MCM4 Bluetooth module disconnected

So I just received my Gotway MCM4 HS version today. Batteries were shipped separately and arrived earlier. When installing the batteries in the wheel, I noticed this module just loose in the battery compartment of the gotway which I believe it to be the Bluetooth module.....

KqNKNzB.jpg

fphQTgx.jpg

iN2ax1g.jpg

I tried to see where it might connect to on the main circuit board but didn't see anything obvious from the side view. Any help on this? By the way, the wheel seems to run fine without it.

1 hour ago, esaj said:

Yup, sure looks like the BT-module. You can actually find tons of similar ones (with different chip options) from Aliexpress/Amazon/ebay etc.:

HC-06-4-Pin-Serial-Wireless-Bluetooth-RF

HC-06-4-Pin-Serial-Wireless-Bluetooth-RF

That's the one without BT LE support. The other one from Michael is the new one. 

19 minutes ago, OliverH said:

That's the one without BT LE support. The other one from Michael is the new one. 

I know, the point was to show that it's very likely the BT-module, Michael's one uses CC2541 -chip (BT LE):  http://www.ti.com/product/CC2541 

You can also just get the "base boards" (the blue part seen in the pictures I posted) and the chip-parts separately & solder them yourself). There are modules with various BT SPP and BT LE chips available.

1 hour ago, esaj said:

I know, the point was to show that it's very likely the BT-module, Michael's one uses CC2541 -chip (BT LE):  http://www.ti.com/product/CC2541 

You can also just get the "base boards" (the blue part seen in the pictures I posted) and the chip-parts separately & solder them yourself). There are modules with various BT SPP and BT LE chips available.

I plan to use the Adafruit Feather for light and BT and use it as a protocol converter ;)

1 hour ago, OliverH said:

I plan to use the Adafruit Feather for light and BT and use it as a protocol converter ;)

similar plan here, first need to find time to make my battery though .')

PS

@esaj do the gotway bt packets contain data on spinning direction?

1 hour ago, Tomek said:

similar plan here, first need to find time to make my battery though .')

PS

@esaj do the gotway bt packets contain data on spinning direction?

Well, the speed can be negative or positive depending which way the motor is running (and apparently for some owners it shows negative values when riding "the right way around", so it could be mounted/wired either way?). You don't get actually RPM-info out from there, it gives out the speed directly.

1 hour ago, esaj said:

Well, the speed can be negative or positive depending which way the motor is running (and apparently for some owners it shows negative values when riding "the right way around", so it could be mounted/wired either way?). You don't get actually RPM-info out from there, it gives out the speed directly.

cool, that means i should be able to move on with the plan of implementing white light on the front-riding direction, red in the back, battery level on top, and maybe some subtle breaking and acceleration effects

@Michael Vu, sorry for hijacking the thread, you should plug the module like i mentioned before, right next to the big capacitors

Archived