AceFace

I've recently customised my Ninebot One E+ pedals by replacing the screws with MTB pedal pins to give that extra bit of security in the wet.     Far less effort than messing around with installing grip tape and far easier to clean than grip tape when the pedals get dirty.   There's plenty of clearance when folding the pedals up, so the pins do not get in the way at all.

Grip is noticeably better than before. 

IMG_0287.JPG

IMG_0288.JPG

IMG_0289.JPG

Almost slip off a few times only, on wet ground. Thanks.

Update: I ordered from UK, few dollars cheaper. Mostly for compatibility.... Always good to support local when available and prices are near equal.

@SlowMo@AceFace said M4 was correct.  I'm just not sure about length.  I ordered the ones I got because they are coming from US.  I paid a little more, but I won't have to wait almost a month for them.

@OneWheel  Yeah, I also had trouble when wet.  The grip tape made a world of difference for me.  Makes my legs less tired because I'm not trying to grip the pads with my toes.

5 minutes ago, OneWheel said:

The top is different from UK. May not get same result.

The ones listed on first post do have a nice double tip that seems to be more grippy.  I think along with the tape, which I'll leave for the color, they should be fine.

The stock NB1 bolts are standard M4 (which are coarse thread 0.7), thread length 5mm below the countersunk shoulder and 8mm overall length.  

The pedal pins which I used had a 5mm thread length and the hex bolt sits far enough into the countersink hole that the threaded end screws in far enough to keep everything tight, but still protrudes enough to provide grip.

Purchased the exact ones from unicycle UK and have been testing today.

Can confirm they work excellently on and off road

No slipping at all.

Top upgrade thanks AceFace

Ok, so the problem I had with mine are that they don't have enough shoulder to hold down the top plate.  I then went to buy some stainless washers, but now the screws are not long enough.  I think if I shape the washers to a cone shape, they will work.  I don't have time for that now, but just wanted to share my experience.  Be sure you get them long enough to hold washers, or with enough shoulder you don't need washers.

Archived