Anyone using Sugru for mods and repairs?

I've been using Sugru for a number of years to repair things, but after viewing some of the modifications people have been posting up, I was wondering if anyone else used it for their EUCs.   It's like a self-setting silicon putty that when exposed to air starts the setting process.  It adheres to almost anything, and it sets to a stiff rubber consistency.  People use it to modify ski handles, attach things (with and without magnets), and repair broken items rather than sending them off to the landfill.

https://sugru.com/

For other repairs I use Gorilla Glue epoxy or JB weld/Quikweld.  Once set the glue is quite strong, but you can still pick it away if you need to.

For attaching items, 3M VHB tape works wonders.  You can get a roll on eBay. People use it to attach spoilers onto cars as it's a very sticky two sided dense thin foam tape.

Hmmmmm.. great idea! I got some sugru left and to attach lights magnetically to a NB1 it would be a cool idea! But I'd need to check if the magnets dont interfere with anything around them first...

Archived