Gotway mcm4 modding and customisation

Jug

17 hours ago, esaj said:

Now this is what I call modding... :D

Thank you @esaj ;)

Well, i did measure the current of headlamp, there is three mode, high beam which consume 1.56A , then low beam take 0.78A and last, stroboscope like, take 1.10A

This settings what i have are very good for now, there is enough space for this and, at the end i do not have any other use for this step down converter for nov :P

But, if one day i need my step down converter for some other projects i will search what you propose to change my settings! ;)

On 17/5/2016 at 9:19 PM, Jug said:

And last but not least here is my new setup for the headlamp with @esaj 's  transformer (module),

i needed to cut out some of the housing of transformer to be able to put it inside the MCM4.

Because the transformer output is 12v and when i tried to attach the headlamp the light was always ON, so i added another converter to step down to 8.5v!

And that work great! 

Again Thank's @esaj :D

And i have more connections for 12v for some future experiments :P

Now when i have spot welder i can do some more battery packs, just waiting for customers..... :P

Congratulations @Jug for your great mod! How is it working?

I've started with my friend (after receive all the pieces and new battery pack) but I had a noob fail... I have ordered another (12v<_<) switch button in order to cut the connection with the transformer... Of course it started to smell "burny" when we tested with the battery connection. 

Today I've ordered another 16mm iron button which supports 110v, it was hard to find but I found it.

Here some pics:

First we soldered the Charging wires

IMG_8559.JPG

And look were I installed the lights switch

IMG_8560.JPG

After checking the space I've seen the transformer fits into the cover (where the motherboard is) and I will not cut the aluminium cover of the transformer because could help to disipate the heat. (Recomendations are welcome at this point).

The lights will be placed on the handle bar and can be connected or disconnected from the "outer shell" if needed.

Once I have the button will connect everything

I'll keep you informed during the following weeks ;)

This is how it looks the button of the lights, and the switcher of the transformer will be placed on the other side (with no led to avoid have always a bright light working...)

IMG_8690.JPG

7 hours ago, EnPagés said:

This is how it looks the button of the lights, and the switcher of the transformer will be placed on the other side (with no led to avoid have always a bright light working...)

Great work @EnPagés

That space you find for transformer, do you need to disassemble all MCM to put it inside or you can put it in just like that, maybe just take of motherboard and pass it behind, but you will need to attach (fasten) the trafo somehow because it will play around and wobbling little bit.   

And the button switch for light, it is placed on curve, be sure to close- isolate the hole around the switch so water do not go inside the shell! ;) 

I will need to put the main switch for transformer because it consume batteries... :(

Archived