Begode ET MAX Announcement

13 minutes ago, MichaelMcEntire said:

I am considering this wheel. How does everyone like it? Is there a wheel you wish you had gotten instead?

Its either this or the gt pro for me as well. I'm still leaning GT pro though tbh.

4 hours ago, onewheelkoregro said:

Its either this or the gt pro for me as well. I'm still leaning GT pro though tbh.

I like the look of that one as well. I think I like the height of the ET Max. Lynx is also on the list for me as I really like the suspension and light weight. I have a Master Pro though, so I should be able to handle a heavy wheel.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MichaelMcEntire said:

Do we have anything that gives us a guideline for how much air to add to the air chamber on the shock?

The guideline is that you add enough air so that under rider weight the shock compresses about 25% of the total shock travel.

Trying to have a guideline of how much air pressure to use is too wafty to be meaningful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Frolic0415 said:

Got to try my mate's ET Max last night and it is such an awesome feeling wheel, making me want one now. Surprised how nimble it felt for the weight it is.

Your current ride is a 50S Commander Mini; what does the ET Max buy you in comparison for your use-case? 

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

Your current ride is a 50S Commander Mini; what does the ET Max buy you in comparison for your use-case? 

Speeeeeeed

I max out my Mini every time I ride it, not fast enough for me

Edited by Frolic0415
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Frolic0415 said:

Speeeeeeed

I max out my Mini every time I ride it, not fast enough for me

Yes, that makes a lot of sense indeed.

You must be a speed demon. 😀

I thought the Mini can already go 80+ km/h speeds. But the ET Max has a higher top speed and more stability. 

But you're not in the US, but rather in Australia. Aren't the laws there quite restrictive on euc's?

46 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Yes, that makes a lot of sense indeed.

You must be a speed demon. 😀

I thought the Mini can already go 80+ km/h speeds. But the ET Max has a higher top speed and more stability. 

But you're not in the US, but rather in Australia. Aren't the laws there quite restrictive on euc's?

Mini tops out at around 80-85kph, I sit around 75-80kph most of the time I'm riding and wish I could go faster without the fear of cutting out.

EUCs are illegal in my state, depends on the policeman if they'll try and pull you over or not.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Frolic0415 said:

Mini tops out at around 80-85kph, I sit around 75-80kph most of the time I'm riding and wish I could go faster without the fear of cutting out.

In terms of top speeds, it sounds like the Mini meets my needs. What kind of range do you get on your Mini when you ride at 70+ km/h speeds? 

On 9/14/2024 at 11:10 PM, techyiam said:

In terms of top speeds, it sounds like the Mini meets my needs. What kind of range do you get on your Mini when you ride at 70+ km/h speeds? 

Hmm maybe 40km? Not too sure, I don't usually ride further than that and if I do I'll go slower to conserve range.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Show me one wheel he doesn't like. 😅

That’s exactly what I said in the comments on the video, all his video’s are carbon copies of each other. Once he rides a Sherman L, it’ll be the best ever again. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

I don't think he liked the extreme when it dropped him on his face.

He crashes all his wheels, as long as you use his code the wheel you buy is the best wheel.

• Like 1

While it's true that he loves all the new wheels and raves about them, isn't it the same for all of us?
Although Chooch is an influencer with a sales pitch he's first and foremost a longtime racer/high-speed cruiser/enthusiast rider so it also makes sense, unlike Ustride who praises an old Msp with no suspension that becomes the best in 2024(wtf)

In this video from Delight Device aka Eucyou the telemetry is active and judging by the high speed leans and the reached speed Begode has indeed pushed the limits further on the ETmax

Ilya top speed on the ETmax https://www.instagram.com/ilya.chechulin/reel/C-8LmdrsQiv/

Edited by Bizra6ot
Link
  • Like 2

:sleep1: Did i miss something? This is big wheel topic - not my cup of tea.. So i'll exit.

Big wheels are perfect - if you don't need to carry it EVER and ride on street with cars.

I like them light - because i'm riding on sidewalks and need to carry often.. And same for suspension - i don't need it - at what speed i'm going. Just not needed weight on wheel and something that can break down the road. Yes it's great to have, but not needed. I'll take bigger wheel dieamter instead of dumb suspension. :) 

RS-19 was best power to weight wheel. (Amazing speed and 18" wheel.)

Ohh dang - i did the Chooch...!!!! (Copy paste script)

I'll take my leave now - till i get summoned back by some @_@

Edited by Funky

10 hours ago, Rawnei said:

He crashes all his wheels, as long as you use his code the wheel you buy is the best wheel.

We get it, you don't like him or his videos, luckily i didn't post the video for you specifically. I'm not a big fan of Begode wheels myself but i thought the people that are would like to see it in action. There aren't many "reviewers" that can ride like he can.

1 hour ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

We get it, you don't like him or his videos, luckily i didn't post the video for you specifically. I'm not a big fan of Begode wheels myself but i thought the people that are would like to see it in action. There aren't many "reviewers" that can ride like he can.

It's just conversation and commentary no need to take it personal.

And it's not even about Begode, Chooch is Chooch, I would never take his words as informed advice, he's a salesman who often spreads inaccurate information, so if you depend on what he says for decision making you're not actually making informed decisions.

With his skills and interesting location he could've actually given some interesting comparative analysis between the wheels he reviews but he choose to just go the hype route which is unfortunate.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1