. And so on...

I needed about one hundred or more (two or three days). 

I wasted a lot of time riding using my hands in walls to keep my balance. This does not help at all. One week later I could not do anything without a wall or fence.

But mounting without help....is difficult and you will get very tired soon, I know, but you are going to learn very fast.

About the knee and leg pain, will disapear in two week. I did not use anything, but an extra protection can help. And put the feet in a confortable angle in order to relax the knees. The same angle more or less you have the feet while standing up.

About padding, I used three lines around each shell side, two lines around the external circle of leds, protecting them, but it let to dismount the leds ring (not easy though).

No padding over the upper cushions, because the adhesive does not work here.

And two lines in the lower part of the foot support, around its edge.

That must be enough. I will put a picture soon.

But, as esaj said, put the ninebot down over the ground and you can see which are the contact points.

And wich is your city in Spain?

20150726_193610.thumb.jpg.4b5df11c4e37adHI

Thanks Esaj for your usefull tips about feet position.

Rotator I'm from Madrid

Yesterday I practiced without fence (tthat's not truly the truth, I used the fence for getting on unit, but only for that) and I was able to run 2 meters, no more before losing balance.

Today my goal is to get on and off pedals without any help.

Probably my main problem is that I am very cowarldy, but I feel like I'm improving, slowly, but improving.

I don't have as much foam as both of you, I just have the roll that came with Ninebot (a green one) 

I use the foam on knees padding and it works

I have a question for Ninebot owners, how do you carry it?

It is quite heavy, as right now I'm only trainning with it on a car park I take it on a trolley

I've ordered trolley handle as well as backpack, I can't carry 14 kgs 

You are in the right way. Two meters is good. Keep trying every day. In three or four days you will be able to keep the balance. And then, in the next days, you will learn to go where you want and turn. And so on. Go up and down, break....

I only have used the green padding included, two rolls. When I tried to put the foam over the knee padding, The foam fell, like if the adhesive did not work in that surface.

I have bought the trolley. It is useful, but you will need keeping the ninebot powered on while you carry it with the trolley. I believe that this would not drain the battery a lot, but only for your knowledge.

Where did you buy it? I bought mine in Mediamarkt.

Yesterday I practiced without fence (tthat's not truly the truth, I used the fence for getting on unit, but only for that) and I was able to run 2 meters, no more before losing balance.

Today my goal is to get on and off pedals without any help.

Probably my main problem is that I am very cowarldy, but I feel like I'm improving, slowly, but improving.

Don't compare your progress to mine... everyone learns at their own speed. I've ridden mopeds and motorcycles before, thousands of kilometers with a bike with locking pedals. Although I'm far from the "pro" riders here, It all still adds up, and  (maybe) makes me a bit faster learner.

I don't have as much foam as both of you, I just have the roll that came with Ninebot (a green one) 

I use the foam on knees padding and it works

The amount of foam probably don't matter as much, just that it is in the right places. I had my "accidents" (wheel getting trying away from me etc) while I was riding the 14" generic, the Firewheel has ("controllaby") gotten away from me two-three times (trying to ride backwards and in a very steep and rocky off-road downhill).

I have a question for Ninebot owners, how do you carry it?

It is quite heavy, as right now I'm only trainning with it on a car park I take it on a trolley

I've ordered trolley handle as well as backpack, I can't carry 14 kgs 

I haven't carried the Firewheel around that much (and I never rode the 14" to totally empty, always stopped when it shows 1 led), but the few times I've had to carry the 13-14kg Firewheel to home some hundreds of meters, as I've pretty much checked the battery to run out near my home, it's been a pain in my a$$. ;)  No matter how ergonomic the handle, I think it's always going to be hard to carry a wheel above 10kg.

Archived